Dream Survivor Series Team

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
As one of the biggest pay per views approaches, we always picture the great Survivor Series teams that have existed. The Pay Pew Views one of my favourites, just for the fact that we get to see those great teams being made. So if you were to make your team, who would it have on it?

To make it interesting, lets categorize the people on the team.

One Main Eventer
One Power Wrestler
One Midcard Wrestling
One Tag Team

My team would be this:

Tag Team: The Road Warriors. They are power men themselves, and an incredible tag team. They are considered one of the, if not the, greatest tag team of all time (though we shall see after the WZ TTT). They are a team powerful enough to defeat pairs of main eventers.

Power Wrestler: The Undertaker. He stands near 7 feet tall, and has had one of the greatest histories ever for a single wrestler. He shows his agility, he shows his speed, and how often does he get pinned. Greatest Super Heavyweight, and greatest power wrestler ever.

Midcard: Chuck Palumbo. LOL, TM, what are you thinking? I am thinking we need someone to take a beating, allowing the Road Warriors time to refresh. Palumbo was an incredible talent in the WCW who could take a beating.

Main Eventer: Dusty Rhodes. We need that man to lead us, so why not a three time World Champion? Not the polka dot guy from WWF, I mean the good ol' pulling himself up by his bootstraps fellow.

To really create a team, I would have my team drive motorbikes down to the ring. The theme song I would choose is Turn The Page symbolizing the long roads these men have come to meet together as a team.

Turn The Page, great song.

Anyway, my team would be:

Charlie Haas and Rico - They bring comedy value, they are former tag team champions beating the likes of the Dudley's during their epic reign, they bring a shapely manager with them in Miss Jackie. I'd throw their names in for being the greatest tag team of this decade, fuck Legacy, lets have some entertaining wrestlers dammit.

Owen Hart - He's no nugget after all. He'd bring a technical aspect to the team, coupled with being a possible future main eventer unless something really tragic happens and he's just the Blue Chipper you need.

Kane - Masked Kane from his early career obviously, if things get rough, bring in the Machine to clean house and allow the team time to regroup. A few chokeslams later and all is well again. I mean, the guy was unstoppable, if he wasnt so focused on decking him he would've beaten Undertaker at WrestleMania.

The Rock - I was tempted to have Warrior instead but Rock is my current man crush, outside of Paul Gross anyway. He'd lead the team, take the piss out of the other team, and generally be awesome. I could see a team set up for the People's Elbow coming in here.

MY team would consists of guys who could flatout brawl. If you ever saw these guys walk into a bar looking for a fight youd be like "Get the civic, were getting the fuck out of here!" Lets get back to the team.

APA- Wherever they went, all hell broke lose. If you ever wanted to throw with one of them, you got both of them. They could bring the "protection" for the rest of the team.

Vader- He's big, he's mean, he broke Mick Foley's nose. Enough said. Oh yeah, he helped rip his ear off...Sort of.

Chris Benoit- Most people would probably see him as one of the greatest technical wrestlers ever, but he also knew a thing or two about brawling. I was almost gonna say Finlay, but I am more of a Benoit mark. Anyways, hes second-in-command.

Stone Cold- when I think brawler, I think Steve Austin. He embodied what whoopin ass is all about; Arrive. Drink beer. Kick ass. Leave. He would obviously be the leader of the pack.

All together we have Team "Mama said knock you out."
*Name subject to change.

My Teams would be a mix between Different Styles.

Tag Team

Staniels: The reason i chose this team is because i wanted AJ in my team but Knew he wouldn't fit in as Mid carder or a Leader. So With AJ in Tag Team who better for his partner to be than his best friend and some one who has ubelievable chemistry with, Chris Daniels. This team are a mix of styles when together. They can Fly high with the best of them, they can get very Technical, Can take a lickin' and can carry on tickin', are able to brawl with the best of them.

Midcarder

Chris Benoit: Was a choice between him and Eddie G but had to go with Benoit, as i'm looking for a tough team who can brawl yet stay technical, so Benoit fill the bill better. He'd be the guy who'd wear you down the entire match, or work on a body part for it until you tap out.

Powerhouse

Kane from around 2003: This guy was despicable for the end part of this year, i thought he was going to kill Shane, he went so far as to Tombstone Linda onto steel, i'd say worse than Randy RKO'ing Steph, He took loads of punishment but managed to carry out as seen in the Lastman Standing match of Unforgiven 2003 or The Ambulance Match, he could give out more than he took, just ask Shane or RVD

Main Eventer

Shawn Michaels: Who Better than Mr Wrestlemania, The Heartbreak Kid, to lead a great team such as this, just all the others he can give and take all sorts of punishment yet still win, with one of the best finishers ever he's a great leader for this team.

Main Eventer-Bret "Hitman" Hart
-Why not have my dream SS team led by my all time favorite superstar.

Mid Carder-"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
-Lets add one of the best technically sound wrestlers to the group.

Powerhouse-Ken Shamrock
-Dude is a total badass, why not have a guy who has some screws loose on the team.

