ECW the "C" show?

Deadman

Getting Noticed By Management
ECW has been call the C show for as long as I can I remember because its a 1 hour show no real main event talent and etc.

But this thread is to find a way to fix it and make a B or maybe A show.

The way I think this can happen is

1. ECW CHAMPIONSHIP: This needs to be treated like a world title as in use it for a M.I.T.B. or Rumble win. DO NOT HAVE YOUR WORLD CHAMP GO FOR ANOTHER TITLE. Chavo made me hate the ECW title for a long time because of t
hat disaster and do not have him job to anybody for 3 weeks straight.

Any other Ideas.

I agree wholeheartedly that they need to stop having the ECW champ compete in Battle Royals and Money In The Bank matches. It definitely makes it look like their belt means nothing, and that's not the image they want to portray if they're trying to boost ratings.

Right now, they have a solid roster in place, so the first thing I'd change is ECW at the PPVs.

They should get a second match, besides the title match. Having just a title match severely limits who can appear on the PPV. They have a few guys that could put on a quality PPV match, and a group of young guys that could use the experience.

The second thing I would change, is to stop putting the ECW Title match on as the first or second match of a pay per view. It's a title match, and should be treated as such. It should either be on right before the other two title matches, or right before the big grudge match that main events most pay per views.

it would take alot to make ECW into the B show let alone the A show (and to clarify i consider Smackdown the A show at the moment). Its getting alot better tho with the new superstars and the return of Christian. I wouldnt change the annouce team either as im a fan of Striker and Grisham's commentary, but they could maybe have their General Manager on Tv a bit more. Maybe going 2 hours could be worth thinking about as this means more people from the Talent Initive could get more exposure plus more time for the main events. I also think they could Advertise the main event more on the other shows like they usually do with Smackdown and Raw

When the draft comes round give ECW more superstars that arnt needed on Raw or Smackdown, people like Cryme Time,Dolph Ziggler,Kendrick maybe even give ECW some credible main event challengers for the title and when the title IS defended on PPV have it before the WWE and World Heavyweight Title matches instead of (usually) the first or second match on the card.

You could even have the Womans Championship defended on all 3 brands so people like Alica Fox And Katie Lea could fued over it maybe send a few more Divas over to ECW so theres a Womans Division over there.

Infact seen as ECW is taped before Raw maybe they could decide to do ECW Live as it could gain some of Raws Viewers who dont usually watch but will do because its on before Raw, hook them in with some decent storylines with new superstars.

Anyways these are a few of my ideas im sure i'l have more later.

I guess you can call ECW the "C" Show.. but its not really supposed to be given a grade- its not trying to be the best show out there, just like its not trying to be the original ECW- its just a glorified developmental league where new superstars can get their breaks and show their stuff while veterans can rehab and refresh their careers there as well (Ex: Matt Hardy, Mark Henry, etc). However, this doesnt mean that the show shoudnt be entertaining- but, then again, it is- it has quality wrestling, and with additions like Christian, ECW has been looking great. So, in conclusion, I wouldnt talk about ECW in general by giving it a letter grade in comparison to the actual elite shows of Raw/SD!, but, I guess if you have to, then it would be the "C" brand... but thats not what its going for, just like things like the NFL Draft arent supposed to be as good as a real NFL game, but its quite exciting in its own right, and has huge impacts on the future, just like ECW and its roster of young yet promising talent.

ECW is screwed because it is only an hour. ECW shouldnt be a brand like RAW and Smackdown because an hour show cant cary the load of so many superstars and a title.

ECW as the C-Show is a sticker that the IWC and the Marks have put on this ''extremely'' good show. Which I think isn't fair towards those who work in ECW. There have been a lot of things that's been going on in this brand since it's revival. Some have called it a piece of shit, others never watch it, but most people know that this show has a lot of good entertainment in just one hour. Do you know why I think ECW isn't the C-Show? It's because I get to watch full action packed wrestling in one hour, without having to get anoyed about stupid promo's or too long commercials. ECW is a damn good brand which shitty smarks tend to ignore. If they just gave it a chance they would agree with me that this show is really good. I cant speak for everyone but I believe that most wrestling fans actualy like this show. Why? because it's the highest rated show on the SciFi Channel.

I actually judge ECW differently at this point. It's not as if it's competing with Raw and Smackdown. It is essentially a breeding ground for future talent. I think of it as kind of an OVW or FCW but actually on tv. We see young guys get exposure on national television, and WWE sees if they are going to work on one of the big shows. It's also refreshing to see less promos and generally 3-5 matches guarenteed in only an hour show so we can really see that new talent.
The only difference is that ECW has a FEW big names to focus the show around and go after the title. But those guys are normally there to help out some young guys or waiting for their opportunity on one of the other shows (or in some cases actually appear on the other shows as well).
In the beginning it was kind of competing with the other brands and was something different so it was cool. Focus continued on the ECW title and New Breed vs ECW Original storyline, but when that all ended it basically turned into what it is now. The beginning of the talent initiative I think is when they officially turned into kind of a farm system on the national level.
The only problem I really have with it is the lack of respect that the ECW title gets. We compare it to the midcard titles, and while it does get actual feuds which the other two oftentimes don't, WWE disrespects the title alot. Having the champion in the Royal Rumble or MitB is a big of a disgrace. I mean, I know it's not supposed to be a real world title, but have them drop the title before doing that at least.

