DREAM.13

jmt225

Global Moderator
al5jzl.jpg

Main card

• DREAM Featherweight Championship bout: Bibiano Fernandes (champion) vs. Joachim Hansen
  • Lightweight bout: Katsunori Kikuno vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
  • Heavyweight bout: Josh Barnett vs. Siala-Mou "Mighty Mo" Siligia
  • Lightweight bout: KJ Noons vs. Andre Amade
  • Welterweight bout: Ryo Chonan vs. Andrews Nakahara
  • Openweight bout: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Jimmy Ambriz
  • Bantamweight bout: Cole Escovedo vs. Yoshiro Maeda

......................................................................................​

Trying to bring a little Japanese flavor to the forum, and this DREAM.13 is a great place to start, since this card is looking pretty good right now. Keep in mind this card is far from finalized. Marius vs. Kiyoshi for one is not a sure thing, and both Tim Sylvia and Josh Barnett could have fights on this card.

Anyway, let's look at how it's set up now.

If Marius Zaromskis vs. Kiyoshi does happen, then man... that's going to be a war. Marius of course fought only a month ago in a loss against Nick Diaz, so you now he's going to be looking to bounce back from that one as fiercely and quickly as possible. Kiyoshi though is no joke. He hasn't had a fight since December of 2008, but that honestly doesn't mean shit, especially when you consider that last fight was a victory over perhaps the greatest MMA fighter who's ever lived, Kazushi Sakuraba. So, yeah... hopefully this fight does go down, because it should be a great one. I'll predict Marius for the win, but anything can happen in this one.

Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joachim Hansen should be a great, great fight. This is Hansen's first fight at Featherweight, after a long run in the Lightweight Division, where he pulled off one of the biggest upsets of all time when he defeated Shinya Aoki (Aoki would avenge the loss a few months later, however). As far as Bibiano Fernandes is concerned... he's 7-2, with those two losses being against Urijah Faber and Kid Yamamoto, who many consider the two greatest Featherweights of all time at this point, in the 2nd and 3rd fights pf his career. So, this is a very interesting fight. Hard to make a prediction, but I think Fernandes will catch Hansen on the ground eventually.

Katsunori Kikuno vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka doesn't really interest me. I've only seen both fighters fight a couple of times, so I'm kind of ignorant on this match-up.

KJ Noons is FINALLY making his MMA return, and it's against pretty much a can. I've seen Andre Amade fight twice, and neither time was he impressive in the slightest bit. KJ Noons should be able to win this one with ease by knockout, as long as he is able to keep it standing (which he should be able to as his takedown defense is pretty damn good).

And Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Jimmy Ambriz is supposed to be Minowa's final fight, so that's going to be something special to see. Minowa's MMA career started off absolutely horrible, with a record of 2-9-3. However he would eventually find himself in the sport, and go on obtain a current record of 44-30, while fighting against some of the greatest Mixed Martial Artist in history. He's also on a current 3-fight win streak. So, as you can see.... it's been a long road for Minowa; here's hoping he's able to have an awesome send-off.

The main card has been updated.

Looks like the show will be opening with a Bantamweight bout between Cole Escovedo and Yoshiro Maeda. Meh, to be completely honest, I'm not too familiar with either competitor. I've seen them both fight a couple of times, but neither have ever stood out for me.

But in bigger news, Josh Barnett has indeed been added to the card, and this will be his first fight since having to drop out of the Fedor fight back in August. His opponent is some clown nickenamed Mighty Mo. Apparently he's a Kickboxer with a 4-1 MMA Record. No of those wins, however, were against anybody worth noting. So, yeah... basically a can for Barnett. But at least it's a good sign to see him going back in there. Steroid scandal or not, the fact of the matter is that Barnett's one of the best Heavyweight fighters in the World, so it'll be nice to see him start working up towards tougher competition.

I am fucking excited to see how Zaromsksis does coming off his loss to Diaz. It wasn't that long ago and I really wonder how healthy and how good his camp was. Hopefully he comes out and kicks some ass.

I have been a fan of Hansen for awhile now and it is nice to see him challenging for a belt. I don't know if he has what it takes to actually win the belt but I expect his fight to be exciting.

KJ Noons return intrigues me. I wonder if he will have any ring rust or if he will look better then ever. Either way I want to see him in a Strikeforce ring next.

