• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW - First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shando

I stopped watching wrestling way back in 2002, but recently began watching it again, WWE and TNA. A lot has changed in the past few years, people have came and gone. And ECW is back. I watched ECW a few times, but then thought to myself, 'What is this bullshit?' ECW was Extreme Championship Wrestling, but nowadays, there is nothing extreme about it. yet another generic wrestling show. The ECW originals rarely get the respect or the matches that they deserve. It's a complete joke

~Shando

I stopped watching wrestling way back in 2002, but recently began watching it again, WWE and TNA. A lot has changed in the past few years, people have came and gone. And ECW is back. I watched ECW a few times, but then thought to myself, 'What is this bullshit?' ECW was Extreme Championship Wrestling, but nowadays, there is nothing extreme about it. yet another generic wrestling show. The ECW originals rarely get the respect or the matches that they deserve. It's a complete joke

~Shando

You've hit the nail on the absolute head. Extreme doesnt deserve to be in the name. Its crap. Complete and utter crap.

I'm in the exact same position as you dude, I also stopped watching wrestling around 2002-2003 as the product had just become bland, but after watching a bunch of old ECW and WWF tapes I had I've recently become a full fledged addict all over again, and when I tuned to the ECW I had so much hope for it. God damnit they had it good at first, now its just crap. Why does Vince had ECW and it's fans? Why does he hate good wrestling? WHY DOES HE LOVE STUPID STORYLINES INVOLVING LEPRECHAUNS AND DONALD TRUMP?!

It's called Evolution. It's called the future. TNA slowly but surely is evolving past the pro wrestling we're accustomed to or subjected to and giving us new matches and moves that the WWE wouldn't have the balls to try. The WWE chooses to live in the past, believing that everything if fine. Maybe right now is not a code red. But it can change easily.

Can we not make this another fucking TNA vs WWE thread. I meean honestly, havent we also got enough ECW sucks posts as well? Cmon fuckwits

Yeah i dont mean to be as harsh as judd, but this thread probably should have been put in with the "what i would do to change ECW" thread.

Man u said it all right.There is nothing and i mean nothing extreme about the new ECW that Vince has recreated.To me its just stupid to have this show on the air.

We all know that EVERYONE wants ECW to close down, but I think it's been expressed on almost every thread on this forum, so I don't think we need another topic like this where everyone is just roasting on ECW again and again. Someone should close this!

I wouldn't say close down ECW just yet. It seems to be getting a little better than it was before, and even though the name ECW is undeserved and not respected, I believe the WWE should keep its third brand. And since the name ECW is there, why change it ? I know it pisses people off, but it is just like if the show was called Nitro or Bubblegum. It's just a name, same WWE content with superstars in training.

I seen 2 like the Originalsz versus the New Breed storyline I heard they will bring back Heyman and manage the Originalsz I hope ECW can make a Turn around please sumone make a WHAT I WOOD CHANGE ABOUT ECW Thread

ECW is a brand on it's own right, it's starting to catch on with people , good ole Dusty is helping make it interesting all over again I hope they continue to push this Originals vs the New Breed story line to help everyone and maybe make it a all out Extreme War Games Type Match now that would draw. Heyman Managing the Originals and bringing them into it with the New Breed Managed by a new loud mouth guy who isn't claiming the US is against him , my hope is they have a person who can talk great in there maybe bring back Foley and Funk to be in the match too just like they had them wrestle the show last year at One nIght stand 2

I don't see how ECW is sticking around when alot of the Heat wrestlers are better than alot of the ECW wrestlers.

Perhaps bringing over Viscera - and establishing a tag team division on ECW with Cade & Murdoch and The Highlanders - is what they need to bring life back into ECW.

I really hope they pull this thing together. ECW could be so good with the talent roster WWE has and the money. They just have to do it right. But no matter what I still like it. I like Raw and Smackdown. So why not ECW, it is the same as they are to me. I just hope they start to push this thing in the right direction.

ECW is a brand on it's own right, it's starting to catch on with people , good ole Dusty is helping make it interesting all over again I hope they continue to push this Originals vs the New Breed story line to help everyone and maybe make it a all out Extreme War Games Type Match now that would draw. Heyman Managing the Originals and bringing them into it with the New Breed Managed by a new loud mouth guy who isn't claiming the US is against him , my hope is they have a person who can talk great in there maybe bring back Foley and Funk to be in the match too just like they had them wrestle the show last year at One nIght stand 2

I agree that Dusty Rhoad's impact is starting to be seen in ECW, and now there is at least one story line established in the brand, but I don't know that I agree that ECW is a "brand on it's own right". ECW is surviving off of RAW and Smackdown. Other than the "new vs. old" storyline, there is nothing else there. The brand's own champion has to go to Smackdown and RAW in order to legitimize himself and the ECW belt because it can't be done within ECW alone. That is pretty sad. Of course, Snitzky is set up to make a run for his title, but with Lashley's WM commitments, that can't happen until he is done with his work outside of the ECW ring.

I don't disagree with your overall opinion, but I am not as optimistic as you. Heyman is ECW, but isn't WWECW. I don't think that he will come back to this "brand" of wrestling, mainly because Vince turned it into a minor league clone of RAW and Smackdown. Heyman wanted to be part of wrestling, not "sports entertainment". I like the idea of Extreme War Games. That would be great if Vince would allow it to play out under extreme rules. Without the extreme rules, there would be nothing to set it apart from just being a cheap rip-off of what WCW did.

I have been a wresling fan for about 5 years now but somehow have not watched ECW until now. My first ECW event that I watched was ECW one night stand(the first one) It was amazing all the energy of the crowd and the passion the superstars showed for the fans and the business was just amazong. So ECW was good back then and still is good but not as extreme. As before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back