ECW as the C-Show is a sticker that the IWC and the Marks have put on this ''extremely'' good show. Which I think isn't fair towards those who work in ECW. There have been a lot of things that's been going on in this brand since it's revival. Some have called it a piece of shit, others never watch it, but most people know that this show has a lot of good entertainment in just one hour. Do you know why I think ECW isn't the C-Show? It's because I get to watch full action packed wrestling in one hour, without having to get anoyed about stupid promo's or too long commercials. ECW is a damn good brand which shitty smarks tend to ignore. If they just gave it a chance they would agree with me that this show is really good. I cant speak for everyone but I believe that most wrestling fans actualy like this show. Why? because it's the highest rated show on the SciFi Channel.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

When a company treats one of their own Brands like crap, then the fans/customers will do the exact same thing.

Perception is reality.

If the majority of fans perceive the ECW Brand as being a C-Level Brand, then my question is "What is WWE doing to change that perception?"

Debuting Christian on the show is a start. Now, let's see what else they can do.

ECW is and always will be the "C" show in the eyes of the WWE. It the developmental show and it does exactly what it's designed to do: develop talent to be transfered to RAW of SD. And that's not a bad thing. I've actually started to like this show, thanks to the development of Jack Swagger.

I have realized that ECW isn't supposed to be E-C-W anymore, it's just the letters. And since ECW has just become the "C' show, they have been able to develop CM Punk, Kofi Kingston and Mike Knox who have all moved on the have at least moderate levels of success on RAW over the past year. It also prepared Matt Hardy, Miz and John Morrison for title reigns.

ECW doesn't need to be revamped or repackaged (renamed, maybe); it serves it purpose and does a decent job doing it. ECW has already developed or improved the skills of many, and we are sure to see Christian and Jack Swagger move on to bigger and better things in the near future.

I'm gonna throw it out there so here we go. After the 2006 ONS if they had the idea of bringing the OLD ECW back should they have either made it just online or put it on TV as a retrospective show looking back on the old days with all the shows?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

When a company treats one of their own Brands like crap, then the fans/customers will do the exact same thing.

Perception is reality.

If the majority of fans perceive the ECW Brand as being a C-Level Brand, then my question is "What is WWE doing to change that perception?"

Debuting Christian on the show is a start. Now, let's see what else they can do.

May i ask how are they treating it like crap? because i read that ECW goes up against a TNA show and usually comes out on top in the ratings.. that suggests to me that the fans watch the show and find it entertaining and treat it like any other WWE show.

ECW has been gradually improving since the beginning of last year long before Christian showed up. That new talent inititive that came in did a lot for the show and brought the WWE new talented athletes as well as a place were their talent can grow so i fail to see how this brand has been personified as ''crap''

ECW is TERRIBLE, but it's not good either. What are there like 7 guys? Every week its the same matches and if there is a PPV match with the ECW title then it's 3 weeks of the same match and then that same match again on the PPV where the other guy finally wins.

There's also the problem with it being only one hour, now to mention that it's on Sci-Fi.

As for their roster, it seems they are using it to develop new talent, so that alone will make certain that it's not an A show...once talent gets good enough they'll move over to RAW or Smackdown. I consider The Miz (who I think is terrible) and Morrison (who I think is great) as Smackdown guys now -- and they're belts don't matter...again we have like 4 tag teams and 2 sets of titles, as far as in know Miz and Morrison are actually the only tag team on ECW anyway. Christian just came back to WWE and if they want anything out of them they'll move him out of ECW.

Then theirs the whole championship things. Everyone here is right, having the ECW champ in MITB defintely devalues it. But also, look at the past few champs...Matt Hardy, Mark Henry, Chavo. Those aren't really top stars there.

WWE doesn't mean for ECW to be a top show, and that's why it never will be.

I don't think there would need to be to many things changed roster wise. But just to make the show intresting keep the "Talent Exchange" going but with both Raw and Smackdown instead of just Smackdown, That way all three shows Mid-Card superstars could show what they are made of and possibly get the push that some of them need. Another thing that could be done to make it more of a B show at least get some other titles bring back the Hardcore title even if it's not contested under the same rules it could be like the brands US or IC title and maybe try and get an extra hour outta Sci-Fi ECW is there best show anyways they should be more than willing to give them more time lol

ECW is not the 'C' show as such. Well, it is, but I don't want it to be.

ECW has more wrestling on it per week than iMPACT! and probably Raw as well, and they don't really have shitty workers either. The young guys trying to make their way have a national level on which to do it.

