Eddie, Rey, Y2J, or Benoit

stavros241000

stavros241000
Well, who do you guys think was the best out of the 4 and why? Also, rankings are appreciated.

4. Rey Mysterio
3. Chris Benoit
2. Chris Jericho
1. Eddie Guerrero

To me, it is hands down Eddie Guerrero. I thought he was the best promo cutter in the whole WWE during his championship reign, better than Y2J, better than Triple H, HBK, all of them. Also didn't hurt that in my opinion, he was the most entertaining in-ring performer out of all these 4 workers. Also, I believe he had 1 of, if not THE most entertaining gimmicks of all time. RIP Eddie :').

Very good question ... personally I would say it's Chris Jericho on the account that he has the best skill set out of anyone of the three. That is in ring ability, promo skills, and charisma. He's also shown that he can be a company guy despite being just as innovative in what he does.

Second would be Guerrero, his promo skills are a tad better than Benoit and Mysterio. Plus when compared to Benoit, Eddie Guerrero (back in 2004/2005) did show more long term potential due to his ability to carry feuds both as a face and a heel. It's a shame tragedy struck so we never go to see how far it could go. But I'd wager and say there might have been a point where Eddie vs. HBK could have been a Blockbuster feud.

Third Benoit due to his strength in his ring work and silent charisma that he is capable of showing. Forth is Mysterio who is also a very good wrestler and a better promo guy than Benoit but seems that you can't put him in a heel position; which hurts him a bit.

Agree with the original post

1) Eddie - was the best entertainer in and out of the ring and since thats what the game is about Eddie wins hands down..
2) Chris Jericho - is a great alrounder and a future HOF'er he can battle anyone and make it look good but Eddie was just that much better
3) Chris Benoit - was the best technical wrestler of that group hands down every match he had was a mat classic but he lacked charisma and the ability to talk.
4) Rey - is good in small doses but out of the other 3 he's at the bottom, if we were talking about best cruiserweights he'd be in the top 5.

I agree withbthe last one. Eddie end Y2J are much more then the other two... more personality, more charisma, real enterteiner. In my opinion, they are at the same level of the rock.

1.I choose Eddy cause he always know where the camera was. His face expression was amazing. He love him as a face, we love him as a heel.

2. after came Jericho. Nothing to say about him... charisma, skills, tecnique... one of the best of all time.

3. then I choose Rey (a wrestler for kids, but the mexican school is so spectacular). Very professional, and very funny in the ring. Never a delusion.

4. Last come Benoit. Of course I would not think about his dead. He was another great tecnique, but in my opinion a little boring. He has no gimmick, he was a "soft face". No thrills, no entertainment.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but Eddie Gurrerro, as good as he was, is overrated by many due to his tragic death. Now, before anyone kicks off, he was a phenomenal performer. Great in the ring, full of charisma, but I wasn't a huge fan of his on the stick to be honest. He had a decent gimmick of 'Lie, Cheat, Steal' which made for some entertaining television. But Eddie isn't on the same level of the Rocks, Austins, Triple H's, HBK's, Angles, etc. They are all legends and current/future Hall of Famer's. Eddie, on balance, if he was alive, wouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame. He might have been someday, but I don't believe he's on that level. Like I said, very talented performer, but not one of the best.

Anyway, onto my list.

4. Rey Mysterio: Rey's early stuff was mind-blowing. Arguably the greatest cruiserweight ever. But he shouldn't be a three time World Champion. His first reign was purely a tribute to Eddie, and while the thought is nice, that isn't what a World title is for. I just can't believe him beating people like Orton, Angle, Big Show, and others in the main event.

3. Eddie Guererro: I know I've already given him a bit of a bashing, but Eddie's ability is undeniable. Incredibly talented performer who dealt with his personal problems and became a proper success story up until his untimely death. Deserves to be a World Champion, but he isn't one of the all time greats.

2. Chris Benoit: (for the purpose of this I'm isolating my personal views about Benoit) Benoit the performer was an incredible talent. One of the best technical performers in recent memory, his match with Angle at the 2003 Rumble is still a stunning match, as is his match where he won the title. He could seamlessly shift from one spot to another, and brought an intensity like very few others. Not the best talker, but he balanced that by simply beating the shit out of you.

1. Y2J: I'm biased, as Jericho is one of my favorites, but Jericho is the best of the four. Multiple time World Champion, Tag Champion, record-setting IC champion, first ever Undisputed Champion, and incredibly entertaining and charismatic. He managed to hang with the Rock during the Invasion, beating him for the WCW title, and famously beating him and Stone Cold in the same evening. Not only that, but he's evolved his character over time, rarely becoming stale, and has a great career outside of wrestling. But he always comes back.

He's the only one out of this list (possibly Benoit too, actually) that I'd put on a list of the top twenty wrestlers of all time.

I would go like this:
Benoit
Eddie
Jericho
Mysterio

Eddie and Y2J obviously were more charismatic and were better talkers but Benoit is bar none one of the best ive seen in that ring and every single match he was in felt like the main event.

