• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Young - Leader of the World Elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gribbler

Gribble me this, Gribble me that...
Without a doubt a talented performer and someone who on the mic (despite his really annoying voice) I actually enjoy. But in the ring this guy has been made to look weak and as of late I have trouble buying him as a leader.

And by extension of this I have trouble buying the WE.

Now don't get me wrong, booked right the kid has alot of potential.

But when was the last time EY got into the ring and you thought there was a chance that he could win outright?

I didn't think there was a chance when he was a face, I don't now that he is a heel, he essentially has his clock cleaned with little to no offense every week. Not to mention the fact that the stable that he claims is the strongest collaboration of non American talent, is jobbed out in threes to Hernandez.

I know they are trying to make Eric Young look like the clever, scheming type, but to me, he is really just coming off as weak.

Most leaders in wrestling have some credibility behind them before they start. I thought when EY was given the leadership role of the world elite, he would use that to build the credibility he didn't have when he joined...but alas this has not happened.

Really, what does the guy bring to the stable? He so far hasn't orchestrated anything that I wouldn't believe the others could have done without him...

I digress because I seem to be rambling.

But what do you all think, is this just a short term thing before a big push for EY or is this doomed to failure?

Could the world elite rule TNA like the Mafia...

Or will this be another eyeroll from the WWE faithful who can't believe TNA stuffed up again.

Just My Opinion.

It looks to me that you just answered your own question. You're a WWE faithful and the WWE mark in you will let you roll your eyes at anything TNA because you don't want to believe that if it's not WWE, it can't be done correctly.

So far, TNA is focused on the character development part of EY which is what he needed badly. His character has been completely overhauled for the better. He won the championship in a clever way which goes hand in hand in how he's presented on a weekly basis. Building his character is far more important than the wrestling imo. His development as a wrestler can come at a later time. WWE has used the same approach in the past with building a guy's personality first before letting them show off their inring ablility.

I love Eric Young's new character, but that is a major flaw. If he's supposed to someday become the Main Event heel, they need to at least make him look like he stands a chance. He's supposed to lead the top group of wrestler's in the company yet Homicide, an X Division guy, seems to stand more of a chance against guys like Hernandez and Bobby Lashley. Thats not right. I understand that at the No Surrender PPV he said he wasn't gonna fight back, but that just came of as dumb. EY needs to start racking up wins in a cold, calculative manner or else his push will be for nothing. I would suggest a cold calculative ring style, where he targets an opponents weak spots and does anything possible to injure said opponent. Like Randy Orton did back in the Spring-Summer of 2007.

It looks to me that you just answered your own question. You're a WWE faithful and the WWE mark in you will let you roll your eyes at anything TNA because you don't want to believe that if it's not WWE, it can't be done correctly.

So far, TNA is focused on the character development part of EY which is what he needed badly. His character has been completely overhauled for the better. He won the championship in a clever way which goes hand in hand in how he's presented on a weekly basis. Building his character is far more important than the wrestling imo. His development as a wrestler can come at a later time. WWE has used the same approach in the past with building a guy's personality first before letting them show off their inring ablility.

Didn't say that I was rolling my eyes, although I'm close, I am actually a bigger TNA fan than WWE these days. It's a fresher product, but I don't feel this is being handled correctly.

A leader of a major stable NEEDS ring credibility. Not just a character. How can I take a guy seriously at all as a cold calculating leader when he can't even chalk up a serious victory?

Oh he outsmarted Kevin Nash, step in the right direction...after having 1/2 his stable job to Hernandez...in one match...

Just some logic would be nice...

Just My Opinion

P.S. Im watching TNA, isnt that some sign that I am not entirely happy with the way the WWE is handling things...

We just have to wait to see how this will unfold. EY just got the title back at BFG, which wasn't too long ago. I questioned if EY would be able to pull off being a good heel at first, but he's managed to do one hell of a job so far. I don't think WE will get pushed liked the Mafia because everyone in the Mafia were already well established wrestlers in the buisness, while the WE is mostly made up of fresh faces. EY won't be doomed for failure. He's already in the middle of a big push right now, and he's handling it well.

eric young is a huge loser that needs to be fired by TNA,I don't even know why TNA is pushing him.Everytime he talks,I feel like shooting myself,his voice is so annoying and no one can take him seriously,everytime I see him on TNA,I change the channel

TNA FIRE ERIC YOUNG!!!

Honestly, I think that Eric Young is the best heel in TNA at this moment. He is one of very few things that TNA has done right since Russo took over. They are making his character believable. I would never buy Eric Young beating Hernandez on his own. I would never buy him beating Kevin Nash on his own. So to be honest I don't see nothing wrong in him losing in a squash match just to come up with something clever to get back at his foes the next week. It makes for good TV. And him winning the Legends championship only adds credibility to what TNA is doing with him. Yeah, he can't beat Hernandez. He can't beat Nash. But he can outsmart both of them and win that way. It is a very good story telling and as I said it creates good TV.

A leader of a major stable NEEDS ring credibility. Not just a character. How can I take a guy seriously at all as a cold calculating leader when he can't even chalk up a serious victory?

I agree. I've enjoyed EY's promos for the most part. I've heard them time and time again in the past from other anti-American wrestlers or factions, but he's done them well. As a character, I like the way he's gone. As far as him actually being in the ring wrestling matches, not so much. With every match he's been in since the formation of the WE, he's gotten creamed. Like the cowardly heel character, I could take Young a little more seriously as the leader of the top faction in TNA if TNA booked him to win a few matches here and there. I'm not saying everytime or even clean for that matter. Pull the tights, use a foreign object, hold onto the ropes, distract the ref and have Bashir or Kyoshi hit the guy with a steel chair. Whatever.

What I love about EY's heel character is his confidence. Look at some history; here is a guy that was mainly used as either the jokey heel or the uuber babyface with no real push. Basically he was always put into positions where his character would never progress further than where it was at that very moment.

But when you look at him now you'd never guess he was the same guy. He speaks strong, his facial expressions are amazing, he performs very solid and draws heat to boot. When I look at him now I'd never guess this was the same guy falling over from being scared by pyro. He commands the camera when he takes stage and doesn't falter with the direction of his character. He knows what needs to be done and he executes very well. I personally think that he looks strong as a leader and at the same time looks slimey like a heel should.

I think if we all give it some time and watch it play out the World Elite is going to be built up very nicely. They slowly had to zone out the MEM in order to make room for the W.E. to come in strong at the right time and I think if they keep a good focus on the end result of where they eventually want the characters and the faction to go it can really be a great run.

There is just something about Eric Young, probably his ridiculous voice that says to me that he just isn't quite right. I think he's the right man to lead the World Elite, but I'm not sure they should really exist. A stable should be the vehicle for a main eventer or uppermidcarder and nobody within that stable is either of those things. Young certainly needed a shot in the arm, but I think this may be too much too fast and will end up overwhelming him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back