I don't really care about Barnett returning. Yes he is a top level Heavyweight but I am actually hoping he gets knocked out in his fight. I am not a fan of the man and will not be cheering for him, ever.

The main card has been updated. Unfortunately, Marius Zaromskis vs. Kiyoshi Tamura has been called off. Well, I say unfortunately, but it's really fortunate for Tamura, because he was going to die in this one.

But it goes to show just how minor league DREAM is, to call off a main event four days before the show happens, with no explanation given. That really, really sucks.

Nevertheless, I'm still going to check the show out. Regardless of the main event getting called off, it's still a pretty decent card. Hopefully the fights deliver...

I'm kind of sorry I wasted my time making this thread. What a terrible, boring fucking show this turn out to be.

Here are the results for anyone who gives a damn:

Featherweight Championship bout: Bibiano Fernandes (c) vs. Joachim Hansen

Fernandes defeated Hansen via split decision at 5:00 of round 2.

Heavyweight bout: Josh Barnett vs. Siala "Mighty Mo" Siligia

Barnett defeated Siligia via submission (Kimura) at 4:41 of round 1.

Catchweight (72kg) bout: KJ Noons vs. Andre Amade

Noons defeated Amade via unanimous decision at 5:00 of round 2.

Welterweight bout: Ryo Chonan vs. Andrews Nakahara

Chonan defeated Nakahara via unanimous decision at 5:00 of round 2.

Featherweight bout: Cole Escovedo vs. Yoshiro Maeda

Escovedo defeated Maeda via KO (Head Kick) at 2:29 of round 1.

Lightweight bout: Katsunori Kikuno vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka

Kikuno defeated Hironaka via KO (Strikes) at 1:26 of round 1.

Openweight bout: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Jimmy Ambriz

Minowa defeated Ambriz via Submission (Toe Hold) at 2:42 of round 2.

Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joachim Hansen did not turn out to be the barn-burner everyone thought and was hoping it'd be. It was just a bunch of takedowns, and Fernnandes laying on top of Hansen. That's literally it. Poor main event, to say the least.

Barnett vs. Mighty Mo was another piece of shit. Mighty Mo actually rocked Barnett at the beginning of the fight, but that was the most interesting thing to happen. After that, Barnett accidentally hit Mighty Mo below the belt, and Mighty Mo took forever to finally fight again (it took a lot of convincing from officials for him not to call for the DQ, which kind of shows just how shady Japanese MMA can be). Not long after the fight restarted, Barnett caught Mighty Mo with a Double Wristlock and that was that.

KJ Noons vs. Andre Amade was an another borefest. Amade just avoided Noons' stand-up the entire fight, and that was it. Horrible.

Cole Escovedo vs. Yoshiro Maeda was one of the few bright spots on the show. Escovedo's headkick on Maeda was absolutely brutal, and an early candidate for Knockout of the Year. What made it even more bad ass though was that Escovedo was getting his ass kicked before nailing that shot. Very, very cool fight, check it out:

[YOUTUBE]YinJAM9Mgco[/YOUTUBE]​

Katsunori Kikuno kicked Kuniyoshi Hironaka's ass in just a minute. Nothing else to say about it.

And finally... Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Jimmy Ambriz was actually a pretty damn good/fun fight. Minowa was getting manhandled, but still managed to catch Ambriz (who outweighed Minowa by something like 80 pounds I believe) in a toehold to tap his ass out. This is supposedly Minowa's last fight, and I personally hope it is. Great way for him to go out, if you ask me.

Watching this was boring, even worse cause where i live we only get the UFC ppvs live (4 in the morning, awesome!:rolleyes:) so i watched this on a bad stream.

Minowa does like always, get punched a little bit and then grabs your foot and submits you. I have not seen anything that this is his last fight but if it is he went out with a win so good for him. If he is not retiring maybe he will enter the LHW tournament.

Kikuno dominated Hironaka, enough said.

Escovedo could get ko of the year, that combo was just magic. Maeda looked dead after the kick, nasty.

Chonan won but did not impress me that much, maybe he did i dont really remember:p

Noons won, good for him i guess, fight sucked hard.

Barnett looked really bad and had trouble getting Mo down, and that nutkick killed the fight. How long time did he get to recover Mo, it was like 12 min or something like that.

Bibiano won via takedowns and Hansen did not look like he cut the weight that good. Not so good main event.

I usually enjoy the Dream cards but this one was not that great, with the LHW tournament coming up the fights will get better i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back