• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eric Young Heading To LA

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
For those keeping track of Impact and saw the PPV, EY got an RV and has said he would head to "L.A." in search of TV stars to face. While it saddens me that he's not defending the title on TV or on and active feud, one has to keep in mind that in pro wrestling the ends justify the means. So I gotta ask, where is EY going with this whole road trip thing? Is this gonna lead to vignettes involving actual celebrities? Is this setting up for a wrestler to face him? Austin Aries? I'd say he'd be a cool choice. Just thinking of his "Austin Starr" days. But this one really is a headscratcher though.

i honestly have no idea but so far this storyline sounds pretty lame to this point but hey im willing to give it a chance :shrug: sadly i have a feeling its gonna be really horrible and stupid and end up going nowhere or ending with someone new getting a big push and taking the title off EY :disappointed: well see what happens though

I do not see any reason to assume that Eric will not be defending the title. When a wrestler goes somewhere to film vignettes, it does not automatically mean he will not wrestle. These things tend to keep a guy out of competition for a week or two, but no more than that. Remember when Jericho went to Washington to get his wow cruiserweight belt back? I think he was gone for half a month at most.

I do not have high hopes for this angle, but they may well prove me wrong. EY is a talented wrestler and comedic talent as well. This could be a great opportunity to do crossover promotions, or at least bring out some past television stars for some really funny scenes.

Hell, he was saying at destination x that Danny bonaduce was supposed to be his partner but stood him up. this could lead to really funny stuff all by itself.

Give Eric some faith. He is talented and a hard worker. He deserves a bit of patience on our parts.

I wouldn't mind seeing them use the TV title as a way to regularly involve "celebrities" in prowrestling. They are not doing anything else with it and that would give it an entertaining purpose even if the "purists" would cringe at the idea. I doubt that is what they are doing here though. They are probably just going to film some funny stuff possibly involving celebrities and maybe the end game is one match involving a celebrity of some sort. I wonder if anything ever came of that idea Foley and Kevin Smith discussed about having EY face Jason Mewes for charity?

I honestly do not care in the slightest. EY isn't funny to me, just annoying.

This charade reminds me of that time he travelled.....somewhere in the US.....to find Elvis to prove he was still alive. Ugh!

I'll try and keep an open mind and see where this goes in terms of celebrity promos/interaction, and possible matches (hopefully not very far, but nevertheless)....

I love Eric Young lately. They're using him as a comedy character but showing that he has wrestling ability too, something I love.

I hope he goes to Hollywood and finds some stupid celebrities to beat. Like he finds Lou Furigno and gets his ass kicked but doesn't give-up, or he finds David Arquette, beats him and then runs around claiming he beat a former World Heavyweight Champion.

And maybe some people have missed this but it was pointed out that Eric Young isn't going to shave his beard until he gets a TNA World Heavyweight title shot, which I think is actually a pretty funny storyline.

You have to love Eric Young, if you don't you need to stop looking at things in such a serious manner.

I hope he goes to Hollywood and finds some stupid celebrities to beat. Like he finds Lou Furigno and gets his ass kicked but doesn't give-up, or he finds David Arquette, beats him and then runs around claiming he beat a former World Heavyweight Champion.

He should claim he beat a former WWE champion since they still use the title and own WCW now. That will get a lot of people saying WTF this guy was a WWE champion?

Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling Season 2! laugh but don't rule out that the people from that show will be the ones EY finds. just what tna needs - washed up former celebs who need the exposure more than tna does. a lot of people were worried when the legends title became the global title and then the tv title. they should just rename it the EY title since he is the only person to hold every version of it and start fresh with something else - North American title, US title, anything other than tv title.

I also enjoy Eric Young.. theres a guy that can get it done in the ring.. but the company doesn't seem to take him seriously... and he plays that well as well.

I'm interested in seeing what kind of adventure Eric Young will lead us on as he goes to hollywood. *eats shrooms*.. I'm ready...

I was listening to a podcast today that was taped at the Buffalo basebrawl and EY said that he could promise he would be fighting celebrities for sure within the next month. I am intrigued and ready to laugh.

I love EY he is fun and entertaining to watch comedy wise, and can put on a good serious match if he needs to. EY going to Hollywood can mean only one thing that punk Scott Baio better watch is ass!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back