Jericho easily. I put him in the same class as the likes of Stone Cold and The Rock. He's loaded with charisma, a great wrestler, great mic skills, a great entertainer, could play a face and heel equally well and just had that "it" factor. I admit I'm a bit biased though as Jericho has been one of my favorites since his 1999 debut.

I'd probably rank the rest in this order: Benoit, Eddie and Rey.

3. Eddie Guerrero
3. Chris Benoit
I have the WrestleMania XX Champions tied for 3rd here, only because, unfortunately, I just didn’t see them enough to rank them higher than the living Legends.

2. Rey Mysterio
His appeal to children alone gives him points none of these 4 can get. The fact that he’s mostly been a “Face” with a Mask is interesting. The underdog story helps as well. Add that to his high flying skills makes him one of the most marketable Stars of all time.

1. Chris Jericho
He’s just my favorite of all time, so any list you put him in, I’ll always rank him at the top. Wrestling, Rock and Roll, Dancing With The Stars, Game Show host, Twitter user, whatever. I am King Patrick and I am a Jericho-holic.

Eddie Guerrero was damn good but, frankly, a lot of people have blown his abilities FAR out of proportion as a result of his death.

From an overall perspective, the top name of these four is Chris Jericho and it's not even close. All four guys are strong inside the ring, no question. Hate on any of them all you want, but that's something that can't be denied with any shred of credibility. As has been pointed out by everyone from fans to journalists to wrestlers themselves, it takes more than being great in the ring to be a top star in professional wrestling. Otherwise, Hulk Hogan would have been strictly a mid-carder for his entire career.

In terms of charisma, personality & mic skills; none of those three can remotely touch Jericho. Couple that with his in-ring ability and you have someone that can make a legitimate claim as being among the best pro wrestlers in the world.

As to who I think is second that's a little tougher. Guerrero is the most charismatic of the remaining three while in-ring ability is something of a toss up in some ways. Mysterio was at his best, overall, in WCW. Mysterio is, in many ways, the man who put the term Cruiserweight on the map when it comes to American wrestling audiences. Mysterio was very young and very healthy in WCW; he did things that American audiences had never seen before. His matches with Guerrero, Malenko, Benoit & Jericho in WCW were some of the best in the company's history in my opinion. Benoit was something of a throwback. He wasn't all that charismatic, but he was a tough as nails grappler who could pretty much do it all. He could do power moves, he could wrestle on the mat & trade holds with the best of them, he could do the high flying stuff, he could brawl with anybody. Benoit got over entirely due to his in-ring ability, which is something that's pretty rare. Fans connected with him just because of that.

I'm going to give #2 to Benoit because, as I pointed out, he didn't even have to say a word and was every bit as over with the crowd as Guerrero or Mysterio ever was. That's unique in this day and age especially. He got over in a big way with fans despite a definite lack of charisma.

For #3, I'm going with Guerrero. Guerrero is someone that brought a lot to the table. He's someone that was also well rounded like Benoit inside the ring. He had more personality than Benoit, which wouldn't be hard to do, but some have exaggerated his charisma to near Rock levels and it just wasn't so, not even close.

I put Mysterio for #4 because I've generally found him to be the least entertaining and overall well rounded of these wrestlers. He had a lot of exciting and flashy moves. His longevity is something to be admired as well. Mysterio is someone that never really got over because of personality or mic skills. Personally, I think he was pushed to a level that he never quite fit in. I never really bought into Mysterio as a main eventer. It didn't have so much to do with his size overall, I just never found the guy to be particularly interesting from a character perspective.

I always enjoyed Eddie's matches, he was an entertainer, and a damn good one! He was also a very good technical wrestler, him winning the title from Brock was brilliant. I'd probably put Y2J behind him as he's been top level since his debut in WWF. He's also a crowd pleaser, and his matches are very entertaining too!

Benoit an easy third for me, I liked him but felt he was way too good to be on the ECW roster at the time of his death, not that there was anything wrong with being on that brand but I saw as more of a place for washed up superstars (Test etc.) and for mid carders who were receiving a push (Benjamin, Christian) and a place for newcomers who had a reputation outside of WWE (Punk) and it was just not the place for a guy the calibre of Benoit. Which leaves Rey as my last, he's past it, his knees just can't take it anymore, and while he enjoyed a good few years at the top, he never really had any good storylines, I actually liked him when he first came on the scene, fighting for the Cruiserweight belt and the tag titles with various superstars.

1.Eddie
2.Y2J
3.Benoit
4.Rey

All four deserve to be first ballot Hall Of Famers...

Benoit & Jericho had been neck & neck until his death. Eddie had always been entertaining to me, but I never bought into his main event push because he wasn't as good on the stick as Jericho/Rock and not as menacing a threat as Benoit.

1. Jericho
2. Benoit
3. Eddy
4. Rey Jr

Rey Jr is a great worker and his match with Eddy was the BEST lightweight match EVER, but he's gotten over because he's a sympathetic underdog face.

