• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EC3 Sidelined 4-6 Months With Torn Bicep Surgery

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from TNAInsider:

TNA Wrestler Ethan Carter III is slated to undergo biceps surgery today. Sadly, the expectation is that Carter will be out of action for between 4-6 months.

--

Sad, indeed. Carter was on an absolute tear (some pun intended) these last few months, and is arguably undeniably the company's fastest rising star — of the home grown variety, no less (don't come at me with that WWE developmental bull. If he wasn't a roster player, he ain't got that same WWE stink on 'im).

Even with the Destination America news/move, and the fact it won't be moving over until January 2015, we're still talking an earliest possible return date of mid-March 2015. You and I both know that this kind of time in the wrestling world is a god damned eon.

Time for some creative-as-fuck booking to kick in!

This blows. He can still keep a TV presence as Tyrus mouth piece. If the TV title returned he would be the ideal champion, it would give him a chance to run through the rest of the roster to continue his build and once he eventually drops it I'd send him right after Roode and the big belt.

Considering TNA doesn't seem like it will be creating new content for awhile, this may turn out to be decent timing (as decent as getting injured can be).
Get well.

How about giving him a short term run behind the announce desk (particularly if we get more than one wrestling show). Could give the new run a new sound.

Right about now TNA needs to throw a hail Mary. I can't think of another heel on the roster that can get as much heat as EC3. Only person that maybe comes close is MVP, but still. Unless they decide to elevate James Storm and rehash his feud with Roode, this is gonna look like a round Robin of contenders. I do agree that EC3 should remain a mouthpiece for Tyrus for the time being at least to stay relevant.

This is sad news. EC3 is one of my favorite heels. He has the look, the talent, and the mic skills. Plus people love to hate him. He is great at what he does.

Hopefully he stays on T.V. with Tyrus during his recovery to keep him relevant. Given what I am seeing as I type this (watching Impact now), seems like he will still be around until he heals.

This is sad news. EC3 is one of my favorite heels. He has the look, the talent, and the mic skills. Plus people love to hate him. He is great at what he does.

Hopefully he stays on T.V. with Tyrus during his recovery to keep him relevant.

This has an upside. I can see him being the one to beat Roode when he returns to action. Tyrus gets a serious solo push
Spud feuds with Crazy Steve

The downside is I looked forward to his segments. Hopefully Samuel Shaw gets the nod for a bigger push

How about giving him a short term run behind the announce desk (particularly if we get more than one wrestling show). Could give the new run a new sound.

I don't think that's a bad idea at all, it might even stop the halt of his momentum, hell it worked for CM Punk a few years ago.

This news genuinely really sucks, I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of TNA/iMpact Wrestling but when I tune in I've always really enjoyed ECIII's work. He just ticks all the boxes:

1) A good look

2) Good in the ring

3) Great on the mic

Here's hoping he just comes back even better.

Well it's better he has it now versus prolonging the surgery and being out longer. I don't want him to go against Roode at this time anyway. It'd be a loss that might be something he wouldn't recover from. Keep him on TV, let him speak for Tyrus until he is healed up. Then have him get into the title picture against Roode if he is champion at that time.

This is arguably the worst thing that could happen to TNA. EC3 is the number one heel in that company and once he comes back he should be brought into the TNA Title scene. Hopefully by that time Bobby Roode is deep into his run and he has a few wins over heels like Lashley, MVP, and even lower card heels like Tyrus.

EC3 will in my opinion be a world champion as he has all the skills and right look to be a champion. Hopefully he stays relevant and comes back in a big way. Once, and if he wins that title that could start the Angle/EC3 feud that has been teased the last few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back