Euro 2012 - Day 9

22098504.jpg

"30 - Both sides to have had 30+ shots in Euro2012 matches have failed to score (Russia 31 vs Greece, Netherlands 32 vs Denmark)."

31 shots and they couldn't score. After their demolition in the first match?

Not too bothered by Greece as they'll likely wind up agaisnt the Germans, but the Czech's as winners...this disgruntles me somewhat...come on Holland. Batter Portugal, go throguh and conquer the Czech bastards.

Group A - Game 17
Final Score
23s7vcw.gif
1-0
2whgy9l.gif

Jiracek 72

Group A - Game 18
Final Score
23w1pfn.gif
1-0
hufty8.gif

Karagounis 45

23s7vcw.gif

&
23w1pfn.gif

qualify from Group A

How does the tables work? Don't Russia have a higher goal difference?

How does the tables work? Don't Russia have a higher goal difference?

Tie-breaking criteria
If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (according to paragraphs 8.07 and 8.08 of the regulations, and amendment to 8.07 adopted by the UEFA Executive Committee):[40][41]
Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;

Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);

Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);

If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3 to more than two teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine the final rankings of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 10 apply in the order given;

Superior goal difference in all group matches;

Higher number of goals scored in all group matches;

If two teams which are tied in all criteria 1 to 6 play their last group match against each other (i.e., the result is a draw and the two teams have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored), and provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points, the ranking of the two teams in question is determined by penalty shoot-out. Otherwise, criteria 8 to 10 apply in the order given;

Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system;

Fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);

Drawing of lots.

Given that head to heads are prioritised, how on earth are the Netherlands meant to qualify tomorrow? If they've already lost to Denmark then surely it's impossible to overtake them?

Given that head to heads are prioritised, how on earth are the Netherlands meant to qualify tomorrow? If they've already lost to Denmark then surely it's impossible to overtake them?

If it's between 3 teams and the head to head between them are the same then it goes to GD in those games, I think.

That's fucking stupid, why bothering having goal difference then?

Should the Dutch and Germans win then the Netherlands, Denmark and Portugal will be tied on 3 points, having each beaten one of the others. Therefore, it goes to goal difference.

The Dutch then have to win by two clear goals to eliminate the Portuguese and Danes on GD, provided that the Germans win.

It'll be like if both us (England) and France win on Tuesday, we drew against each other so I assume it'll be goal difference that decides there, as head to head is out of the equation

aye, what was said in the post above mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back