Ever Feel Bad For The Diva's?

Get me a contract like Kelly Kelly's got and I'll put on a pair of Daisy Dukes and shake my ass in front of the world too.

:scratchchin:

Do I feel for the divas for the lack of reaction? I feel for the divas who try to entertain the crowd. You know, the divas that try to show a little emotion, remind everyone they just got punched in the face and if nothing else, remember that they are in front of a shit load of people. Unfortunately, there's really only a handful of divas who try to do that.

I really do think what hinders the divas is that most of them try to wrestle like the men, but they don't have the physical prowess to do that kind of stuff. Heck, every woman who has gotten over in the WWE was more known for her attitude rather than her moveset leading up to her finisher. Wendi Retcher was just a country girl livin' the dream. Sable was the fierce blond-shell who didn't take shit from anyone. Lita "was one of the guys." And Trish was a mean bitch, but transformed into a very sympathetic girl.

Last night's reaction did not surprise me at all. Eve is a fucking robot while Beth is even worst. Beth was dragging Eve by her hair, but she has as much charisma as the fucking robot.. Whom didn't even bother to make it look like she was being hurt.

I don't buy that lack of storylines and time makes all the difference in the world because there are guys on Raw who have gotten the hell pushes out of them and get as much reaction (looking at you Del Rio). Sure it wouldn't hurt, but you can't really expect much if you have nothing about you that makes you naturally interesting. Watching Beth call out the divas for being shit was like if HBK called HHH out for kicking out of too many finishers at Wrestlemania... Doesn't have much credibility to the fans.

Yah i feel sorta bad if there was actually a decent story to be told ala laycool then i guarantee the crowd would be more into it!! But an barbie airhead doll like kelly kelly what story does she tell. If i was creative i make up a story about a secret that kelly kelly has had and only beth phoenix knows about it!! Do something to make people have any kind of reaction to the diva divison because to be quite honest when there on i just fast forward because i know there is no story to be told!!

I have thought for a long time that the divas need to be trained better to fine tune everything they do. People talk about the botched dropkick. Ok. But I think in terms of THAT, someone needs to work with Eve and teach her to do it right or cut it from her moveset. And I'm just using her as a example, not by any means suggesting she is the only one who needs help.

Give them a storyline to sell. Fine.
Teach them how to use and perform moves they actually do well. Awesome.
Do a workshop with them on mic work. Alright.

The thing I'd REALLY like them to work on is establishing unique characters. The idea behind the generic blonde bimbo spiel is actually legitimate in that most of them fit that bill AND don't act any different from each other. At risk of reading like a total geek, it'd be like putting a new skin on a video game character and expecting them to be different than the base character.

The divas are a very bland division right now, yes. However, they don't have to be. They've just been treated that way as a whole because they AREN'T up to the caliber of the men. I loved Lita. I'll even level, I don't think he character was THAT rich, but she was something definitively different than Trish. One of my favorite storylines involving women was the Jericho/Christian/Trish/Lita story where Jericho and Christian had a bet going as to who could bed their respective diva first. It was kind of soap opera-y but I dug it. The divas need to be unique personalities (or for some of the opinions on here, need to HAVE personalities).

But I still feel bad as a collective that they don't get the reaction because they are as a whole neglected.

And to answer a previous question, I've also viewed the belt lift as a sort of cue for a follow up pop. The belt taunt is supposed to act as a tension builder that (even slightly) raises crowd excitement. It's a little thing. But if you listen when its done with people the fans care about (Cena, Punk, etc.), it happens. Usually.

WWE did this to themselves. This is what they get for trying to replace Trish and Lita in appearance rather than in ability or even both. I do feel bad for the divas because some of them do try and care about improving the division. However, I dislike seeing models who can't wrestle trying to fight for a female WRESTLER'S championship. Beth MUST win this sunday. Then have her and Natalya destror the other divas. That would bring back some of the crowd reaction. Whatever they were going to have Kharma do, do it anyhow with Beth and Natalya. It's not that complicated.

WWE did this to themselves. This is what they get for trying to replace Trish and Lita in appearance rather than in ability or even both. I do feel bad for the divas because some of them do try and care about improving the division. However, I dislike seeing models who can't wrestle trying to fight for a female WRESTLER'S championship. Beth MUST win this sunday. Then have her and Natalya destror the other divas. That would bring back some of the crowd reaction. Whatever they were going to have Kharma do, do it anyhow with Beth and Natalya. It's not that complicated.

You are absolutely right. WWE did do this to themselves. I don't know why Vince gave up on the Divas Division after Trish and Lita left when he should've known that the two weren't going to be around forever. Now, going back to the present day I really hope that Beth wins on Sunday and reform her alliance with Natalya as what they call themselves on Twitter "Sisters of Destruction". When the two formed their brief alliance during the December of 2010, I knew that they were going to be faces for only a short time because Lay-Cool were extremely annoying heels. However the Lay-Cool era has ended due to Michelle McCool leaving the WWE and Layla on the injured list. I'm looking forward to the Beth and Natalya alliance as heels as long as WWE gives them a chance.

You are absolutely right. WWE did do this to themselves. I don't know why Vince gave up on the Divas Division after Trish and Lita left when he should've known that the two weren't going to be around forever. Now, going back to the present day I really hope that Beth wins on Sunday and reform her alliance with Natalya as what they call themselves on Twitter "Sisters of Destruction". When the two formed their brief alliance during the December of 2010, I knew that they were going to be faces for only a short time because Lay-Cool were extremely annoying heels. However the Lay-Cool era has ended due to Michelle McCool leaving the WWE and Layla on the injured list. I'm looking forward to the Beth and Natalya alliance as heels as long as WWE gives them a chance.

