Evan Bourne's Return

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Just looking through the Main Boards, for the first time in a long time (never felt the need to log off and go back). There is a Thread there by Kofi Orton, who wondered why there wasn't any Threads about Evan Bourne's return. Well, truthfully, the return wasn't great at all. I would've much preferred to see Bourne come back as a complete surprise, much like Christian at EC. Maybe, instead of wasting Bryan at the end of Raw, you give Sheamus a match against Daniel Bryan, where Bryan manages to pull a win out of nowhere. Sheamus goes all Irish Psycho on him, beating him to a pulp, when Bourne comes out to make the save, with Sheamus running away eventually. That way, you have Bourne back, as an obvious face, helping out Bryan, where, eventually, he could then feud with him over the Title, as a possible friend feud, which could be interesting.

However, the way it all happened on Monday just didn't cut it for me. The fact we had just been treated to Triple H beating the shit out of Sheamus, putting him down on the Announcer's Table with a Pedigree was overwhelming to the Crowd and possibly to most viewers. They most definitely weren't expecting it, but it happened. Then, after an Ad Break the GM chimes in to tell us that Sheamus had a scheduled match and he still has to fight... against this man. Now, I was actually expecting Mark Henry or Daniel Bryan. But once Justin Roberts came out with the "Making his return" thing, I knew it was Bourne. Well, it wasn't gonna be anyone else was it? Unless they were gonna throw some sort of surprise, like Batista. But yeah, if they hadn't said "Making his return", I might have been the slightest bit more interested in the fact it was Bourne coming back. Also, the match didn't show Bourne off well enough for a return. Yeah, he won, but he hit a Dropkick, a botched flying kick and Air Bourne. Well, that was interesting.

I say that the "Making his return" bit made it too obvious, but at the same time, if Justin Robert hadn't said that, would anyone have realised that Bourne was returning? Would they just have gone, "Oh look, Bourne's here. He's not been around a while." Would they have realised that he was injured, or just thought he wasn't that important? I think that's what they would've said.

Basically, I think they could've handled his return the slightest bit better than they did. Give him a proper return and so on and so forth. But what's done is done and so be it. What's next for Evan? I'm not sure. The possibility of watching get buried is high I suppose, although with his win over Sheamus, I see a possible U.S Title feud, possibly even winning it. But I say once the Draft happens, get him over to Smackdown in a more interesting feud with Kingston, maybe even Ziggler/Mysterio/Sin Cara for the I.C Title. Could be interesting indeed.

i disagree the burial thing is not high since november wwe's been marketing him as a face of raw from wwe mag to promoting raw in brazille, he even said on wwe.com that he will get back and cm punk and nexus doing your (bleep) research

He's unlikely to be involved in anything at mania unless there is a MITB match going on because there simply isn't enough time to generate anything for him, well there is kinda, just not enough for anything mania worthy. So that's where I can see him be headed in that eventuality, should MITB not be on this year I don't think he'll be on the card. though.

I didn't like his return full stop. He return and defeats someone who just got one of the worst beat downs in recent memory? How does that look good for either guy, it simply doesn't! It's a shame they decided to make things pan out like that but for the immediate future, for the coming year I don't see him going anywhere important. Maybe as a contender for a mid-card title? Just nothing too impressive.

There we go. For anyone who couldn't be bothered to read my long post, Horace summed it up in two very short paragraphs.

He's unlikely to be involved in anything at mania unless there is a MITB match going on because there simply isn't enough time to generate anything for him, well there is kinda, just not enough for anything mania worthy. So that's where I can see him be headed in that eventuality, should MITB not be on this year I don't think he'll be on the card. though.
That's why The MITB was such a good fit for Mania. no need for a fued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back