I don't consider it the 'C' show, I think it's just the starting ground for many young talents and a place for older ones to shine and work with the young talent.

Here is how WWE can make ECW the "B" Show!!!!

First they need to get a better roster in there. On Raw the main eventers are John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista, CM Punk over on ECW you got Finlay, Christian, Mark Henry and Jack Swagger, and Smack Downs got the Edge, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker Triple H. Who are you going to watch????

Easy Raw or Smack Down!!!!

How about WWE's takes Smack Down and Raw's mid carders and not used as much upper carders like Big Show, Vladimir Kozlov, Carlito, Primo, Festus, Jesse, Mike Knox, Chris Jericho, JBL, and maybe even a huge guy like Batista.

If they had a roster like that and if they moved the Intercontinental Championship over to ECW!!!! They would have two belts, two champs, and a great roster!!!!!

They could also make there own Tag Titles and no borrow Raws. I would also do something like scrape "The Miz" to Raw for someone like CM Punk. Think about the buzz. He was ECW again, and he could be again. Who here would really like to see a Christian Vs Batista rival or a Christian Vs CM Punk Rival see.

Also make the show 2 Hours long like the rest of them, not one hour.

Know with all this and the superstars it took from which brand, this should make ECW the "B" show over Smack Down!!!!

Also if WWE wanted ECW to be the "A" from here all they would have to do is do there 3 Hours specials from ECW live. That would be great and move a few big champs over maybe Edge, Randy Orton, and Jeff Hardy. And that is the "A" show

To Jason Serwatka...

Are you saying that a one hour show with three titles (ECW, IC and Tag) consisting of guys like Big Show, Kozlov, Jesse and Festus, JBL and Mike Knox would save ECW? That pretty much sounds like the recipe for a show I would never want to see in my life. Even if you had Christian and Jericho there, I still probably wouldn't tune in.

ECW will NEVER be the A show. WWE will always support RAW as the top show (even if some fans consider SmackDown to the top show). If anything maybe they would possibly consider RAW and SmackDown even. If something good happened in ECW they would simply move it over to one of the top shows, that's the purpose of ECW, and that's the way WWE wants it to be.

Last year WWE was in a great position to bolster ECW, but they decided to dismantle the entire roster and turn it into the clear cut "C" show. If ECW was ever going to be known as anything other than the "C" show, the opportunity was there last year.

Last year at the time of the draft they had a roster with Kane, CM Punk, John Morrison, The Miz, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely, Tommy Dreamer, Mike Knox, and Evan Bourne. Plus, they had the Big Show and Mark Henry appearing on ECW basically every single week as part of the talent exchange. They did the right thing by drafting Mark Henry over as an official part of the roster, and had ECW acquired maybe one or two more decent mid-card veterans, their roster would've looked pretty good. Instead, Kane, Punk and Kofi go to Raw. Shelton goes to Smackdown!. Chavo disappears from ECW and goes to Smackdown! so he can be Vickie's bitch instead of contributing to a mid-card on ECW. Mike Knox disappears from ECW after a little absence is brought to Raw, and with Chavo not competing on a regular basis in the ring, his bodyguard Bam Neely became pointless and was released. This was the dismantling of the ECW roster into the "C" show.

Problem with ECW is the fact that it is used as a stomping ground, a stepping stone for younger stars or use it as an insurance for veterans like for example, when CM Punk got over, they drafted him to Raw, when they found out what to do with Kane and had him in a pseudo-feud with Mysterio, they drafted him to Raw.

This whole stepping stone idea was an idea for Vince to get Lashley over in 2007, basically, the whole show was to get Lashley into the lights and when Lashley hit the high-point in his career, they moved him to Raw, and thats when ECW started getting branded as C-show. If they could just use ECW as it was back in 2006, as a brand that did in its own right, compete against Raw and Smackdown, and giving it a concrete roster that is not bound to constant change, the brand could work.

So what could fix ECW? For starters, it lacks roster depth. Getting rid of the ECW originals was stupid. I know Vince wants to do ECW differently, but he can still incorporate the originals in that vision. Believe it or not but when WWE's ECW first started with the exception of a few things they did in the beginning it wasn't that bad. But eventually it got stupid. Vince McMahon winning the ECW title was the beginning of the end for me. Making the title Silver was the end. That shows you how much Vince cares about ECW when the title is silver. It's like one step above U.S and I.C. but below World and WWE. And the U.S. and I.C. are gold.

Now I catch it just to see Christian and that's it. I DVR it fast forward to see Christian and that's it.

In my opinion in order to fix the show they need to actually have more storylines, bigger roster depth, there own house shows, a live show on tuesday nights (I'd put it on Thursdays just to compete with TNA), break away from being taped before Raw or Smackdown, give them there own PPV's. (they don't even need to be 3 or 4 hours remember In Your House PPV's they were cheaper and shorter but they carried storylines and they had really good matches) Another hour needs to be added to the show. More ECW orginals and ALL that is only half of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back