Ever Feel Bad For The Diva's?

PhoenixBuster

Equal Opportunity Poster
I realize they aren't typically very good, but does anyone else ever feel a little BAD for the Divas and the lack of reaction they get from the crowd in the arena?

I mean, as I watched Raw tonight, I thought is was sad and depressing that when Kelly Kelly got in the ring and raised the Diva's belt in the air to ABSOLUTELY ZERO reaction from the crowd.

So, really I'm just looking for opinions on sympathy (or pity) I suppose.

Aaand GO!

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
STAY ON TOPIC! Do not Spam!

If you want to have crowd reaction you have to tell stories. The divas tell no stories, at least not lately. LayCool was the last of that in the WWE.

Bring in some character, some story, and then find two divas that can continue the story in the ring.

I don't pity any wrestler, diva or no; it's business and nothing is owed to anyone. But rather than have two minute segments that no one cares about twice a week, maybe another strategy would be to raise crowd interest outside the ring first.

TNA has WWE dominated in female wrestling right now for that reason...

I sometimes feel pity for the babyface wrestlers who don't get any crowd reaction, but it isn't their fault, it's the bookers. Otherwise, they simply lack charisma, and that's their fault.

I do feel bad for them. It's sometimes uncomfortable to watch their matches because I vicariously feel there embarrassment.

And the non-existent crowd reaction has nothing to do with the fact that the divas "don't tell stories". Two divas could put on a 5-star match and the fans would still be almost completely silent because they don't care about women's wrestling. That's just the way it is. There could be an unbelievably intense and amazing WNBA game, but still, nobody would care. Same thing with women's wrestling. It's a really a shame.

Nope, Kelly Kelly one of the talentless bimbo divas that have made it hard for the women, not diva because diva's are stupid airhead pop bimbo's like Mary J Bliiiiige, who actually worked hard and not puked their guts out and then willingly exposed themselves as much as possible to get on tv.

It's better they don't get any phony reaction from the fans, it lets them know they need to step it up. If they want a reaction they need to find a way to either put on more interesting matches or find a way to develop their characters. When you think about it what's the difference between Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres?

i dont ever feel bad for any of the wrestlers male or female its a business and as far as the divas go...maybe they should get more air time then a few minutes twice a week notice how IW gives the knockouts a few different storylines and the crowd REACTS to them! maybe for once (and only this once) vince should steal a page out of the book of impact wrestling

Yeah, I feel really bad for the divas. I mean, coming out to the ring in skimpy clothing, getting paid large amounts of money while doing very little, and gaining international exposure along the way while potentially getting discovered by non-wrestling parties, it must be rough being a diva. I would imagine they couldn't care less if you could hear a pin drop before, during, or after their matches, I imagine they're laughing all the way to the bank.

The "Blueprint";3328266 said:
It's better they don't get any phony reaction from the fans, it lets them know they need to step it up. If they want a reaction they need to find a way to either put on more interesting matches or find a way to develop their characters. When you think about it what's the difference between Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres?

The difference is that Eve tries to improve unlike Kelly. I mean just think Kelly is over due to her looks shes being given a title reign due to her looks why on earth would she want to improve when things are handed to her. Now I cant stand Trish Stratus BUT atleast she improved she earned her spot. I wish divas could be like that again.

Yes I do feel bad....for the divas that can fight and the divas that are trying to improve which are Beth, Natalya, AJ, Eve and Layla (when she comes back) I guess you can throw Maryse and Tamina in there since they arent awful. Like someone said they need to have stories like they did when Lita and Trish were around.

One problem is Vince doesnt care about his divas like he did in the Trish and Lita days which is a shame for the divas. I hope the divas start getting reactions soon and that they are taken seriously again and are get more tv time like the knockouts do in TNA. I'm starting to think why do I even want to be a wwe diva one day?

Oh one more thing people say that Kelly Kelly is so over then why did she get no reaction tonight if she is over?

Yeah, I feel really bad for the divas. I mean, coming out to the ring in skimpy clothing, getting paid large amounts of money while doing very little, and gaining international exposure along the way while potentially getting discovered by non-wrestling parties, it must be rough being a diva. I would imagine they couldn't care less if you could hear a pin drop before, during, or after their matches, I imagine they're laughing all the way to the bank.

^^^^

That made me laugh so hard.

I do kind of feel bad. I was sitting here wondering how it feels to get absolutely no reaction from a huge crowd continuously.

