• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ecw in the manhattan centre?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbid Wolverine

Pre-Show Stalwart
i think ecw should be a show that is produced in several small venues, that way the crowd is more into the product.

take the manhattan centre or the place where they did the second one night stand ppv(i think it was in philly), smaller venues with a hyped up atmosphere, that was the way monday night raw started, wcw in the mgm grand studios

plus this would have alot of real wrestling fans in there because of the limited seating...

i think this woulod be a good way to differentiate from raw and smackdown

Both ECW One Night Stands were in the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan. It was definitely a place for ECW original fans, and since their product has changed so much they're not going back there.

ECW actually had all its house shows in small venues, many were in front of 400-500 people. Since it was not working too well, they merged the ECW house shows with the Smackdown ones.

This will never happen. The last time they went to the Hammerstein and tried to push WWE product, the fans were ready to lynch Batista and Show's talentless asses and/or burn them at the stake. McMahon and his cronies know NOTHING of how to control a legit smark crowd and this episode of ECW on SCI-FI was no exception. Even the commentary was trying to tip-toe around it, not to mention the unsuccessful muting of the audience chants when they tore the "WWE Elite" a fresh orifice.

Vince would be wise to keep ECW out of the Philly/New York market. Real fans would buy up tickets for the sole purpose of ripping the show apart from beginning to end. While it would be great to watch, that would be a PPV suicide for WWE. Though I give Vince no credit for intelligence, even he knows better than that.

It would be awesome if they brought the WWE ECW to the Hammerstine. Imageine the crowd responses. If you thought the reaction's were bad at December To Dismember imagine what it would be like in front of a hard core crowd. WWE are pussy's.

It would be awesome if they brought the WWE ECW to the Hammerstine. Imageine the crowd responses. If you thought the reaction's were bad at December To Dismember imagine what it would be like in front of a hard core crowd. WWE are pussy's.

WWE are ****** they wouldnt know real hardcore if it bit on the ass.

Unfortunately they originally had the ONS PPV at the Ballroom but changed it recently, they also changed the date. They are probably going to include a lot of Smackdown and RAW matches too. The Manhattan Center would be ideal because even though the original ECW fans are angry at the product they will still show up to trash it. Vince wants nothing to do with anything associated with EC'FN'W. He is going to push the originals until they resign and then they will be burried again.

Well, I'd like ECW to stay in small venues, and that's how it was in the beginning, at least for house shows. I remember ECW came to Glens Falls Civic Center up here and i was just like "...huh?". But it ended up giving the show a great atmosphere. I hope they bring back the small venue idea, but that would prolly mean ECW would have to break away from SD! and get it's own tapings.

Well, I'd like ECW to stay in small venues, and that's how it was in the beginning, at least for house shows. I remember ECW came to Glens Falls Civic Center up here and i was just like "...huh?". But it ended up giving the show a great atmosphere. I hope they bring back the small venue idea, but that would prolly mean ECW would have to break away from SD! and get it's own tapings.

I agree with the small venues, and it should have been that way from the start, but I don't think the show is strong enough to pull of quality matches in a small venue. Atmosphere is great, but the product needs to be good enough to play in that kind of venue. Smaller arena would mean less pyro and all of the visual crap associated with the entrances. The crowd would also be much closer to the action, so wrestlers would need to sell their matchs well. I don't think Vince and his crew could pull that off. WWE masks alot behind big screens, pyro and a lot of other visual distractions. ECW of old didn't have that, so people packed smaller venues for the sole reason that what they wouldn't see in glitz, they would get in something more simple, good wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back