• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dudebusters need to be thankful for WWECW

buddyriffic

Occasional Pre-Show
I hope that some of you don't even know who The Dudebusters are, because I sure as hell wish I didn't. In my opinion this has got to be the worst tag team I've seen in a long while. I don't even want to rant about it, but seriously, the best way that I can describe this team is they seem to be like a poor man's K.C. James and Idol Stevens with some cheesy video game gimmick, or shooting 3-pointers, or whatever the hell else they do.

My question for the thread is, does anyone think this team would have gained a spot on Smackdown and made it up from the feeder system if they had not been so fortunate as to gain some exposure on the now defunct ECW program?

First of all, I don't really find them that terrible, now I haven't seen much from them in the ring, but what I've seen is somewhat mediocre though, but it's not bad, I've seen worse most definitely, and I must admit while they do come off a little oddly with their gimmicks, it's kinda entertaining at times, I liked the whole "He completed Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 in 1 day".. was kinda funny until I realized I had done the same, but the fact is that it had me chuckling.

And yes I do believe WWE would've thrown them on Smackdown eventually if they had just been in FCW and coming up to the main roster, because if they are there now, why wouldn't they have been there eventually anyway?
WWE had guys like Vance Archer doing stuff on ECW, yet he's doing nothing on Smackdown or RAW now (I forgot what roster he's on) The Dudebusters are doing stuff on Smackdown, and that shows that WWE at least has something on them they like to use, and who knows, these two might go on to become either a great tag team, or two great single stars, we won't know yet cause they're new with the company, time will only show.

They're like WWE's answer to MCMG and Generation Me on TNA. They're two young guys who boast and screw around, alot like Hawkins and Ryder kinda were. They're playing with a gimmick on SD to see if it gets over so chill dude. Alot of hate for a team who got fed to R Truth and Morrison, it's not like they won the Unified Tag Titles out of no where. Yeah they would've made it to SD if it weren't for ECW, they got to ECW from FCW didn't they? Now SD is the bottom tier again.

A side note though, Why did the dudebusters make it to SD, while Vance Archer, who was pushed heavily on ECW, get dropped down to FCW? It makes you wonder.

I agree they have a terrible gimmick, but they're not that bad. I have liked this team for a while now, and that mostly has to do with Trent Barretta. I think this kid has a ton of potential. He is clearly the more talented of the two, IMO.

He is good in the ring. Very athletic, and aggresive as well. He has a real chance to become a good, technical wrestler, and I hope he goes that route (instead of hitting a few big spots, Kofi style). The other one, Croft...mehh. I don't care about him.

But what I really like is the fact that they are a REAL tag team. They work well together. Combo moves, quick tags, etc. On the mic, they seem talented, but are working with a shit gimmick. I hope they stick around for a while, if only so Barretta can get some exposure, because I think he's a hot commodity. He's raw, and needs some work, but I really think he has what it takes to become a big name in pro wrestling.

I like this team, and they do not have terrible gimmicks, (well at least there is a team with a gimmick today, it beats Shomiz) I enjoy the gimmick that they stuff around and they are best friends.
They have crazy talent, and they have definitely got the move set, they have numerous tag team moves, that is a real rarity in the WWE, they have great chemistry, but knowing the WWE, they will probably nearly reach the top, and then be broken up. And that's the truth
on topic I am not sure they could make it without WWECW, but They would definitely have a damn good chance

Aw man! I think their gimmick is hilarious. Just a couple of bros hanging out, playing xbox, hitting stupid handshakes when they do something cool, really confident for no apparent reason. Even though they don't get that much screen time, from what I've seen, they really have the personality down. They remind me so much of people I see around campus on a daily basis.

And yeah, they're good enough in the ring, and have good tag-chemistry as the beast said. I really hope they stick around/stay together as a tag team.

One complaint: I really miss their old theme music. Really different from the nü-metal guitar stuff everyone else has: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ndku2dJetg

Their gimmick makes me want to bash my face through the TV.

I guess creative forgot that they were a couple of wrestlers? I mean, if you're trying to make a legitimate tag team, the last thing you want them to do is to sit in the middle of the ring and brag about Call of Duty. These guys might as well be the wrestling version of Harold and Kumar. It's not like they're doing a bad job portraying their gimmick, it just doesn't make any sense happening in the middle of a wrestling ring, against actual, legitimate tag teams.

I think the fact that the Dudebusters, a REAL tag team, have such a stupid gimmick is further proof that WWE couldn't give less of a shit about their tag team division (not that they have for awhile but I digress). I think these guys can have the potential to shine in the tag team division if they had more airtime but that obviously isn't happening. That said, I don't think it would've mattered whether they performed on ECW or not. Besides, their time on the defunct brand was forgettable at best. I've been told multiple times on these forums that they were great on FCW but I didn't see it on ECW.

Sadly, I foresee these two getting future endeavored sooner rather than later. If WWE ever does decide to get serious about pushing these guys as a real tag team, I think a repackaging for these two would be in order.

They wrestled as a tag team as the "Dudebusters" for only one week and only cut one promo. Give them a chance, these cats are actually pretty funny. You should catch an episode of FCW with them in it. They play cocky heels and they do a good job of getting under your skin. I think creative wanted to connect with the youth more by doing this. There's always kids who go "yeah i beat this and that in a day" or "i beat i can beat you one on one up to 10" and things of that nature. Its how the kids talk today. I should know, I coach my little brother's basketball team in the summer.

As for your question, I believe that this team would have still came up from FCW and on to Smackdown regardless of ECW. The WWE needs more tag teams and these guys will probably be jobbers for the time being. Other tag teams need a team to face to make them look good. Destroying 2 guys that all you guys hate will do that. Besides its not like these kids are nobodies, they won the tag team championship in FCW and are pretty entertaining, annoying, but entertaining. The Dudebusters are now in sink or swim mode by being on Smackdown, but I have hope for these kids. Call of Duty for the win!

Picture+11.png

I like these guys as a team. They havent been around too long- they shouldnt be taking a verbal beating from anyone here.

They kinda remind me of a young Edge & Christian. E&C didnt come into WWE as the E&C as we know them today. Or- even the E&C that were giving us 5 seconds for flash photography....They were vampires & followed around f'n Gangrel.

I mean...come on! Give the guys a chance to show you what they can do in the ring & on the mic before you come to the conclusion that they should be demoted or released. And...NO- I dont think they've been given anything close to that chance on SD! Not yet anyway.

The only thing i've seen the dudebusters accomplish is annoying me. two young guys that take pride in beating opponents few people know or have heard of. the first time i saw them was on ECW, a couple months ago. they are the worst tag team i've ever seen in my life. 1)they're cocky, although 3/4 of the wwe is cocky, these guys are the definition of over confident. 2)they don't wrestle that well. i mean congratulations, you just beat a couple of midcarders and opponents people have never heard of before. 3) they're obnoxious and annoying. the moment i saw them, i hated them, like everyone else. they interrupt and they think they're awesome. 4) their name. dudebusters. really? get something better

when i first saw them i thought i was gonna hate em to death,just like i hated E&C when they were tools of the decade.I think they're recycling a gimmick you guys loved before,but now you've grown up so you hate it.

to your point,they did need ECW to gain exposure,but that was the point NEW SUPERSTAR INITIATIVE.WWECW was made for guys like them,and I think they'll do well in the future,because they're main goal is to be TAG champions,not WORLD champion.They started together and they wanna make it to the top together.you dont see much of that in the WWE today so I'm rooting for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back