• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

End RAW at different times

CCIV

Why not end Raw early and at different times 3 or 4 weeks in a row? The audience has been programmed for 15 plus years to be able to tune in and catch an over run. If I knew that a hockey game or football game was going to overtime and I wasn't a diehard of the two teams, instead a casual fan of the sport, I'd most likely tune in for just the exciting overtime. So why not screw with the casual wrestling fan and end the show early. Whenever the main event ends so does the show and If you didn't tune in in time the show might be over already. Just imagine a casual fan turning on the USA Network at 11:03pm EST and finding no RAW. Every one of those people would immediately be on their phones trying to find out what's going on. When they find out that the main event ended at 10:52pm they will want to know why and probably be pissed they missed it. Now hopefully you do it again and again and that casual fan starts tuning in earlier and more consistently.

That seems like it opens the door more to less fans.

I think the idea is good, if WWE enter a new era than maybe adjusting to a later time slot becomes the answer to a better product. Maybe even have the final match run 10-15mins ever 3rd week or so past its speculated broadcasting finish but it creates unpredictability, = more fans tuning in.

I like the idea, but it wont work....the way that contracts with USA work, they have to go to at least 11:00....it might make it seem more legitimate, but since they are a tv show and not a sport, the contracts for tv stations are for certain minimum amounts of time.

The old cliffhanger endings would be cool to bring back from time to time, teasing a beat down or an alliance and "run out" of time before you see the conclusion.

I like the idea, but it wont work....the way that contracts with USA work, they have to go to at least 11:00....it might make it seem more legitimate, but since they are a tv show and not a sport, the contracts for tv stations are for certain minimum amounts of time.

Making it impossible for WWE to pursue random time finishes BUT it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Vince/Creative to make a deal that once a month they get 15 more mins air time.

Having Cole blab on about Raw "supposedly" cutting into other programming timeslots may just make it that little more legitimate.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say I don't like that idea I guess. The problem I see with it is why would the WWE end a show earlier just to spark intrigue in the minds of those who tune in at the last moment?

The third hour is usually already the hour with the least views so wouldn't you rather just make a product which promotes a big showdown at like the last 15 minutes so that people know to not miss it.

The problem is that we have a version of the same stuff every week. A tag team match or an promo turned into a brawl. I didn't catch the main event this week because it was something I knew I'd be seeing in some form over the next 4 weeks.

having raw run over now and again would be good

picture raw being on amc and eating into the time when the walking dead should be on, it happens over here in the uk with football if they they have extra time or penos the commenters say we will be showing corrie or eastenders as soon as this game ends

I don't like this idea for numerous reasons.

1 - They have to go to a certain time. That's in their contract.

2 - If fans only tune in for the last 10 minutes, they probably wouldn't care.

3 - Will they even miss anything? Half of the time, the ending is more or less the same week to week.

I don't like this idea for numerous reasons.

1 - They have to go to a certain time. That's in their contract.

2 - If fans only tune in for the last 10 minutes, they probably wouldn't care.

3 - Will they even miss anything? Half of the time, the ending is more or less the same week to week.

They are contracted 180 minutes, with it being a live show there's almost always a 10-15 minute window for overrun that the network itself can adjust for, so we are stuck with a 3 hour RAW for the time being. They'd most definitely be in breach of contract if they decided to end earlier than 11pm, and with NBC rumoured to have lowballed them in negotiations the last go around in an attempt to get them to leave USA I'd imagine that would not sit well with the suits and ties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back