Tag Team-Los Guerreros
-I mainly put them here because of Eddie, but Chavo, when relevant was pretty decent. He would be the weak link, but he has a strong backing.

Main Eventer: Brock Lesnar-HE'S BROCK FUCKIN LESNAR-He's they guy I want in at the end. He's technically sound power house who can be a major bad ass!

Mid Carder: Rey Mysterio-Mr. Excitement any any match. Plus he could take a beating.

Powerhouse: Hernandez-He could come in a just start tossing people around.

Tag Team: The Outsiders- They defined the term "cool heel"! They have great chemistry and are heat magnets.

For me i'll go with

MainEventer/Leader
Steve austin - This guy has great charisma and in ring abilities!

Tagteam
Rock n sock - LOL there is the most electrifying wrestler and a mad man that doesnt mind going through hell in a cell.

PoweHouse
Big show - this guy is huge! 5 punches from him and the opposing team GG.

Midcarder
Santino marrella - We need someone to make us laugh~ hopefully he does his melina split again.

Okay, here's mine, complete with opponents!

Babyface Side

Main Eventer - Hulk Hogan. Say what you will, but he was among the greatest Survivor Series competitors of all time. A classic hot tag recipient, and always relevant to the feud at hand.

Power Wrestler - Andre the Giant. Ah, Big Andre! He could pass for the Main Eventer, but I'd rather have him as Hogan's giant. I'd be using him from his babyface days around Wrestlemania 2, since he was a heel for most of his Survivor Series-era WWE tenure.

Mid Carder - Bret Hart, circa 1991-92. The IC Champ Bret Hart, fresh off the win over Mr. Perfect. This guy could freshen up a match and take a sudden, momentum changing pinfall. He could also take punishment before finally making the hot tag to Hogan.

Tag Team - Strike Force. Tito Santana was actually a great Survivor Series participant, as was Rick Martel. Tito survived against Sgt. Slaughter to be a sole survivor on his team, and Martel's team "The Visionaries" was the first to go 4-0. Give me the exciting babyface tag team here.

And I'd have them face...

Main Eventer - "Macho King" Randy Savage. Give me Savage, pre-Wrestlemania 5. With the belt. Taunting Hogan and Elizabeth. Classic work from Savage here, and an all time great in Survivor Series matches.

Power Wrestler - Big Van Vader. Am I a bit of a homer here? Perhaps. Vader doesn't have the Survivor Series resume as would a Bam Bam Bigelow or some others, but I'd take it here just to know I could potentially see him match up against Hogan or Andre.

Mid-Carder - Ted DiBiase Sr. or Jake Roberts. Either or. Both men were more main event than mid-card, and neither held a major WWE singles title. DiBiase main evented Wrestlemania 4, but outside that they always played 2nd fiddle.

Tag Team - The Brain Busters. When I think of the perfect tag team to play up to a heel Savage, I think of the two-some who did it so effectively for Ric Flair in the NWA. Give me Anderson and Blanchard here as a pair of tag team surgeons. They slow down action like classic heels, and I'd watch them work over Bret Hart for hours.

I would like to start with adding my love for Survivor Series. The matches are something different and interesting and something which should never, ever, change.

The whole point about having a Survivor Series team is to have a team that will be able to resist a beating. There's no need having people with a glass jaw in your team, you want the team to last as long as possible. So with that in mind, my team would be:

Tag Team: BoD Kane and Undertaker are not the greatest tag team ever. What it was, though, was two monsters who are nigh on impossible to pin to the mat. You can count on these two to hurt the opposition and to hang around for quite a while.

Midcarder Chris Jericho. He has to be one of the greatest mid card wrestlers in history. He is someone who hurts opponents in the ring, and gradually wears them down. Also, especially in his current persona, he is brilliant at taking advantage of someone elses work. Kane and 'Taker would weaken someone, Jericho would finish them off. If he does get eliminated, no biggy. The rest think he's a prick anyway.

Power wrestler: Andre the Giant How the hell are they going to pin Andre? They won't even be able to knock him off his feet. He could take on two or three opponents by himself. Once this team has the numerical advantage it's over, as it would likely take all five to remove this man.

Main Eventer: Hulk Hogan If they thought getting rid of 'Taker and Andre was hard, this is tougher yet. Hogan has kicked out of pretty much everything in his career. ALso, with him on your side you are guarateed to have the crowd on your side. The opponents could be Stone Cold, The Rock, Ric Flair, Sting and Bret Hart and Hogan would still get cheers. And he would beat them all, especially with this team backing him up.

This would be my ultimate Survivor Series Team, made up of wrestlers from both the current WWE and TNA rosters; assuming they have all turned heel and have a common objective...

Main Eventer: Randy Orton. Someone who is believable as a leader, can direct traffic, and can claim the victory for himself at the end.

Power Wrestler: Matt Morgan. Possibly the best big man in the business at the moment, someone who can dominate even the muscleheads like Cena and Batista.

Midcard Wrestler: Samoa Joe. The Nation of Violence can be unleashed with reckless abandon and zeal in a Survivor Series environment.

