• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

El Hijo del Perro Aguayo dies

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
This is heartbreaking sad news out of AAA. El Hijo del Perro Aguayo has died following a botched lead up to a 619.

One of the top stars in Mexico, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, reportedly died early Saturday morning after taking Rey Mysterio's 619 maneuver at a AAA show Friday night in Tijuana, Mexico.

According to news reports, El Hijo took the 619 in the trachea trying to avoid the move, causing severe whiplash. El Hijo was placed on a backbrace by paramedics and taken out of the Municipal Auditorium arena to Del Prado hospital.

The Zeta publication initially reported that El Hijo was stabilized at the hospital after losing consciousness. However, local news outlet El-Mexicano.com reported that El Hijo was pronounced dead around 1:00 a.m. local time. Zeta followed up with a headline story also reporting that El Hijo died early Saturday morning.

AAA issued a brief statement early Saturday on Twitter. The translation: "The grief overwhelms our hearts. Rest in peace, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo."

Rival promotion CMLL also tweeted a statement early Saturday morning joining the lucha libre community in mourning El Hijo's death.

El Hijo main-evented AAA's "Rey de Reyes" PPV in a tag match against Mysterio just two days earlier. It was Mysterio's first match since leaving WWE.

A short time before Mysterio's match Friday night in Tijuana, Mysterio tweeted about his scheduled WrestleMania Weekend appearance at "WaleMania" in California this coming week.

PW Torch Source

If I am reading it right, it wasn't the 619 that did it, he fell awkwardly when being set up for it and thats where the issue came up.

they took fucking forever to realize he was pretty much dying leaning on the middle rope...

QEPD Hijo del Perro Aguayo

Nothing like waking up to learn your favorite wrestled died.

When you see the video, it really doesn't look like anything wrong happened.

I'm watching the video and it's not making any sense to me. He's already out by the time Rey's doing the 619 and before that Rey dropkicks him onto the ropes but it doesn;t look like he's hitting any surface hard, the didn't catch him in the neck or even back and he didn;t hit the ropes hard. It's seems like a freak encounter.

I'm watching the video and it's not making any sense to me. He's already out by the time Rey's doing the 619 and before that Rey dropkicks him onto the ropes but it doesn;t look like he's hitting any surface hard, the didn't catch him in the neck or even back and he didn;t hit the ropes hard. It's seems like a freak encounter.
It was the bump that sent him out of the ring that did the cervical damage.

Surely TO GOD, if someone is showing the signs of lifelessness this poor man was showing, you ignore kayfabe and HELP HIM. But no, as long as the fans got to see the final pin, that's all that matters.

This is indeed a very sad thing that has happened in The World Of Professional Wrestling. Honestly i hate to hear or read when something like this happening. It sucks that he is gone because he i think had more to give the world. Whether it is in Wrestling for the fans or personally to his family or friends, he still to me had more to give. I think this is just something in another line of things that i hate seeing. I posted this on a Facebook page who is a wrestler concerning this situation:

"To me, as a wrestling fan, there is way too many deaths going on in the business. So many wrestlers in the game are dying way too soon. They should be allowed to grow old, and be able to see their grand children and great grand children become success stories in life. To me, there are WAY TOO MANY TRAGEDIES HAPPENING IN WRESTLING!

I know that God has blessed you guys with the chance to live your dreams, and accomplish a lot in your careers. Giving you fame, fortune, and just a life that you guys don't have to work the typical "9 to 5" work that the rest of us do. I just wish that God would just grant ALL YOU GUYS AND GALS the chance to have very LONG lives as well. Too many of you guys and dying to young, and i wish that God would put a stop to it."

Too many have died to young. Think about it. Here is some that i think have died too young whether it was natural causes, death related illnesses, personal issues, and business related:

1. "Dr Death" Steve Williams

2. Kerry Von Erich

3. Umaga

4. Mitsuharu Misawa

5. Steven Dunn

6. Brian Adams

7. Andrew "Test" Martin

8. John Kronus

9. Chris Benoit

10. Nancy Benoit

11. Mike Awsome

12. Eddie Guerrero

13. Chris Candido

14. Chris Kanyon

15. Sean O'Haire

16. Rick Rude

17. Gino Hernandez

18. Chris Adams

And so many others. So many have died before they should in my mind. This is saddening for me as a WRESTLING FAN AND A HUMAN BEING! I wish that every Pro Wrestler, male and female, get to have a chance to have a long life and live to see 80 and 90. I wish they get to live longer so they can benefit the world and themselves more and better.

My heart goes towards the family, friends, and fellow fans of El Hijo Del Perro Aquayo.

LOS PERROS DEL MAL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking tragic. Really bummed me out. It'll be hard for AAA and Perros Del Mal to recover. This one hurts bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back