Hopefully Kharma comes back after her pregnancy and lifts the women's division into something watchable.

That Lack of reaction like to tonight was why WWE threw a heavy amount of their Diva plans out of the window. I remember some one posted a while back, a match between Gail Kim vs Mickie James, the crowd sucked. Granted WWE could have burried Gail and Mickie because of the amount of screw ups in the match but the crowd to me, is what makes a match interesting the talents has to feel the energy, positive or negative. So yes I do, they seemed stoked last week about heel turned Beth Phoenix, albeit different City different crowd but I don't know, people Bitch about WWE's female talent then when WWE does something with them, no reaction.

Habs nailed it. It's not like the Divas are getting paid a few hundred dollars for an appearance. They have actual contracts and get paid a good amount of money to have 1 minute battle royal matches. Some don't even show up on television. Gail Kim is bitter about her role, but when you are getting paid a good sum of money to be eye candy, it's hard to feel sorry for them.

I don't feel sorry Hugh Hefner's girlfriends that get $20,000 a week just to stay with him or half a million to marry him. They may be kept on a short leash and have creepy old guy hands all over them, but they don't have to worry about a thing.

At least the divas now don't have to bark like a dog, show their ass, or make out with Vince McMahon or Al Wilson like they did years ago.

I feel bad for war orphans in Africa. I feel bad for people that've lost their houses during the economic recession. I feel bad for people dying of terminal cancer.

What I don't feel bad for, however, are gorgeous women who come out in very skimpy clothing, do ultimately very little in comparison to their male counterparts, travel all over the world and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do it. Yeah man, the poor deprived WWE Divas have it rough. Get me a contract like Kelly Kelly's got and I'll put on a pair of Daisy Dukes and shake my ass in front of the world too.

It's no secret that women's wrestling has never been a particularly big deal in WWE or really in wrestling in the United States going back to the beginning. The Divas are never going to be as relevant as their male counterparts no matter what and there's no reason why they should. I agree that I'd like to see Divas better but there's definitely nothing to feel bad for them about.

Despite the fact that Gail Kim said in her Tweets that the Divas are just as important as the men, it's all utter and complete crap. She knows it, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. She left TNA during a time when women's wrestling actually mattered in the company to come to the WWE. Why? Because they could pay her a helluva lot more money than TNA could. She knew what she was getting into. She knew she was going to a wrestling company where women's wrestling wasn't relevant. That didn't stop her from smiling and prancing around while cashing those big checks. Then, she goes on Twitter and bitches about how poorly she's used.

Nope. No pity whatsoever. Am I the only one who saw Eve botch that dropkick? Like :wtf: The crowd started to boo loudly because of it. How do you expect to get a positive reaction from the crowd if you can't perform a move properly and try acting like you hit it.
I'll feel bad when they put on solid matches and the crowd doesn't cheer at all till then they can kick rocks.

I wouldn't say I feel bad, but one thing I do think is unfortunate is not the divas but the female wrestlers. It is unfortunate that truly talented women like beth phoenix and nattie and gail kim get zero reaction when they have worked really hard to learn their craft and do it quite well and then they get thrown into matches where they are forced to job to models who were hired for their looks. I think it's unfortunate that these talented wrestlers don't get to hear the reward from the majority of the fans because while they do get paid well, it must be kind of unfortunate to not ever really get the recognition for their hard work.

I do not think or care much about the "divas" though, who I don't consider to be female wrestlers, but models who learned a few moves and how to take a few bumps, like say kelly or the bellas. Getting no reaction from fans is understandable, because they really are not that good in the ring.

So yeah, I guess I do think the lack of reaction that the female wrestlers get is unfortunate, but I don't feel bad for them, and I feel nothing for the "divas"

I realize they aren't typically very good, but does anyone else ever feel a little BAD for the Divas and the lack of reaction they get from the crowd in the arena?

I mean, as I watched Raw tonight, I thought is was sad and depressing that when Kelly Kelly got in the ring and raised the Diva's belt in the air to ABSOLUTELY ZERO reaction from the crowd.

So, really I'm just looking for opinions on sympathy (or pity) I suppose.

Aaand GO!

I do with this latest angle. I mean the botched dropkick wasn't good, but other than that they gave a solid few minutes in the ring, and like the storyline they've got going on right now. Not just "I like it, for a divas storyline" but I genuinely am interested in it and hope to see an entertaining (squash) match to give Phoenix the title. I would like it even more if Natalya gets involved too.

