• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Draft shakeup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smark Henry

Dark Match Winner
So I've heard there is going to be a huge shakeup of the main event landscape in the WWE after the draft. Mynetwork tv is going to be airing lots of reruns on the network. So there will be a large amount of main event talent moving from smackdown to raw. Thats the rumor. So what do you think the Raw roster will look like. Here is an example:

Main Event

WWE Champion: Randy Orton
John Cena
Triple H
Edge
Undertaker
Shawn Michaels

Midcard

Intercontinental Champion: JBL
CM Punk
Jack Swagger
John Morrison
The Miz
William Regal

Tag Teams

World Tag Team Championship: Miz & Morrison
Cryme Time
DX
Priceless

Women

Womens Champion: Melina
Beth Phoenix
Michelle McCool
Maryse
Maria
Jillian
Layla

What do you guys think? Its my first thread so I hope you guys like it.

I would disagree only with Jack Swagger - I personally see him moving more towards smackdown with Christian moving to RAW and seeing a small reunion with Edge to battle as heels against DX but thats likely to be mostly down to my own hopes haha

I think its a little to soon for an Edge/Christan reunion. But whatever happens I do hope they rebuild the tag teams that was a big part of wrestling and now its taken a back seat. They need to rebuild all the title pictures IC has lost its meaning that use to me the IC champ would one day elevate himself from mid carder to the main eventer. Maybe bring back an old tag team to help boost the tag team ranks for awhile? Maybe we'll finally see a New Hart Foundation? (Hart Foundation 2.0) so many options with these 2nd and 3rd generation wrestlers.

If you notice on ECW Nattie is wearing the Hart Foundation colors, could it be a tease? Tyson Kidd is pretty good I could see him winning a title in a few years maybe.

When they say Raw will be getting some serious A-grade talent, I don't think they will literally be taking it all. I doubt 'Taker will be coming back to Raw anytime soon, though I could see Edge on his way to the "red show".

It kills me that SD is going back to being the "B" show again - the last 12 months it's been brilliant, and the build-up to WM has meant that both Raw AND SD are unmissable. I personally can see some talent losing steam, particularly the upper-mid card such as Punk and Morrison that you've mentioned.

i think that your roster seems pretty good,i would only have to disagree with the women,you have every women being heel except for maria.i think it should be more like this:

Beth Phoenix
Michelle McCool
Maryse
kelly kelly
melina
and the bella twins
and maybe even natalya,But i think natalya is very unlikely do to her managing Kidd.

Also who does that leave for smackdowns main event? remember that they can have young guys in their main event but they still need someone that is credible so i would have to say john cena on smackdowns main event.

So smackdowns main event will look like this:

John Cena
Chris jericho
Batista
Maybe christian
Big show
Maybe MVP
Rey mysterio
and if they want Kane.

Also i would add a little bit more star power to your mid-card like chavo guerrero,kofi.or maybe even knox

When it comes to who's going where, I think it mostly doesn't matter insofar that a few basic notions are met:

1) Rey Rey does to Smackdown - Why they ever put him on Raw simply baffles me.

2) Kane and Big Show remain on separate brands - Each of the two brands needs it's own "monster". (of course this should come with a giant Kane push... but that's just my wishful thinking)

3) Cena, Batista and HHH cannot all be on the same show - The top 3 big faces need to
be spread around a bit.

4) Edge, Orton and Jericho cannot all be on the same show - The top 3 big heels to be be spread around a bit.

5) Melina and Mickie James cannot be on the same show - The top 2 female faces (that can do something approaching "wrestling") should not be on the same show if there are 2 separate divas brands.

6) Beth Phoenix and Michelle McCool cannot be on the same show - The top 2 female heels (that can do something approaching "wrestling") should not be on the same show if there are 2 separate divas brands.

7) The Undertaker and HBK need to be kept on separate brands - Strictly because they work part time schedules. Having two top guys not work house shows be on the same brand would weaken the events.

8) Christian has to go to either Raw or Smackdown - Let's face it, ECW is a glorified training facility. Established stars should not be there for any extended period of time.

Two more radical changes I would make:

A) Consolidate the divas to a single brand and trim off the ones that cannot work or cut a promo (sorry Maryse... heck, I live in Montreal and I can't stand watching you in the ring or talk). There simply aren't enough divas that can put on a passable match right now to support 2 brands. Even worse, they take one of them and shove her on ECW.

b) Consolidate the tag team divisions to a single brand. Quick, name all the WWE tag teams. Unless WWE wants to support the tag team division (and they have shown no indication that this is the case), these teams should be consolidated to a single show.

1) Rey Rey does to Smackdown - Why they ever put him on Raw simply baffles me.[

I happen to like Mysterio on Raw. He's refreshingly stayed in the midcard for the most part while having the occassional main event match as a typical upper midcarders should. Unfortuantely it looks as though he will be moved to smackdown.

