• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drew McIntyre's "The Chosen One" gimmick may return!

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
So here goes a thread about a guy who was handpicked by chairman of the wwe to become the world heavyweight champion, However drew mcintyre was burried after the whole taryn terrell/mcintyre fight. Drew has been a bad jobber then joining with 3man band. But in the few years drew has been on wwe tv, Drew has won the intercontinental. championship. which may surprise a few newer wwe fan! So Its obvious drew didnt work out but everybody deserves a 2nd chance maybe? or maybe not? But i think drew couldve been a great wrestler if gaven the chance. so now there's talk to split drew from the 3 man band and give him the gimmick of the chosen one, which may be huge for him!
the rumor's on the web are saying that vince will turn face and feud with hhh and stephanie now that means hhh guy "randy orton" would face vince's guy ?
but who is vince's guy? John cena is feuding with alberto del rio! So vince has no guy? this would be perfect for drew to be vinces guy! turn face and have a major run.

If there really are rumors for Drew to become The Chosen One again then I fully support it 100%. I really hope that happens, it was such a great character that did not truly get a full chance. That gimmick was amazing and was what would have taken Drew to the very top. He is gifted on the mic as well as in the ring, combine that with the great entrance music he used to have before 3MB and this gimmick, he certainly can pull it off. If it weren't for the drama in the aftermath of the fight with his ex, I believe he would have held the World Heavyweight Championship at least once by now.

Can it work as a face? Perhaps. He could aim for the #3 face spot at best though. Bryan's clearly the #2 behind Cena as far as faces go, and even a McIntyre mark like myself can admit to the fact that he will not be replacing either of them anytime soon at the top. It's a chance to add someone else to the mix in the Best for Business storyline. Let Drew be Vince's guy. I like that idea. It gets him away from 3MB and back into a role where he can be a force to be reckoned with. He's held the Intercontinental Championship and the giant pennies, the a world title run with either of the top belts is still a possibility for him if The Chosen One gimmick comes back. That's really all it would take, and significant time to build him back up. Book it, WWE! Make Drew McIntyre the Chosen One again and have him start off by taking his frustrations out on the other two 3MB members.

There's rumors of him breaking off of 3MB and having a singles run, yes. I haven't heard anything of his "Chosen One" gimmick returning. Frankly, I'd think that would be a mistake given how he's been buried. That's like throwing a "Chosen One" gimmick on Zack Ryder at this point and expecting people to believe it.

That's also the same reason there's absolutely no chance of him being VKM's guy. "HHH, you have a guy. Well I, VKM have my own guy: Drew McIntyre!" Watch the crowd go wild on that one... :disappointed: Big Show is the most likely candidate for VKM's guy if I'd say so.

As for his rumored singles run, good I guess. I like 3MB but they've begun to run their course. Slater is slated as a comedy jobber and he's good at it. Jinder Mahal should be future endeavored (though he might not be if they ever decide to use him as their Indian face over Khali). Drew is the only one with the potential to be a true star. They've given guys like Axel and Barrett multiple chances. I see no reason why McIntyre can't be much better than them.

I haven't heard anything of his "Chosen One" gimmick returning. Frankly, I'd think that would be a mistake given how he's been buried.

I agree. So many folks on this forum regarded the "Chosen One" gimmick as a miserable failure. If it was, then why go back to it? Even if he's to be given a persona that's similar to the Chosen One, call it something else.

Plus, there's are reasons his original gimmick didn't work: he wasn't ready. When you start at the top, there's only one direction to go, right? It was rumored he didn't have the proper attitude at the beginning of his WWE tenure; which seemed to manifest in his not selling well for his opponents and having a rotten disposition backstage. He needed experience and seemed to take McMahon's endorsement too seriously.

All that has changed. His ring repertoire is terrific, he sells like mad and moves around the ring with the agility and control of a much smaller person. When I watched him standing on the corner ringpost (at 6'5) and drop-kick Ryback, who was standing 2/3 of the way across the ring, I wondered why he was still being held back. He's become a consummate performer.

With that choirboy face of his, I don't know why they've never tried him as a good guy, but however they might want to use him, it's time to put all that Taryn-based garbage to rest and give him a real shot.

This time, he's earned it with time and effort.

I've always like Drew McIntyre. He is certainly better than 3MB level and I suppose the only plus that can been seen from his time with them is that he wasn't fired.

I think Drew is good in the ring and has serious potential as a heel. He needs to get rid of Jinder and Slater and move into singles competition with a new gimmick. He should at least be in the mid-card for a while. Intercontinental Champion isn't bad after such a sustained bad run and after he regains some credibility he can move towards the World Title.

I think before he joined 3MB they gave him a little trial face run on Superstars that I think worked pretty for real. I've been a fan of Drew since a little after his debut and hope he gets another chance I'm all for this if it's a good push not break away form 3MB but still continue to job.

Why give him back "The Chosen One" gimmick? It makes no sense because why would Vince/HHH pick someone who loses all the time as a future world champion? (Which was the premise of The Chosen One gimmick)

Why not repackage him in a totally new gimmick? That would be a better choice if they want to use him better.

I'd say repackage the guy too. His chosen one gimmick was okay when he debuted and he showed a lot of potential but blew it somehow. Now, after being in 3MB for too long, he deserves another push. Split them up (Slater in a Ziggler-kind role, Mahal as the Indian guy he used to be when he was up against Khali) and set up McIntyre as the riled up scotsman.

Because that hasn't been mentioned in this thread so far; He's the only proper scotsman now or... well ever I think. Hot Rod was Canadian and relevant 30 odd years ago, so he doesn't really count unless he fills in a manager role or something for the new and improved McIntyre. Let McIntyre use his own background story as a gimmick, like for example Shaemus, Barett and even Finlay have done before. Don't make him the small fish in the big pond, but the other way around; Surround him with characters not unlike himself until he is over with the fans.

The problem with him now being the "Chosen One" is who is doing the choosing? It really can't be Vince - the McMahons are already spending a lot of time being involved in one storyline about "best for business". And it just doesn't seem to make sense having them in the #1 storyline to what would have to be a bottom storyline. I say "bottom" because that leads me to my next point - being in 3MB has put McIntyre so far down the food chain, it would be hard to understand why someone in 3MB, generally looked as a joke, would have enough going about himself to be the "chosen one".

I do think 3MB needs to be abandoned or at the very least McIntire needs to leave and go single or with a UK faction with others like Wade Barrett and Sheamus. After being away from and washing the 3MB stench from himself, he could then possibly pick back up on the "chosen one" gimmick.

While I think Drew suited the "Chosen One" gimmick, its not something you can just start up again after being a jobber, and more recently a COMEDY jobber for several years, no-one would buy into it and it would be ridiculous.

I have always that McIntyre had alot of potential, and still does as he is still only a young guy. I think he is better than being stuck in the ridiculous 3 Man Band, and it's only a matter of time until he leaves the faction and breaks out on his own. He is a good all-round performer and like other posters on here, I do think he would have been World Heavyweight Champion by now had the problems he had not arisen.

He can still get there but I don't want to see a sudden push to the main event like Sheamus received, or an IC Title run out of nowhere like Curtis Axel. Drew needs to prove he can perform as a singles competitor again and work his way back up, there is no reason why he can't do that if WWE give him a chance, he has the talent to make it work and to get back to the upper-mid card at least. Then, and ONLY THEN..should he call himself "The Chosen One" again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back