• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

End Zone Celebrations

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
You can all thank Shocky for giving me the inspiration to this one. He mentioned the Bengals playing the "Dirty Birds" next week, and I knew this discussion needed to be had.

While the Dirty Bird is sorely missed (at least by me), it's not my favorite. Or even close. That's reserved for the Ickey Shuffle. It was one of the first, and set the bar for all touchdown dances to follow. Pop media uses it all the time, and I mark each and every time.

I'll give a shout out to Madison Hedgecock's rowing thing he did last year after his first career TD. I'm not saying it was good. I just enjoyed laughing my balls off at it.

Ummmm, just a statement or a question or what...just busting balls, be thankful I have no powers anymore.

As far as endzone celebrations, I love them. You can thanks fuckers like TO for ruining it by taking them to far. The Sharpie to the disrespecting of the Dallas star ( I despise the Cowboys, but even I can't condone that), or hell, Stallworth hiding the Cell Phone in the goal post, just stuff that went beyond sportsmanship and all about the individual.

However, I am a big fan of what Ocho Cinco does. I know he rubs some people the wrong way, but Chad never has done anything that I have thought to be disrespectful. Yes jumping into the Dawg Pound or doing the Lambeau Leap may seem disrespectful, but he's only doing it because it's something he's wanted to do. How often does a player like chad play in Green Bay, once a career? Why not take advantage of it?

Ummmm, just a statement or a question or what...just busting balls, be thankful I have no powers anymore.

I said "this discussion needed to be had". In my excitement, I forgot to ask a question at the end.

As far as endzone celebrations, I love them. You can thanks fuckers like TO for ruining it by taking them to far. The Sharpie to the disrespecting of the Dallas star ( I despise the Cowboys, but even I can't condone that), or hell, Stallworth hiding the Cell Phone in the goal post, just stuff that went beyond sportsmanship and all about the individual.

It was Joe Horn that hid the cell phone, wasn't it? Either way, they were all pretty bad. Even if their fans thought they were funny, they'd still be likely to admit that they lacked class. They're the reason the rules restrict just about everything these days.

However, I am a big fan of what Ocho Cinco does. I know he rubs some people the wrong way, but Chad never has done anything that I have thought to be disrespectful. Yes jumping into the Dawg Pound or doing the Lambeau Leap may seem disrespectful, but he's only doing it because it's something he's wanted to do. How often does a player like chad play in Green Bay, once a career? Why not take advantage of it?

Agreed. Chad has a big mouth, but most of the time he can back it up. I think it earns him the right to do a little dance or have some fun after a TD. He hasn't disrespected anyone with his celebrations, and you can tell he's having fun with it.

The Lambeau leap that 85 did at Lambeau was a setup, he bought those bengal fans their tickets so he could jump there. He didn't have the guts to try to jump where the Packer fans were.

I'm a Packer fan by the way and had a cousin that played for the bengals. He was #69, he's the one that knocked Don Majkowski out of the game so that Bret Favre could play.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lambeau leap that 85 did at Lambeau was a setup, he bought those bengal fans their tickets so he could jump there. He didn't have the guts to try to jump where the Packer fans were.

I'm a Packer fan by the way and had a cousin that played for the bengals. He was #69, he's the one that knocked Don Majkowski out of the game so that Bret Favre could play.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I am a huge fan of Chad EightFive (OchoCinco), he provides great entertainment, and is a great receiver too (unlike TO is now).

I don't know if I am reading into your post too much, but you seem to be ripping Chad Ochocinco for the Lambeau Leap. I liked the OchoCinco Lambeau Leap. He had said numerous times that he wasn't doing it to be disrespectful, and he was just having fun, like he always does. I also praise him for his generosity. He GAVE a group of Bengals fans (and ironically 1 packer fan) front row tickets, and he paid for their trip too. I know he is also giving away tickets for every home game this year, as well as hotel, and airfare to lucky fans who win a contest that he started on his Twitter page. This is extremely generous of him, and shouldn't go unnoticed.

I also have to disagree with the notion that Chad OchoCinco doesn't have the "guts" to jump into a group of Packer fans. He was SMART not to jump into a horde of Packer fans. He knew that ANY home fans would shower him beer and other liquids (and maybe solid objects/fists that could hurt him), so he brought a group of HIS fans. Also, If you recall Ocho's Lambeau Leap, there was a (probably inebriated) Packer fan who was right there, and be blatantly flipped off the camera. Now his Lambeau Leap is slightly tarnished because of the obscene gesture. He was smart to minimize the chance of this happening, unfortunately it did though.

*note: this is not being disrespectful to Packer fans, rather a comment about NFL diehards, especially those who are inebriated*
---------------
Back to the topic of Endzone Celebrations in general, I love them. They provide lighthearted fun during a serious competition, that sometimes get TOO serious.

As you can tell, I love Chad Ochocinco, and as such love most of his celebrations (I wasn't as fond of the "Furure H.O.F. 20??" Hall of Fame Jacket celebration). However, my favorite pre-planned celebration is the Joe Horn Cellphone under the goalpost. When it comes to non-prop celebrations, I really like the LaDanian Tomlinson (not LT, that Lawrence Taylor) ball flip. However, the one celebration I love the most is the good old hand the ball to the ref, acting like you have been there before. Curtis Martin was one who did that with regularity, and he is one of the most underrated running backs of all time (and I'm a Jet fan, so Curtis Martin is the man).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back