• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW: Why not push tag teams and divas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronthony717

Pre-Show Stalwart
Let me explain this more.. The ecw brand is to help new and older wrestlers get used to tv and the crowd to know who they are. I like this cause its helped punk and kofi and swagger and others. But my question is that after we seen that it works for the single superstars, why not start bringing in tag teams and divas to start pushing?

On ecw I see vladmir and jackson as a team which is cool.. But why don't we get more vignets to promote new upcoming tag teams entering ecw to help the tag division or even new women pop up and help build that division?

I feel like if like with katie and rosa on ecw its time to work on their characters and bring in fcw divas to start gettingt them ready for the other two brands.. It would freshen up the division itself and help more with those two divas for the fans to see what they can do.

With the tag division, have actual tag teams enter start off facin mix shift teams and then throw them in a fued with koslov and jackson.. Then when needed they can go on sd and go against ct or hd or go to raw and fued with legacy..
Idk just a thought of mine.. What do u guys think?

The idea behind this is a good one, but there just isn't enough time. ECW is only a one hour show, they can't fit in their current product plus tag teams and divas all in that time period, it just doesn't work.

If they were to go a route that you proposed above, I'd say tag teams would be the better choice. The division obvioulsy isn't great right now, so why not throw some guys together from other brands or FCW and see how they work out? Obviously, they would need some legit opponents to face, maybe Cryme Tyme could be moved over as well.

While Jerishow and DX are battling over the belt, the next challenger could be groomed in ECW. It's unlikely something like this will happen in my opinion, but it could be interesting.

Well I know not enough time.. But once in awhile have katie lee start a minny fued with jane doe and once and while they'll either wrestle or have promos in the back or have them in a mixed match or even throw them on superstars... But I believe if ecw is the camping grounds then they should use It as just camping grounds for everyone not just meaningless single wrestlers..

Well I know not enough time.. But once in awhile have katie lee start a minny fued with jane doe and once and while they'll either wrestle or have promos in the back or have them in a mixed match or even throw them on superstars... But I believe if ecw is the camping grounds then they should use It as just camping grounds for everyone not just meaningless single wrestlers..

A few problems here:

Not Enough Time At All: Even if ECW went 2 hours, thats commercials, promos, and singles stints with the singles wrestlers. That gives you about 30 minutes for tag and diva action.

To many titles: What would be the point of pushing Tag Teams or Divas, without a title. There are alread 2 divas titles. Undisputed tag titles. To many if you were to add ECW ones.

Pushes: If you were to push an ECW tag team where would that get them. There on the c-Brand show as a tag team. Awesome? no. They would have nothing to look forward too except the upcoming draft where only one lucky member would get drafted and pushed.

There really isn't an option to push the diva's as the only two featured as wrestlers are going to be used as valets for the most part, since Katie Lea is Paul's "brother" and is doing her best to get Paul over and Rosa's recent performance hasn't been up to scratch but valet work is pretty decent. If there is anything to push the diva's, all there is maybe a 1 minute squash match between KL and RM.

The tag teams seem like a good idea, but Chris Jericho and Big Show rarely make an appearance on the brand as it is and will only be placed on the show to see what happens or if they need ratings. So, building tag teams on the Dub is going to have a lot of negatives. The only possible ways to pull off tag teams is to follow the Hart Dynasty effect to see what happens when you throw people together, much like the Ruthless Roundtable is doing right now.

For the current being, tag team matches on ECW should remain random pairings of superstars going against each other for the heck of it and not be considered a proper division over there.

The thing is, is that tag teams and divas aren't very interesting at all if they don't have a title to go for. I challenge anyone to think of a classic feud involving either group that didn't involve a title. As a result, you'd need to put those titles on ECW, which would either mean a complete title overkill or it would mean a lack of titles on the other two brands dependng on whether you moved them or created them.

ECW probably could build up tag teams, and probably should, but there just isn't any. ECW has a tag match on a weekly basis, but with nobody to push, it doesn't matter. Now Kozlov and Jackson are together, there is scope for another team or two, but to be honest you need three or four to prevent it being ridiculously stale. Hopefully the few in FCW will be ready to come up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back