• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Face or Heel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppycock

Championship Contender
The Undertaker - Hulk Hogan - Chris Jericho

Taking a look at each wrestler individually which persona do you prefer the wrestler to be portraying and why?

The Undertaker for me is always better as a heel. I know he has reached a status which allows him to be worshiped nomatter what side of the fence he is on but in the past I have always found his character is better suited as a bad guy. His evil ministry persona was possibly my favourite character gimmick in the history of the WWE and his "church of satan" sacrifices and dark happenings was no doubt pushing the boundries of what is acceptable to the regular guy/girl in the street as much as any other gimmick in WWE history.

Hulk Hogan was a childhood hero of mine (never as much as The Undertaker) but I definitely bought into the whole Hulkamania thing. When he turned heel in WCW I personally thought although somewhat shocking it allowed him to produce some of his best mic work, promo work and everything in between.. even more than his good guy touching on godly persona. So I prefer Hulk as a heel I think.. although I would like him to sport the red and yellow once more (not in the ring) and get less heat.

Chris Jericho for me is brilliant in either role. His mic work and ring work is top draw nomatter if he is playing a good or bad guy. Saying that I find him more entertaining as a heel. His wit and on mic insults are amazing.

If you can be bothered I would be interested in your favourite Heel and Face moments for each superstar..either in word or video form.

I love all three of this performers in either capacity. I'd say I agree with you with Jericho and Undertaker, both performer better as heels, although both still get cheered by me in that capacity... :lmao:

For Hogan, though I love his heel work and it has produced some amazing moments, the Hulkamaniac in me can't let me pick heel over the red and yellow. I'll love that man no matter what he does, but gotta go old school, training, saying my prayers, and eating my vitamins, brother!

Undertaker : Better heel, with his whole ministry of darkness gimmick.
Jericho: Better heel, yeah his whole gimmick of being the best at what he does fits him better as a heel than a face.
Hogan: Heel hands down. His Hollywood Hogan gimmick with the NWO, is what got me back into wrestling in 1996.

Undertaker As a heel for Taker, even though his charecter is always a scary badass(American Badass) Undertaker role during the Randy Orton feud for example was my favorite. He plays a bad guy that you believe, he's intimidating the best part is he's a heel the fans love to get behind.

[YOUTUBE]Cl3nsaQSQXY[/YOUTUBE]

Hulk Hogan Although his time as a heel was entertaining I definitely prefer Hogan as a face. It is obvious as to why, his energy and connection with the crowd was otherworldly as a face.

[YOUTUBE]jwKvFBgvdMI[/YOUTUBE]

Chris Jericho Chris is one of my top 2 favorite wrestlers of all time so this one is hard, he plays both so well that its hard to say. I have to go with Heel just because nobody plays it better than him. The thing that's amazing about Jericho is how well he plays both though, he can pull off almost any role he's given and make the crowd love him or hate him whenever he wants.

[YOUTUBE]yg6tn04X_KM[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhhh I love this.

Taker - without a doubt he is the essence of a Tweener much like SCSA. Heel or Face people from the day he arrived with the Vulture at his side have cheered for him. Come to think of it I dont think I have ever really heard him booed.

Jericho - Heel he is Gold and Face he is gold - I recall his words to Steph every week...your a slimey greasy bottom feeding trashbag Ho.....pure gold

Hogan - I HATE HOGAN since I was 15 I hated him....ALWAYS a Hot Rod fan aka Rowdy Roddy Piper and I HATED HOGAN and still do. Heel or face he bores me.

Taker-I'll have to go with heel, because his gimmick was made for him to be a heel. So I guess, it just seems to me that he fits better as a heel. The Ministry was also something that no one had seen or has seen since.

Jericho-Everyone in this thread has stated that Jericho plays both roles with perfection, and me being one of the biggest Jericho marks I know, I have to agree. However, unlike everyone else however I'm going to say he's better as a face. After reading both his biographies it seems to me that his face persona, is actually him. A rocker type of person, and had alot of charisma. As a face, his way of making fun of his opponent was incomparable.

Hogan-Even though his debut as a heel was something no one had seen at the time, he was like every other heel. The more I think about it now, it wasn't his actual character that shocked everyone, it was the fact that no one saw it coming. When he was a face, his charisma was the most anyone had ever seen, he had everyone in the crowd on his side. So I'll have to go with face.

Taker - Heel

Hogan - Both! He's amazing that way. The crowd is always in the palm of his hands.

Jericho - Heel. He was awesome back in 02/03 until HHH turned heel and Jericho became a Scooby Doo villain.

Taker- face, hes always been a face, even when he was a heel, everyone loves the undertaker, hes larger than life

Jericho- Heel, so cocky, so brash, the man of 1004 holds indeed lol

Hogan, i gotta say both, he was the greatest face in the 80s and one of the greatest heels in the 90s

Undertaker will never be able to go heel again unless he went back to that awful American Badass character. I legitmiately hated that character so much that I boo'ed everything he ever did. I'd say he had his best heel moments as that character due to him being too cool to boo when he was in his initial storylines or the Ministry. He's had countless amazing face moments as The Phenom, far too many to list. The matches against Michaels were perhaps his best face moments if I had to pick something. I like Taker more as a face, he's one of those guys that you just can't boo. He could hit a puppy with a tombstone and still get cheered.

Hogan is the easiest to answer about for these three guys. He had a lot of moments that stand out from both sides of the face/heel spectrum. His best heel moment was the initial heel turn to form the nWo. At the time I couldn't stand it or him, but as an adult who understands the business better I see how good it was. His best moments as a face include many great matches where he overcome the odds. Moments like the Wrestlemania 3 match with Andre. I will always like his face persona better.

Jericho I am almost completely divided on whether I like him better as a face or a heel due to him being SO good at any role he is given. His run as a sarcastic face was great, filled with many hilarious moments. I really enjoyed his 2007 comeback as a face. His heel run from 2008 to 2010 saw his best heel moments. The feud with Michaels was a perfect way to turn him, and stands out as his best heel moment for me. From the feud with Michaels up until his forced alliance with Team WWE against Nexus, he was good at making most of the fans dislike him while still getting cheers from his own loyal fans. I would rather him be a face if/when he returns though because we have not seen that side of him in a long time.

Taker- He is such a tweener that it is really hard to say. Ill go with heel just because the character is meant to be a heel. He has to be one of the most awesome wrestling characters of all time so I could never boo him, but I would say heel.

Jericho- Heel he could just get so much heat and make me hate him so much that I loved him as a heel. I never loved him that much as a face sure he was good but I just feel he plays a better heel.

Hogan- Heel the NWO heel turn was amazing and one of my favorite wrestling moments. Hogan changed the business so much so many different times it makes it hard to decide. I say heel even though he was face for 85 percent of his career.

Original heel Undertaker is the only heel version of him I ever liked. When he turned face is the best he's done in my opinion. I did not care for Ministry of Darkness taker at all.

Hulk Hogan face from 80's to 90's was barnone the most over wrestler in the history of wrestling. Hollywood Hogan initially became one of the best swervs in history.

Jericho is fantastic at whatever he does. He crosses over so easily. His biggest impact has to been heel from WCW to early WWF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back