• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

English football

The Todd

Championship Contender
As if the last two years weren't good enough (2007 three English teams in the semi-finals of the Champions League, 2008 same again but an all English final this time) England has shown they rule Europe once again this year.

Liverpool win IN the Bernabeu then thrash Real Madrid 4-0 at Anfield.
Manchester United outplay Inter in the San Siro and are unfortunate to draw, before beating them 2-0 at Old Trafford whilst playing poorly.
Chelsea were poor in both legs yet saw off Juventus 3-2 over the two legs.
Arsenal were incredibly poor yet knocked out Roma on penalties.

If the English sides can be poor and knock out Italy's finest, what does that tell us?

If the English sides do not draw each other in the quarter final, there is a very good chance it will be an all English quarter finals. Barca are good, but they are only narrowly beter than Real and look what happened to them. Bayern may have thrashed Sporting but how will they cope with our teams?
Villarreal? Bogey team for United, but the others will have no problems.
Porto? They were only good under Mourinho, they will be the side EVERYONE wants in the draw.

So is this another year of domination by the English sides?

Of course it is. The English clubs have dominated Europe's top club competition for years now. This year has just further enhanced that. If all the English clubs manage to avoid eachother in the quarter finals then I would bet a lot of money that we make it an all English semi-finals. Sepp Blatter doesn't want it to happen, but it will. We're miles ahead.

England is where the money is. Backtrack a couple of years to when Chelsea weren't owned by Abramovich, Liverpool weren't owned by Hicks & Gillett and United weren't owned by the Glaziers and English teams would struggle to make it past the quarter-finals of the Champions League I feel we are only there as England is where the money is. Backtrack a couple of years to when Chelsea weren't owned by Abramovich, Liverpool weren't owned by Hicks & Gillett and United weren't owned by the Glaziers and English teams would struggle to make it past the quarter-finals of the Champions League

So we have the possibility of yet another three English teams and Barca semi-final line up.

Liverpool vs Chelsea is always good, I think Liverpool will take them over the two legs

Barca vs Bayern should be a classic, and really could go either way.

United vs Porto should be easy for United, but only if they sort out there recent poor form (lucky against Inter, then battered by scousers)

Arsenal vs Villarreal will be tight, VIllarreal are a good side, but Arsenal should be able to go past them.

This would leave us with Liverpool vs Barca/Bayern and United vs Arsenal.

United vs Arsenal? If that is the semi final and the FA cup final, neutrals everywhere are in for a hell of a treat.

The CL draw was awesome. United are going to beat Porto without a doubt. We're just too strong for them both home and away, and I can easily see us in the semis now. Arsenal vs Villareal is fine for Arsenal too. They're going to beat them home, and most probably draw away which is fine as they'll go through easily. United vs Arsenal in the semi? Fucking get in!

Barcelona vs Bayern is going to be a fantastic match. I'm tipping Bayern to go through as I think at home, they're going to be too strong a unit for Barcelona to break down. Chelsea vs Liverpool? Chelsea will win, under Guus they're too strong. But for the love of god, this thing is rigged. I'm fed up of this match..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back