I don't really think it's very cool that they get NO reaction after what they did at this past MNR match. They deserved at least as much reaction as Ziggler & A-Ry got.

I feel that they aren't given enough opportunity to actually get anyone interested in them whatsoever. If they were given a few minutes each week to build feuds up, and more than 2 minute matches, only then could I see feeling sorry for them if they still didn't get any support.

Where I do feel for them is the lack of opportunity they're given to make themselves relevant. I see where others are saying they get paid well, do very little, etc...but you know, some of them are there to perform and to be a part of something. They didn't sign on to JUST be eye candy. (well some didn't anyways).

Maybe, just maybe, they're real people with real pride and real feelings too. I know right now most of you would tell me "I don't care what I do if I make the money they do." and you probably believe that. But try doing "anything" and being completely unappreciated for your efforts, and see how long you're willing to just take a paycheck. If you can live that way, you're a worthless excuse for a person. And these Divas (again, most of them) have worked really hard to get to the WWE and are rightfully proud of their accomplishments.

The difference is that Eve tries to improve unlike Kelly. I mean just think Kelly is over due to her looks shes being given a title reign due to her looks why on earth would she want to improve when things are handed to her. Now I cant stand Trish Stratus BUT atleast she improved she earned her spot. I wish divas could be like that again.

Yes I do feel bad....for the divas that can fight and the divas that are trying to improve which are Beth, Natalya, AJ, Eve and Layla (when she comes back) I guess you can throw Maryse and Tamina in there since they arent awful. Like someone said they need to have stories like they did when Lita and Trish were around.

One problem is Vince doesnt care about his divas like he did in the Trish and Lita days which is a shame for the divas. I hope the divas start getting reactions soon and that they are taken seriously again and are get more tv time like the knockouts do in TNA. I'm starting to think why do I even want to be a wwe diva one day?

Oh one more thing people say that Kelly Kelly is so over then why did she get no reaction tonight if she is over?

The only thing notable about Eve is her moonsault. Plus from what I've seen from Eve her presence is pretty boring most of the time. No Charisma what so ever. Kelly might not be the best wrestler but about the fact the "she got no crowd reaction" she actually did get a good pop if you actually listen to when she came out and attacked Beth. She raised the title so? Are the fans supposed to cheer for that? She already got a pop when she came out so I just think this "she's not over" thing is another thing some people like to make an excuse as to why they don't like her. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. And do I feel sorry for the divas? Yes. But not because most of them don't get reactions because they aren't showcased enough. How about seeing a 7+ minute diva match before judging how talented they are? The fact that they're known for performing better at live events just proves that they actually have talent even if little.

I feel bad for the women who could wrestle, but weren't supermodels who can't make it big, while walking botch reals who have sex appeal get pushed to champion status.

Kelly Kelly has shown noticable improvement in the last year or so, both acting and in ring, when she was doing her thing with Kharma, I thought she may be worthwhile, but her matches are still full of fail, and if they were an nxt rookie male, she'd be gone week 1.

To get a reaction from the crowd, you have to make them care about you

No-one cares about the WWE Divas. They make want to fuck them, but due to the booking and lack of talent they have, no-one gives a shit as soon as the match starts. The matches are usually sub-par, unless its Beth or Natalya, and there are little or no storylines for the fans to get emotionally involved in.

For many fans, Kelly Kelly holding up a belt means as much as me holding up a belt in public would. People could not give less of a fuck

I feel sorry for divas, and in fact all the talent, who try to bust their gut night after night, only to have untalented dimwits like a lot of the people who post here, bagging them all the time.

A lot of you guys must be gay if you aren't interested in the divas' looks. I mean, at "MITB", I actually enjoyed the Kelly-Kelly/Bella match because I was waiting for Eve's ta-tas to fall out of her dress any second. I figure, if they can't wrestle, at least you can fantasise about them.

Maybe the real reason people on this board resent divas is because they look like the type of women who turn you down, time after time.

As for the people who say it is about their ringwork. Oh, excuse me, I think that people like John Morrison and R-Truth have good ringwork, but I read constantly that they are no good either, because they don't have stickwork. So, which is more important, ringwork or stickwork?