2 things.
1: Vince didn't exactly give up on the divas division, but the hiring of pretty girls came from (in my opinion) Stacy Keibler getting over. She was no wrestler in any way shape or form... but man what a shape and form she had. As a valet she was a draw. I'd certainly watch whatever match she was involved in if it meant she was going to be ringside, I don't care if she was with Test. The Testicles was a hilarious idea, and she's a charismatic woman even if she were butt-ugly, and let's face it, Stacy >>>>> Sunny. So that was one unintended consequence of Stacy being in the WWE and getting over like she did.

2: I would love to see Phoenix & Natalya not team up so much as have a competitive and friendly rivalry with each other. Insomuch that they wrestle each other on PPVs, put on a clinic for the divas to watch, and then squash their respective brands on Raw & Smackdown. Making open challenges for some diva to step up and act like a WRESTLER and beat the best the brand has to offer. And then start getting real wrestlers with strong amateur/professional wrestling backgrounds in the Divas division.

That's what I think.

Do I feel sorry for the divas? Some of them. I don't feel for the divas who couldn't give two shits about the division and only signed for WWE for the money and to get offers from major model agencies. I don't feel sorry for them because they're getting a nice pay check at the end of the month for nothing other than wearing little and making the guys happy (I must admit though they do make me happy). I feel sorry for the divas who are trying to rebuild the division, woman such as Natalya and Beth. Woman who can actually wrestle but get little reaction and are ignored even though they are better wrestlers than some of the guys. I feel sorry for Gail Kim who asked for her release probably because she was never used even though she was one of the best woman's wrestler on the roster. I feel sorry for them because they are great wrestlers but don't get as much attention or tv time as divas who can't wrestle.

I do feel sorry for some of the divas yes, only SOME. The ones that can actualy wrestle and would be capable of pulling off a good promo. Looking at the divas division now then looking back at the time of Trish, Lita, Molly Holly even Chyna, there is quite a difference. I mean matched now for divas are just pointless matches. They go in "wrestle" for less then 5min (although the divas match raw just passed hit around 6.. shock ha) then thats it match over. I dont think people take interest because theres no storyline behind them. No anticipation for how the story line might evolve in a match. I for one would find the matches far more interesting with a good storyline behind them.

Although its not really just story lines, but the Divas themselves. im not dis respecting my examples here but lets look at a kelly kelly v Maryse senario. You would think yeah that could be pretty even match. Then put kelly kelly against the divas of before like Chyna or Lita.. I think we know who would come out better of the 2. Beth Pheonix i think saves the division. but i just dont see much competition for her at all.. its sad really like! they need to find more divas like the ones they had or at least try build the ones they have with some good storylines..

They need to get back in the kitchen! Just kidding. I feel bad for the divas because
1) Every week it's the same 2 minute diva battle royal match on RAW.
2) The Bella Twins WERE the top Diva heels.
3) Lucky ass Goldust is assigned to work with the divas
4) They're just there to comfort the boys.
5) They have horrible entrance music.

Divas divison has gone to waste. Especially now that Melina is gone. I don't get why WWE is trying to make Kelly Kelly and the Bella Twins headline the divas divison. Hopefully Beth wins. WWE can use divas like Natayla, Alicia Fox, Layla, and Beth they can use.

Nope, Kelly Kelly one of the talentless bimbo divas that have made it hard for the women, not diva because diva's are stupid airhead pop bimbo's like Mary J Bliiiiige, who actually worked hard and not puked their guts out and then willingly exposed themselves as much as possible to get on tv.
The hell are you talking about?
----------------------------------

Of course I feel bad for the divas. Anyone whos out there every night and gets zero respect, and isnt falling behind the standards set by those around them has my sympathy.

I do feel bad for most of them, as no reaction is worse than boos. Most are decent to good in the ring and a few of them have even shown great improvement.

I think they've been generally undersupported by the writing/booking staff, which hasn't developed most of the Divas as actual characters over the years. There's little for the audience to connect to or get behind. How are we supposed to get behind characters we know little to nothing about? How are we supposed to get interested in matches that have little to no story or reason behind them?
I loved characters like Lita, Trish Stratus, Mickie James, Molly Holly, etc. because they had actual storylines that I could get into and some actual character depth. Feuds like Trish/Lita and Trish/Mickie had fan support because they were interesting and had defined characters. Laycool did so well because they actually got interview/promo time to fully establish their characters over.

I do still hold out hope for them because every now and then there are signs of improvement in the writing and booking.

Nah! I feel bad for the guys they date. (think about it for a second)

The Divas are not fun to watch and are simply eye candy. The only reason I'd pay attention to them was so I could write their matches into my blog. Other than that I'm sitting at home yelling:

BRING OUT THE HIGHFLIERS!!!!!

I do feel sorry for some of the divas and the reason they get no reaction is because there never realy in storylines and who would cheer someone when all do is run in and hit someone with a belt and pose in the ring,just coz she is hot dont mean she will get a reaction.

But now that Beth & Natalya have formed the Divas Of Doom i think they will get a reaction from the fans who were fed up witht he divas so we will be seeing some crowd reactions soon.

So i only feel bad for the divas who work there ass off (Gail Kim & other good wrestlers) and get nothing in return.

I dont feel sorry for them, the majority of them are models who are sent to FCW to learn basic moves and work the mic. Sure there are some who can actually wrestle but they are not as hot as the others and are only used to make the hot ones look good in the ring.

But where are they gonna go and make a boat load of cash? TNA, Mexico, Japan, or indy. They wouldnt make the same kind of cash, so they put up with it. The WWE considers the Divas as a sideshow and that will not change anytime soon. They had a chance to make them a little bit more legit but Karma got pregers and killed any momentum they had for the division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back