Tag Team: Chris Jericho and Big Show. Two of the most dominant and talented performers of the past generation. Some brains and brawn to help out Orton in his cause. Plus, their entrance music kicks serious ass.

Ok here's my team:

Tag Team: Demolition. One of the most dominant tag teams of the late 1980s and early 1990s. I'm talking about Ax and Smash, not Crush.

Power Guy: Don Muraco. Very Underrated wrestler, former multiple IC champ.

Mid Card Guy (or guy to take a beating): Shawn Stasiak. Why? Just because someone needs to take a beating, why not have him do it.

Main Eventer: Hulk Hogan. What more needs to be said that hasn't already been said about this legendary entertainer? Former Six Time WWE Champion, former multi time WCW champion, former WWE Tag Team Champion.

My Survivor Series Dream Team would be the collection of my favorite Superstars of all time. I won’t follow the same formula of Main Eventer / Power Wrestler / Mid-Carder / Tag Team, but I will label them. Instead, I will pick the starting 5 and add a manager. Of course this is all in their respective primes, obviously. I don’t want to get into everything each of them have done in Professional Wrestling / Sports Entertainment, so I’ll just add a link to the list of Championships and Accomplishments they have achieved.

Mid – Carder : The Icon of WWE, Chris Jericho
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jericho#Championships_and_accomplishments

Tag Team : The Icon of Raw, Stone Cold Steve Austin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Cold_Steve_Austin#Championships_and_accomplishments

Tag Team : The Icon of Smackdown, The Rock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson#Championships_and_accomplishments

"Power" : The Icon of TNA, Kurt Angle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Angle#Championships_and_accomplishments

Leader
The Icon of WWF, Hulk Hogan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_Hogan#Championships_and_accomplishments

Manager
The Icon of WCW, Ric Flair
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ric_Flair#Championships_and_accomplishments

My version of the “M. E. Mob” can be viewed as the greatest collection of World Champions…never created. They all have had World Titles, Tag Team Titles and Survivor Series Elimination Style Match experience. They all know what to do in the ring and I’m sure they can beat any combination of 5 Superstars that anyone can put together, in reality (actual Stables or Survivor Series / War Games / Lockdown Teams) or in the Matrix (Mark / Smart / SMark created Teams).

Even the team of John Cena and “The Rated X Evolution” (Edge, Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton with HBK as the manager) would be defeated by the Icons of Professional Wrestling / Sports Entertainment.

Even the team of Andre the Giant, Big Show, the Brothers of Destruction, and the Great Khali (or Sid or Nash or Vader or Yokozuna) would fall to my Dream Team.

Actually, these other two teams look pretty good on paper. They maybe my second and third Team. HA#@HA#@!!

I’d love to see a “Survivor War–Lock” Match with some of these teams we all created!!

My team would be as follows :

Main Eventer/Leader - Kurt Angle. As shown currently in TNA he can play the leader role very well. He is also very dominate despite not being the largest guy out there.

Tag Team - Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. These two were some of the greatest around. Benoit was an amazing mat technician in his time and proved to me time and time again why he could hang with the big boys even though he was never quite a complete main eventer. And Chris Jericho is Chris Jericho. I would currently have to say he is the best veteran the WWE has to offer in the fact of he is very solid in the ring and has a ton of experience.

Power Wrestler - Brock Lesnar. Any man who can superplex the Big Show is powerful by my books. Brock Lesnar was amazing in his time in the WWE. He was an excellent world champion and was always very strong/dominant in the ring. I would look for him to crush the smaller guys on the other team.

Mid Carder - John Morrison. I love his work. From his days as part of MNM up til now I have followed and been a fan of his. He is amazing in the ring. Alot of his " high risk " top rope maneuvers are insane and I have never seen half of them. He is very solid in the ring and also potentially a part of the future of the company. He could use the rub of working with these guys.

Main-Event- Kurt Angle

Powerhouse-Brock Lesnar

Mid-Carder- Owen Hart

Tag Team- Steiners

This team could stretch you, throw you, or make you tap when working together. It could also be highly entertaining if there was a bunch of in-fighting between them.

The Untouchables.... all workers are used while in their prime using my Flux Capacitor

Tag Team....
I as well would love to choose Strike Force. It's great to see someone else loved them. They were no doubt my favorite team ever, still getting mentions in wrestling conversations to this day. Tito/Rick were awesome. BUT I'm going with Edge & Christian. Man this is going to reek of awesomenes

Mid Carder...
This is a tough one, and part of me wants to go with Curt Henning but I believe I must choose Marty Jannety. No doubt this guy could go. Just for one reason or another it never got there. But this is where I would go.

Powerhouse...
There aren't too many "powerhouse" guys I'm a huge fan of. But if I had to go with one, I'd pick Matt Morgan. Someone who's work I love and think would be a great compliment to my team's chemistry and dynamic.

And my Main Eventer...
Chris Jericho. The man is one of the greatest ever in the ring, on the mic, whether heel or face. It is a no-brainer for me, especially with the dynamic I created.

Matter of fact I think I just got a great idea for a new sig.... mwuahahah

And for their song I choose "Breaking You Down" by Plusminus X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back