I guess I am calling the ICW out. You people bitch and moan about this wrestler and that wrestler. You moan about how today's stars aren't as good as SCSA or the Rock, who you *********e constantly about. Someone like John Cena works his guts out, tries to represent the company, but because he isn't allowed to do the moveset he used as Prototye in Florida, or because he is given lame jokes to tell by a bunch of TV and movie writers out the back (who have a weird sense of humour), or because many wrestling fans are a bunch of sheep, who boo Cena because everyone else does (you bunch of lemmings), you completely criticise him and the other hard workers.

These people put their bodies and health on the line, night after night, with no time off, away from their families. You say about how much they get paid, but out of that they pay for their own accomodation in cities that they perform, their own transport, and most importantly, they have to pay their own medical bills, for injuires occuring in the ring, because Vince is a cheap bastard who uses a big payday as a lure to then use talent as he wishes, even if it is to just humiliate them. They are exposed to a drug culture that claimed many superstars, including Eddie Guerrero, and possibly, Chris Benoit and his family, but you are tempted to use, because you don't get pushed unless you look "big".

But then, they have to be talked about badly by ungrateful shits like Mark Madden, who was a fat, crap commentator turned fat, crap columnist, and the IWC, many of who don't know talent if it bit them, because today's stars are like the wife-beater (which, if you had any respect for women, you would have less respect for Austin because of that), and the guy who sold out for movies (who, by the way, the fans booed when he quit for movies, only for them to then hypocritically drool over him at WM27).

So, yes, I feel sorry for the divas. I feel sorry that they aren't given more time in matches. They are thrown in the ring long before they are trained, risking injury, have to keep their weight down, (I read that eating disorders with divas is as prominent as steroid abuse is with the guys. Michelle McCool was one case of this), to try to please a paying audience who can't be pleased anymore.

I'm the C.M. Punk of the internet. This keyboard, in most people's hands, is just a way to type text onto a screen. In my hands, it's a pipebomb!

Jesus, calm down will ya!!!

This thread is supposed to be about feeling sorry for the Divas and you've gone on a long rant about the IWC, Rock and Austin, Mark Madden and drugs, While in the end I do sort of get your point I have to say most of your post is pathetic.

As for the original question, do I feel sorry for the Divas? Yeah I feel sorry for them that they don't get more ring time, but at the end of the day they are there to do what they do, which is to simply be eyecandy. Sad but true

Lets say 2 divas put on a fantastic 1/2 hour match at Wrestlemania that was as good a match you will ever see. Well once that match had been done and dusted and despite how good it was, Nobody will remember it!

There is a reason Austin said WHO when that girl talked about Melina and Alisha. They are eyecandy and once they're gone nobody remembers them.

I do feel sorry. Not for the Divas but the women wrestlers. Handful of them are left and they are not in any storyline, nor do they get anytime to showcase their talent.
Anyway, crowd seem to care less about the 2 minute piss break.

I feel sorry for divas, and in fact all the talent, who try to bust their gut night after night, only to have untalented dimwits like a lot of the people who post here, bagging them all the time.

A lot of you guys must be gay if you aren't interested in the divas' looks. I mean, at "MITB", I actually enjoyed the Kelly-Kelly/Bella match because I was waiting for Eve's ta-tas to fall out of her dress any second. I figure, if they can't wrestle, at least you can fantasise about them.

Maybe the real reason people on this board resent divas is because they look like the type of women who turn you down, time after time.

As for the people who say it is about their ringwork. Oh, excuse me, I think that people like John Morrison and R-Truth have good ringwork, but I read constantly that they are no good either, because they don't have stickwork. So, which is more important, ringwork or stickwork?

I guess I am calling the ICW out. You people bitch and moan about this wrestler and that wrestler. You moan about how today's stars aren't as good as SCSA or the Rock, who you *********e constantly about. Someone like John Cena works his guts out, tries to represent the company, but because he isn't allowed to do the moveset he used as Prototye in Florida, or because he is given lame jokes to tell by a bunch of TV and movie writers out the back (who have a weird sense of humour), or because many wrestling fans are a bunch of sheep, who boo Cena because everyone else does (you bunch of lemmings), you completely criticise him and the other hard workers.

These people put their bodies and health on the line, night after night, with no time off, away from their families. You say about how much they get paid, but out of that they pay for their own accomodation in cities that they perform, their own transport, and most importantly, they have to pay their own medical bills, for injuires occuring in the ring, because Vince is a cheap bastard who uses a big payday as a lure to then use talent as he wishes, even if it is to just humiliate them. They are exposed to a drug culture that claimed many superstars, including Eddie Guerrero, and possibly, Chris Benoit and his family, but you are tempted to use, because you don't get pushed unless you look "big".

