• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Even Tag Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Has there ever been a tag team where both wrestlers are equal? Same star power, same charisma, same work ethic etc.

It appears to me as though each tag team always has a member that is either the leader or who you expect to get a singles push. Obviously I'm not talking about the likes of The Bushwackers and so on. Because those are tag teams that would never get a serious push. I'm on about The Dudleyz, Hardys, E & C, AMW and more.

I really can't think of a big name tag team where both wrestlers have been portrayed as equals. Edge was always the leader, the one you would expect to get a decent singles push at some point. Jeff Hardy was always supposed to be the star. Bubbah was always the main talker of the group.

Anybody?

In my opinion Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannety, when they were a tag-team they were pretty even. You couldn't really tell a leader in that tag-team. Currently I'd have to pick the Briscoe Brothers from ROH. I don't watch ROH alot, but from what I've seen they are copable of pulling off the same moves, are pretty even in charisma. There is really no clear leader.

At their prime as a team, The Brothers of Destruction were fairly even. Undertaker did more talking, but both men were just as intimidating as the other. When someone had to fight either Kane or Undertaker, fans never said "he drew the weak link."

The APA. JBL had not won a major singles title yet, and Farooq was YEARS removed from the WCW Championship heyday. But both men were intimidating. And you couldn't hold a gun to my head and make me choose between Farooq's spine buster and JBL's clothesline.

Strike Force. Both Tito Santana and Rick Martel were fairly on each other's level. Their feuds were evenly matched and they enjoyed similar success at a singles level. I think WWE wanted to do with them what was done with Edge & Christian and The Rockers.

London and Kendrick seem to be pretty even as a tag team. Both men play both roles in the team(savior and damsel in distress) and are both very talented. Paul looks like he should get a singles push, but neither is pushed like that.

I think my vote would have to go to the Eliminators from ECW. Those matches back in ECW's heyday were very exciting. Their feud with the Gangstas=classic. When I would watch them hit the Total Elimination, I would cringe and mark out at the same time. Perry Saturn and John Kronus back in the day were a force to be reckoned with.

the Road Warriors back in the '80s for sure...i mean, they both regularly got shots at Ric Flair's title...they were both monsters

AMW. We have seen that in the Texas Death Match. Not so much right now, but before I'd say they were seperated they were like a man and his shadow.

The Basham Bros are also exactly identical in every aspect as well.

i would have to diagree with you jake. saying that jeff was meant to be the star. i always thought that matt hardy was the leader. the group holder. he kept the hardyz together. yes jeff seen to get more of the crowd but i found jeff to be the christain of the E & C. but i found back then ( well right up to after the royal rumble that they where both equal.)
the matt just blitzed and dominated while jeff was chillin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back