• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drug Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA to my knowledge has only done drug testing once and never followed it up with another test.

They offered Kurt Angle a job after WWE released him in fear that he'd die on their watch.

Apparently they're bringing in Lance Cade who was released because of drug problems. He was supposed to be in line for a huge push within WWE, they didn't even send him to rehab first.

What message does it send out if TNA will hire wrestlers after they've been released, regardless of problems. Cade has been gone long enough to get over them, but it wouldn't take much for him to relapse.

There are several wrestlers who obviously have unnatural physiques. Say what you want about WWEs drug policy, but they do enforce it. Even if it's only with wrestlers who aren't of real value.

The wrestlers in TNA might have a lighter schedule that WWE, but so did ECW.

Do you think TNA could become a hotbed for drug abuse?

I think it already is. Test went there for that reason and even they thought he was too much of a risk. Clearly Cade, Steiner and Kurt have chosen to abuse various drugs in the past for many reasons; yet I doubt that they are the only ones still on the roster.

The problem is they were questioned by US Congress at around the same time as Vince. Stephanie. While their answers didn't sound entirely convincing, WWE could at least say that they have some procedures in place (regardless of what we think about the procedures) it would clearly be a concern that TNA have done something and then not following it up (and probably not planning to do so).

The concern would be that if TNA do bring in regular testing, positives results (and punishments) to the "wrong" talent could truly decimate their roster.

I feel they should. They need to implement something to get rid of the tag of "druggies' haven."

I think the post above is spot on here. In the WWE, I don't think there's any one wrestler who could damage the ratings a great amount, because it's not only based on one person. In TNA, the loss of someone like *Insert biggest TNA star here* could really damage the company, as I think many people do watch it just for certain stars. It's the only explanation for watching it that makes any sense, anyway.

I don't think it'll become like a 'druggies haven' as TNA will have to have some control. But I don't think they'll have anything as strict as WWE's policy in place for quite some time.

I thought the "Sting/Angle/Nash/Sharkboy have an impact (haha!) on ratings" thing was debunked. When has any one man had a positive or negative influence on ratings? I particlar remember maybe a .1 or .2 change for Sting and/or Angle. Not groundbreaking...

That said, I would hope that no insane mentality that they can compete with WWE is keeping them from making people go get treatment they need. TNA needs to find they're niche rather than trying to be WWE's competition, and that includes promoting a healthier culture for the talent.

Hold on, if certain members of the knockouts division were suspended, ratings would probably suffer. Kinda sad to be honest.

Jeff Hardy ended up there too. But he seemed to dislike it so much that he got clean just so he could go back to WWE...

I know it seems insensitive, but the problem with TNA being so complacent about drug control is that they haven't had a major death in their company before. If they did and it was related back to drugs, then no doubt TNA would make sure the drug takers of the roster. But until then, TNA will be a place where people on drugs can "make it."

wwe get a bad rap when wrestlers die of drug over doses and most of these superstars havent been on wwe tv in years, so its not wwe's falut at all with all these deaths and so on,they have offered past stars who have drug addictions for free rehab

if wwe didnt really care about thier stars they wouldnt offer people who havent been contracted to wwe for years the chance to help them

it isnt the wwe's falut seriously people should blame the people on drugs,they have a choice and they choose the wrong one,it isnt wwe's falut

there is a difference between wrestling today and wrestling back then and that is small people can be stars if they get into the fans hearts by either getting big pop's or big heat,at the end of the day wwe isnt gonna put the world title or give a push to someone who isnt getting no reaction from fans and thats the way business is,, for example in a normal business if u havent got a product that sells or customers are not interested in you dont put it out.
same as wrestling if a superstar isnt getting no reaction u dont give the push

tna has roughly 20 known meth addicts on their roster, let alone the 10-15 steroid addicts....

rumor even has it that jeff jarrett is the meth/steroid hook up. and subtracts it out of paychecks.

The thing that baffles me the most is that Congress was picking on the WWE, when they are the ones that actually have a drug testing policy. They don't pick on TNA, the company that actually has no drug testing policy. Kurt Angle has to be on something, because without pain killers and all that other shit he takes, the guy can barely fucking walk yet alone wrestle. I think eventually, TNA will have drug problems one way or another.

As someone else mentioned, the WWE doesn't just rely on one single superstar in order to gain ratings. Sure guys like John Cena and Edge help bring in some good numbers, but the WWE can easily survive without them on the show. Without Kurt Angle and Sting, TNA's two biggest draws, the show definately lacks of quality and even of good direction, not to mention the ratings will certainly go down. While one could say that Sting isn't on anything right now, I'm sure a large number of TNA superstars are. In my opinion, Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash and a few others are definately on something.

However I will say this, TNA wrestlers are small compared to WWE superstars. Maybe it's because they have an X Division, or because most of their babyfaces aren't real big men. But eventually, they will have a drug problem on their hands. TNA at this point relies too much on guys like Angle, Sting, Foley and Jarrett. Say if the 4 of them somehow got busted for drugs tomorrow, TNA would certainly have a huge fucking problem on their hands.

well i cant see foley being busted for drugs but i get your point. If the rumor about Jarret is true well lets just say TNA is in a lot of trouble, to say the least.

TNA has a drug testing policy and as a private company it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what it is, IF the wrestlers take drugs or steroids it is up to them THEY ARE ADULTS!

I made up a rumor that vince mcmahon is the steroid connection for the wwe and he tells the lab people who to test. hhh and shane are on crack and jeff hardly is the connection.

TNA wrestlers work maybe 10 days A MONTH for TNA so how can TNA POSSSIBLE CONTROL them.

I remember when Jeff Jarrett was on Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith on ESPN, and Stephen A. asked him if they have a drug testing policy. Jeff said that they test on a "case by case basis".

He said it with kind of a smug smile, so I don't know if he was telling the truth. He probably wasn't.

To be honest, TNA's a private company. They can choose to test their performers or not.

The reason why Congress doesn't bring them in is because TNA isn't nearly as big a company as the WWE.

Also, TNA doesn't have the history of Steroid related deaths that the WWE does.

TNA has a drug testing policy and as a private company it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what it is, IF the wrestlers take drugs or steroids it is up to them THEY ARE ADULTS!

Other than steroids are illegal if they're being used for no medicinal purposes.

TNA wrestlers work maybe 10 days A MONTH for TNA so how can TNA POSSSIBLE CONTROL them.

With a drug testing policy, surely.

I went to school with guy who wanted to join the army, he thought that if he didn't smoke weed for a week he'd pass the drug test. That fool, he's you. I'm sure of it.

I doubt TNA has a drug policy, or if they do its not implemented to any serious degree. But why would they need to? They're a small company thats completely overlooked and all the feds care about is a company, like WWE, whose known on a big scale and who they can make an Impact with by going after when it comes to drugs. No one cares about TNA on a national level for anyone to delve into drug problems within TNA, but anyone who thinks drugs aren't an issue deep down in TNA those people are just clinging to wishful thinking. All you have to do is look at Scott Steiner whose pushed right on TNA television in a prominent role in the MEM. Anyone who thinks Steiner isn't roided up to the max is either blind or stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back