Jericho is far and away my number 1. I believe he is on that top tier of wrestlers. He was a great talker and consistently put on good to great matches. Multi time World champ along with every other major title. My number 2 is a little harder. I think Eddie and Benoit are close. Eddie was good in the ring, but not as good as Benoit imo. Eddie was obviously better on the mic, and always put on a good performance in and out of the ring. I would put Rey in the bottom of this group just because we haven't seen him at his best in so long. He pretty much put the Crusierweights in WCW on the map, and really did some amazing stuff for the time. Injuries have slowed him down so much in his time with WWE. I just never saw Rey on the level of the top guys.

For me, the number one is hands down Chris Jericho. Of all of them, he is the total package. From a wrestling standpoint, promo work, look, versatility, character, Chris Jericho was always going to be a star. Even when all four of these guys were in WCW and being held down. It was so obvious that Jericho was the one with clear breakout potential. Sure, the other three were great talents, but Jericho had "I'll make you money" plastered all over him. Then finally Vince packaged him the right way and cashed in on it.

Secondly, I'd call it a tie between Eddie and Benoit. For me personally I always liked Benoit more. Maybe because he was Canadian, maybe because he was just so good in the ring... like Bret Hart, he could get over based on ring work alone. Had nothing to do with promos. But at the same time, I respect everything Eddie has done. And he was an overall better entertainer. More well rounded in terms of mic skills and character. The end of WrestleMania 20 with both of them with the titles was a sight I'm sure no one thought they'd see a few years prior.

And then I'd put Rey fourth. I always liked Rey. Liked him more in WCW because he had more freedom to do different and a wider variety of moves. Most cruiserweights in WWE become predictable and boring, because they're limited to the WWE style of having 4-5 signature moves and that's it. I remember exciting guys like RVD and Tajiri get so formulaic they become stale and generic. The beauty of the WCW cruiserweight division was that there was no formula to it. That's what made it exciting. I think the WWE style hurt what made Rey so interesting.... Though by slowing him down, it did probably extend his career a few years.

1)Jericho - This shouldn't be a debate. He has was the most complete of the four, world-class with the mic and in the ring. He is the most accomplished. He is also a guy who transcended the sport and created alot of cross over appeal, making him known beyond the business.

2)Benoit - In the argument with the best technical performers in history, and he exuded a level of intensity that over-shadowed a relative lack of charisma. He could work believably against anyone and his size never felt like an issue.

3)Eddie - Although many of Eddie's attributes have been inflated in people's minds, there is no denying he had a career full of great matches and, once he was given the chance, he did some good character work late in his WCW and into his WWE run.

4)Rey - From the time he debuted with Psichosis in ECW he was bringing American fans a style few were familiar with outside of the southwest. He had a lot of great matches in his WCW run, but never really developed much of a personality to accompany it. His WWE run has been a shell of what he was as a younger, healthier worker, but he took advantage of his ability to get over with young fans who related to him and achieved more success than a guy his size ever normally would have been able to in the U.S.

I might get lynched on this forum for saying this but I always thought Jericho was overrated in the ring. His personality and charisma made up for it...without it he would have been just another above-average Joe.

Yes, Ive seen his stuff in Japan, etc. But people talk about him as if he's one of the greatest in-ring prrformers ever. Hes good, and has had great matches....but I wouldnt put him in my top 10.

Anyways, to answer the TS...in my opinion, nobody could touch Eddie Guerrero.

4. Rey Mysterio

3. Chris Jericho

2. Chris Benoit

1. Eddie Guerrero

NOW...if someone made a thread about Michaels, Angle, Guerrero and Punk I would need to think about that for a long time before attempting to write a response lol

Obviously all four are top players in the industry. All bring a little something different to the table as well. For me the Rankings are...
1- Jericho, He is solid in the ring and great on the mic. , He is the most decorated of the four belt wise and has been the most successful crossing over the lines out of the industry as well. Jericho also has proved himself to be valuable building new talent and pushing the good of the industry long term. For all that he squeaks over my number two pick.
2- Chris Benoit, He was one of my all time favorites in the ring. Had he been better on the mic I would have picked him for my number one choice. Chris lived for wrestling and was the best in the ring of the four. He was also was a locker room leader behind the scenes. He was one of those wrestlers that could put on a great match with any one he stepped into the ring with. It's really sad his life and career ended the way it did.
3- Eddy Guerrero, In many ways Eddie was the most entertaining of the four. To be honest in my top three picks these guys are so close its not funny and Rey isn't that much farther behind. I picked Jericho over Eddie entertainment wise because it was hard to hate Eddie as a heel. Don't get me wrong, he could pull it off but Eddie was really likeable. I still cheer for Jericho as a heel but he pulls off the heel role better than Eddie did so he edges over him in the overall picture.
4- Last but not least is Rey, Rey is probably the greatest cruiserweight of all time. The kids love him and his work in the ring speaks for it's self. Rey is seriously over as well he should be but for me at least he pulls up the bottom spot out of the four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back