• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Enticing Network Renewals

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
So the word on the street is HHH vs Reigns might be in September at NoC instead of Summerslam as That is the first PPV after the first 6 months. That got me thinking, what else could they do to stack that show? More outside the box, the better. I thought of 2... 1 that is very possible and 1 that is a pipe dream but I don't think is 100% impossible.

With about 7-8 weeks after the PPV that 2k15 comes out and rumors Sting and WCW playing a big part I'd love to see appearances by WCW guys from the hot period, they used legends a lot in the firstv2 NoC, it might be fun to try again. Hall, Nash, Flair, Goldberg (heck even Bishoff and Russo as a one off. With guys like Rey, Hogan, Dusty, Malenko, Kidman Arn all currently employed by WWE it shouldn't be hard. Then have the first live appearance of Sting. Give then 10 minutes to plug the game and have a reunion of sorts.

Now the wishful thinking idea. With all the silence in Punks leaving I still get the impression that he is at least on good terms with Vince. So see of you can get him to tape and interview explaining why he left, thank his fans and drop the "never say never" cliche so the internet can flip the F out.

What do you guys think they could do?

wwe could put up a lot more classic tv, they only have 3 raws from 1998, 3 from 1999, no tv earlier than 1993.no wcw tv at all. wwe put more effort on the classics on demand than they do with the network. wheres nitro? where is superstars of wrestling? wheres prime time? if wwe wants more viewers put up more content. the wwe had plenty of time before the launch to get all those shows on the network

Looking at the special attractions the WWE have, there aren't many options. Brock is almost a given but he can't do it himself. There is more chance of me lacing up a pair of boots than The Rock appearing at Night of Champions and I won't even entertain the notion that Punk might return.

In my mind there are two, somewhat realistic possibilities. Taker and Sting. Taker is probably resting and might be too hurt to wrestle again but I'd like to thing he is a tough guy and his schedule is pretty good. Maybe he could get back into shape and have a match. Something with Bray Wyatt could be cool and this could be his final run before retiring.

Sting has almost certainly signed for the WWE. It's just a matter of time before he appears and just after Summerslam seems like a good time to me. He could wrestle pretty much anyone as long as they start building for him v Taker.

Other than Taker/Sting, I reckon all they can do is put on well-rounded, entertaining wrestling shows. Sounds simple but there are few options other than Brock and HHH but even they aren't going to convince the majority as well as (presumably) people from the UK.

loading a ppv is NOT going to get new subscribers to the network. if i didnt get the network for free i would simply download the ppvs, which are a lot easier to find now. what is going to get subscribers is the content on the network itself. i see the new ppvs as a bonus. what the wwe needs to do is put up a lot of tv to entice the fans that quit watching for whatever reason. i know fans from the 80s that would love to see the tv from that era, be it wwf or nwa. i know attitude fans that would buy the network if it had wwf raw and nitro from the 90s. (in fact that was the first question i was asked after i got the network)

Not trying to be a jerk but if your stance is you aren't going to pay no matter what, then no, nothing would entice you to re-up would it? As a fan/subscriber, if I can't watch it live, I won't watch normally. So a big 7th ppv might sway me to stay if I was 50-50.

wwe could put up a lot more classic tv, they only have 3 raws from 1998, 3 from 1999, no tv earlier than 1993.no wcw tv at all. wwe put more effort on the classics on demand than they do with the network. wheres nitro? where is superstars of wrestling? wheres prime time? if wwe wants more viewers put up more content. the wwe had plenty of time before the launch to get all those shows on the network

This is exactly what WWE is doing to get renewals. If they put everything up right away people would have binge watched what they wanted and be done. If you want Attitude era Raws and Nitros you need to renew that subscription. They're coming.

This is exactly what WWE is doing to get renewals. If they put everything up right away people would have binge watched what they wanted and be done. If you want Attitude era Raws and Nitros you need to renew that subscription. They're coming.

thats the problem, none of thatr tv is up, maybe ill subscribe again before mania next year, but doubt ill extend my subscription. putting only 3 eps of 1999 raw is just a tease. wwe has so much programming and tape librarys that binge watching shouldn't matter. wwe only puts up one or two eps of raw a week, by the time they get to 1999 itll be 2016

Not trying to be a jerk but if your stance is you aren't going to pay no matter what, then no, nothing would entice you to re-up would it? As a fan/subscriber, if I can't watch it live, I won't watch normally. So a big 7th ppv might sway me to stay if I was 50-50.

i dont have the option to buy the ppvs anymore so i cant pay if i dont have the network

There is literally thousands and thousands of hours still untouched.. They just put on a few episodes of SNME,they havent even gone through the whole library of that.. You have no Nitros,Thunders,or even Sunday Night Heat.. They could easily put the Documentaries with all the matches included..

There is hardly any Attitude Raws at all! I mean those were the best times,I will be a lifetime subscriber,i cherish all those memories! I cant wait even for the Old Superstars of wrestling to come to the network.. Could someone please tell me what that show was called before Raw even came on the air?? I miss that one as well

It is ten dollars I consider it great to have even as a casual fan who doesnt' always watch. If you are a pro wrestling fan at all why wouldn't you pay 10 dollars a month.

There is literally thousands and thousands of hours still untouched.. They just put on a few episodes of SNME,they havent even gone through the whole library of that.. You have no Nitros,Thunders,or even Sunday Night Heat.. They could easily put the Documentaries with all the matches included..

There is hardly any Attitude Raws at all! I mean those were the best times,I will be a lifetime subscriber,i cherish all those memories! I cant wait even for the Old Superstars of wrestling to come to the network.. Could someone please tell me what that show was called before Raw even came on the air?? I miss that one as well

I totally agree. They are running it like a standard network. Once it airs on the station it's added to the vault. If it was all up at once you'd have nothing to anticipate.

But I'm sure there are plenty of threads about that. I'd love to hear what you guys would like to see them at NoC outside of the possibility of HHH vs Reigns.

I totally agree. They are running it like a standard network. Once it airs on the station it's added to the vault. If it was all up at once you'd have nothing to anticipate.

But I'm sure there are plenty of threads about that. I'd love to hear what you guys would like to see them at NoC outside of the possibility of HHH vs Reigns.

thats where the new programming comes in handy. with the new monday night wars show itd be nice to go back and watch the raws and nirtos of that era. i didn't get the network to anticipate, i got it to watch the stuff. why do i need to anticipate tv shows that aired 10, 15 plus years ago? wwe alone has a big enough library that even if you did binge watch, you couldnt watch all the shows in 6 months

NOC WILL BE BIG
REIGNS VS HHH IS A GIVEN HOW ABOUT
BROCK VS CESARO FOR TITLE (cesaro can get pissed at Paul for always mentioning the ending of the streak when it's his time to shine and split from Paul )
The debut of sting at NOC will basically do it

I'm not sure how long Daniel Bryan will be out but if he's healthy enough to compete at NOC it would definitely help it be a draw. Batista is also expected to return in the near future as well so why not have Batista vs Daniel Bryan at NOC. Batista could cut a promo saying Daniel Bryan stole his spotlight at WM 30 and is a 150 lbs wannabe. The ground work has already been laid for this match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back