• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Young

Joshua

Pre-Show Stalwart
Was flipping through the other night and saw good old Eric Young's back stage segment with Matt Morgan. I'm just a casual fan so I haven't watched since EY's days with Magnus and Williams. He is obviously using some sort of "insane" gimmick and the little bit that I have watched was very entertaining.

Kinda' wondering though, why does EY carry two belts? He is the current TNA TV Champ from what he was saying but what's with the other belt? Looks like the old Global Championship (Legends it was called for a bit I think) but why is he carrying it? Just wondering what the back story on that was and what is EY's association with Morgan?

Was flipping through the other night and saw good old Eric Young's back stage segment with Matt Morgan. I'm just a casual fan so I haven't watched since EY's days with Magnus and Williams. He is obviously using some sort of "insane" gimmick and the little bit that I have watched was very entertaining.

Kinda' wondering though, why does EY carry two belts? He is the current TNA TV Champ from what he was saying but what's with the other belt? Looks like the old Global Championship (Legends it was called for a bit I think) but why is he carrying it? Just wondering what the back story on that was and what is EY's association with Morgan?

The legends title is the TV title, the other belt is the old TNA whc title belt that Hogan threw in the trash after they created the title belt for Jeff Hardy after Bound For Glory last year.

He doesn't have any association with Morgan he was just offering him a shot at the TV title, which Morgan didn't want because he wants to go after the world title.

I think, if I'm not mistaken, the Legends belt is actually the TV title and the other belt is the old TNA championship belt. Now there's really no association between him and Morgan, he was just looking for that next contender and he was going for Morgan.

That was a funny damn skit, and his "win" he picked up was funny as hell as well. I would say you can consider him TNA's Santino as he's been this nutcase for weeks now.

Thanks guys. I am a WWE fan and don't catch TNA often but enjoyed the little bit I saw the other night. Did he defend that night or no?

He defeated an interviewer backstage who allegedly has reality TV exposure (I don't have a clue who the guy is :shrug:). I may be mistaken but I think it was, quite possibly, a rib on a certain 'must see' former WWe Champion with a past career in reality TV.

He defeated an interviewer backstage who allegedly has reality TV exposure (I don't have a clue who the guy is :shrug:). I may be mistaken but I think it was, quite possibly, a rib on a certain 'must see' former WWe Champion with a past career in reality TV.

Hes not a reality star, he played Wayne Arnold in The Wonder Years.

He wanted to wrestle Morgan because Morgan was on American Gladiators, and that made him a 'TV star', eligible in EY's mind to contend for the TV Title. Morgan suggested he find TNA producer Jason Hervey, as he had 'sitcom experience' from The Wonder Years. He's playing this WAY over the top in my mind, but his insanity has it's entertaining moments.

The guy he defeated was Jason Hervey, a producer of TNA. He's Bishoff's business partner in Bishoff/Hervey Productions, which produced a few reality shows.

Like others said, Young has the TV title, which was the legends and global championship, which he won from gunner. The other title was the first TNA championship which was thrown in the trash after Hogan presented Hardy with that purple piece of crap. The idea is similar to the WCW TV title when scott hall threw it away and Jim Duggan took it out of the trash and started to carry it around.

TNA has really improved over the last two months, the improvement really started when Eric Bischoff became Executive Producer. You should really check it out, maybe look at Sting/Hogan segment from last week, that was intense. Sting is turning into The Joker.

Eric Young's character is unpredictable. He threw Gunner over the top in a Battle Royal and jumped over the top himself proclaiming to be the new tv champ. He was wearing a pink t-shirt at one point that said "I Love Tag Teaming" (Take it however you want). Then the whole Morgan/Hervey thing with Austin Aries looking confused and counting three was funny.

eric young is the tv champion which was formally the global and legends title (which reminds me atleast this name has stuck for awhile) and the other title he has is the old TNA Championship he thinks hes a double champion but i loved the segement when he "defended the tv title" against the interviewer (not sure who it is?) and austin aries looked confused and counted the 3 it was funny shit i always liked EY but this comedy gimmick he has done great with IMO hes basically their verison of santino but hes funnier then santino ever was! hes always a entertaining part of the show even when impact sucks that week theirs always the highlight of EY and usually velvet sky letting the pigeons loose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back