2) Kane and Big Show remain on separate brands - Each of the two brands needs it's own "monster". (of course this should come with a giant Kane push... but that's just my wishful thinking)

I think Kane and Show will stay on their current brands. Kane was just drafted last year and Big Show has been pretty good on Smackdown. Maybe Show will move next year.

3) Cena, Batista and HHH cannot all be on the same show - The top 3 big faces need to
be spread around a bit.

Yeah I'd move Batista to smackdown and move Triple H back over to Raw. Triple H has been good on Raw in the past. While I thought Batista was better on the blue brand.

4) Edge, Orton and Jericho cannot all be on the same show - The top 3 big heels to be be spread around a bit.

I expect a move to smackdown for Jericho and Edge to return to Raw. I miss seeing Edge on the Raw brand and Jericho moving to Smackdown could be could for his career as he wouldn't be lost in the shuffle on Raw.

5) Melina and Mickie James cannot be on the same show - The top 2 female faces (that can do something approaching "wrestling") should not be on the same show if there are 2 separate divas brands.

I think Mickie will be the one to move to Smackdown. She has done nothing of note since losing the womens title. A move to the blue brand would be good for Mickie.

6) Beth Phoenix and Michelle McCool cannot be on the same show - The top 2 female heels (that can do something approaching "wrestling") should not be on the same show if there are 2 separate divas brands.

I disagree here I think McCool should come to Raw and Beth should stay. Michelle is one of the best in WWE today she should be on the best brand. But she might not move because Taker is on SD.

7) The Undertaker and HBK need to be kept on separate brands - Strictly because they work part time schedules. Having two top guys not work house shows be on the same brand would weaken the events.

HBK will not go to smackdown which would mean Taker would stay according to your criteria. He has wednesday evening church services and they are very important to him. Smackdown is taped on tuesday nights so it just wouldn't work.

8) Christian has to go to either Raw or Smackdown - Let's face it, ECW is a glorified training facility. Established stars should not be there for any extended period of time.

I love Christian but when he came out on Raw eight days ago he got zero reaction and thats never good. Maybe his pop on Smackdown would be bigger but for right now staying on ECW might be whats best for Captain Charisma.

Two more radical changes I would make:

A) Consolidate the divas to a single brand and trim off the ones that cannot work or cut a promo (sorry Maryse... heck, I live in Montreal and I can't stand watching you in the ring or talk). There simply aren't enough divas that can put on a passable match right now to support 2 brands. Even worse, they take one of them and shove her on ECW.

b) Consolidate the tag team divisions to a single brand. Quick, name all the WWE tag teams. Unless WWE wants to support the tag team division (and they have shown no indication that this is the case), these teams should be consolidated to a single show.

It will never happen. Vince won't admit hes wrong and he doesnt care about those divisions enough to bother.

I happen to like Mysterio on Raw. He's refreshingly stayed in the midcard for the most part while having the occassional main event match as a typical upper midcarders should. Unfortuantely it looks as though he will be moved to smackdown.

From a business perspective, I believe WWE wants to use him to capitalize on the Hispanic demo on Smacjdown, which is as good a reason as any. For me, I'm sick and tired of his David vs Goliath feuds. Smackdown is admitedly little better than RAW, but I can see him settling into the midcard and feuding with guys like Shelton and Matt Hardy, which are much more believable feuds for Rey.

I think Kane and Show will stay on their current brands. Kane was just drafted last year and Big Show has been pretty good on Smackdown. Maybe Show will move next year.

I doubt very highly that Show would move, but given their track record with Kane, it wouldn't shock me if they decided to him for no particular reason.

Yeah I'd move Batista to smackdown and move Triple H back over to Raw. Triple H has been good on Raw in the past. While I thought Batista was better on the blue brand.

I would love it if they put Batista on Smackdown and then slowly, nice and slowly turned him heel.

I expect a move to smackdown for Jericho and Edge to return to Raw. I miss seeing Edge on the Raw brand and Jericho moving to Smackdown could be could for his career as he wouldn't be lost in the shuffle on Raw.

I think that Jericho could work on Smackdown, but wonder about Edge on Raw. He's been so wrapped into the jaw dropping amount of heat that Vickie draws that I don't know how he would work on Raw without her.

I think Mickie will be the one to move to Smackdown. She has done nothing of note since losing the womens title. A move to the blue brand would be good for Mickie.

I personally would move Melina. Primarily once again to hit that Hispanic demo, but also because I genuinely think that Mickie is the better worker and draws a better pop from the crowd.

I disagree here I think McCool should come to Raw and Beth should stay. Michelle is one of the best in WWE today she should be on the best brand. But she might not move because Taker is on SD.