But then, they have to be talked about badly by ungrateful shits like Mark Madden, who was a fat, crap commentator turned fat, crap columnist, and the IWC, many of who don't know talent if it bit them, because today's stars are like the wife-beater (which, if you had any respect for women, you would have less respect for Austin because of that), and the guy who sold out for movies (who, by the way, the fans booed when he quit for movies, only for them to then hypocritically drool over him at WM27).

So, yes, I feel sorry for the divas. I feel sorry that they aren't given more time in matches. They are thrown in the ring long before they are trained, risking injury, have to keep their weight down, (I read that eating disorders with divas is as prominent as steroid abuse is with the guys. Michelle McCool was one case of this), to try to please a paying audience who can't be pleased anymore.

I'm the C.M. Punk of the internet. This keyboard, in most people's hands, is just a way to type text onto a screen. In my hands, it's a pipebomb!

i laughed so hard at ur im the cm punk of the internet comment. u were just waiting to say it werent u. pathetic.

fact is. they choose the lifestyle. and nobody wants to be the best for the fans. they want to be the best to be the best among their peers. thats what drives them to use steroids and stuff like that. and if u actually read the IWC's comments they would actually agree with everything u said. read the comments these days. rock and scsa should just leave and never come back. they're time is over. push this guy push that guy. dont push this guy dont push that guy. give ryder a chance (and hes gotten that) cena is the best he works so hard. miz is being made to look weak. please stop your whining.

thats what u did in ur post. just like the IWC. u whined. just like cm punk whined except his whining was pretty entertaining.

back on topic. this time is different than 5 - 10 years ago when divas like trish stratus, lita, victoria and mickie james were heading the division. did u know kelly kelly joined the wwe when she was 19. FUCKING 19. and she was made to do exposes and stripteases and make goo goo eyes to guys like balls mahoney WHEN SHE HAD BEEN AN ADULT FOR ONLY 1 YEAR. she couldnt do that throughout her so many years could she. for the sake of the division they trained her and put her in the ring when she was halfway decent. i feel bad that they push girls like kelly kelly and brie bella when u have wrestlers like beth, natalya and to an extent maryse who actually look good and can wrestle. bad booking with not fully trained divas combined really makes the divas division look like crap. so yea i do feel sorry for them because they get little crowd reaction. not because they dont do enough but because the times have changed. back in the day u had torrie wilson and candice michelle stripping to almost nothing. u had dancing anyone remember extreme expose. bra and panties, lingerie and god knows what else matches. these matches kept the crowd entertained but obviously with the new ratings and everything u cant have them. at the same time u had wrestlers like trish lita victoria mickie james, jazz and halfway decent like candice michelle and torrie wilson.

i miss the old days but i accept that they are gone and arent coming back

Yes, it's the lack of storylines that have kept the divas off people's radars. I don't know whether it's indifference or laziness on the part of WWE's creative team, but they've long since stopped writing scripts for the girls. Instead, they've had the girls all in a chase for the title belt. There's no rhyme or reason to the chase and it's a fact that all the divas are taking a turn at wearing it, which ultimately accomplishes nothing.

All of this reminds me of professional boxing. The industry decided that fans wanted to see only championship matches, so the sport started creating new sanctioning organizations and new titles within those organizations so that every televised fight could be for a "world" title. Despite the fact that the popularity of televised boxing matches declined because of the watered down status of their title belts, WWE had apparently decided to go with the same formula for the divas. They have no reason to fight except for the chance to win the championship. No storylines, no purpose. Boring.

But after last night, maybe there's some hope. Beth Phoenix and Eve actually got a few minutes to work their match instead of WWE just allowing them to hit a few cheap spots and get out of there. Plainly, the intention is to have Beth "invigorate" the division.....and possibly to have Natalya do the same thing on Smackdown. If this is so, it's a great thing.

A few months ago, the divas division finally seemed to have a direction, with the coming of Kharma. When that misfired, Creative seemed to be in a funk as to what to do with them next.

Now, they might have figured it out. :)

If there's one diva/ female wrestler I feel really bad about, it's Katie lea a.k.a Winter in TNA. She was a total package, beautiful, good on mic, good wrestler (Watch her OVW matches if you think otherwise) and has a awesome accent. It was sad to see her not win the title but even sadder to see her be underused and then released.
Despite the fact that Kelly Kelly is hot, I personally don't like her one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back