We'll have to agree to disagree there. ;) To me, Beth is the top diva in WWE right now, and I'd love to keep her on the A show.

HBK will not go to smackdown which would mean Taker would stay according to your criteria. He has wednesday evening church services and they are very important to him. Smackdown is taped on tuesday nights so it just wouldn't work.

Agreed. I actually don't see either one moving. At this point, they are almost iconic to their respective brands anyway, and moving them wouldn't actually accomplish much.

I love Christian but when he came out on Raw eight days ago he got zero reaction and thats never good. Maybe his pop on Smackdown would be bigger but for right now staying on ECW might be whats best for Captain Charisma.

I will freely admit that I am Christian mark. I think that WWE did him a horrible disservice in the method they chose to bring him back. With no buildup and no angle to insert him in (after the Edge/Hardy thing fell through) they really screwed the pooch. I still think that he can become a good draw though. I would definitely put him on Smackdown though. The mid-card division is so good there right now, and around his size level that he would fit right in.

It will never happen. Vince won't admit hes wrong and he doesnt care about those divisions enough to bother.

Complete agreement. I just miss the old days when the tag team division was worth watching. And honestly, I am sick and tired of Divas that can't wrestle or cut a promo. Eye candy is nice and all, but it's already been proven that there exists eye candy that do it all.

Although I agree with u on most of the big names wanna talk a bit bout the lower mid carders like santino, kendrick etc.
Personally I wanna see santino move to ecw to build himself up again into a credible wrestler. They are just wasting his talents. Same goes for kendrik/zeke combo. They should start establishing themselves as a strong tag team. I can see zeke as the next bautista kinda breakout star.

Also there is a new show starting out for wwe as well (superstars). What they gonna do there

Also for u all that wanna move mysterio to smackdown. He is challenging jbl at WM for the IC belt. So if he was to move then u would have the US, IC (cause jbl is gonna be on smackdown) and they also need a world title to stay on smackdown as well. I just don't know how wwe is gonna manage to have that many titles on 1 show. Doesn't make any sense

Agree???

Although I agree with u on most of the big names wanna talk a bit bout the lower mid carders like santino, kendrick etc.
Personally I wanna see santino move to ecw to build himself up again into a credible wrestler. They are just wasting his talents. Same goes for kendrik/zeke combo. They should start establishing themselves as a strong tag team. I can see zeke as the next bautista kinda breakout star.

Also there is a new show starting out for wwe as well (superstars). What they gonna do there

Also for u all that wanna move mysterio to smackdown. He is challenging jbl at WM for the IC belt. So if he was to move then u would have the US, IC (cause jbl is gonna be on smackdown) and they also need a world title to stay on smackdown as well. I just don't know how wwe is gonna manage to have that many titles on 1 show. Doesn't make any sense

Agree???

JBL isn't going to Smackdown. He is good friends with Vince and retiring soon anyway. He will stay on Raw and he won't lose the IC title. Rey will go to smackdown and feud with different people over the US title maybe the world or wwe title too(whichever one stays).

I hope they don't screw up SD too much. It's clearly been better than Raw for some time now. I look forward to it a lot more than Raw. I don't know why they think they have to make sure Raw is the A-show.

First things first...Even though Vince wants RAW to become the true flagship show after Wrestlemania, he still needs to balance out the rest of the roster between the two other shows if he wants them to not only survive, but to hopefully breathe new life into them and boost up their ratings/attendance numbers.

Smackdown should drop the WWE Tag Team Belts and keep just the World Tag Team Belts and they should move the Diva's Championship belt to ECW.

Not to mention...ECW should also revive the Cruiserweight belt to help boost ECW to a whole new level.

Brand Cards:

RAW:
Heavyweight Division:
Batista
Chris Jericho
Edge
JBL
John Cena
Mike Knox
Randy Orton
Shawn Michaels
Triple H

Divas:
Beth Phoenix
Kelly Kelly
Maryse
Melina
Michelle McCool
Mickie James
Natalya

I-C Division:
Charlie Haas
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Jeff Hardy
Mr. Kennedy
Santino Marella
Shelton Benjamin
Ted DiBiase
William Regal

SMACKDOWN!:
Heavyweight Division:
Big Show
Christian
Kane
Mark Henry (w/ or w/o Tony Atlas)
Matt Hardy
The Great Khali (w/ Ranjin Singh)
Umaga
The Undertaker

Divas/"Managers":
Brie Bella
Eve
Layla
Nikki Bella
Rosa Mendes

Tag Team Division:
Carlito
Curt Hawkins
Festus
Jesse
John Morrison
JTG
Primo
Shad
The Miz
Zack Ryder

U.S. Division:
DH Smith
Kofi Kingston
MVP
R-Truth
(could also use some of the tag team superstars as well)

ECW:
Heavyweight Division:
DJ Gabriel
Dolph Ziggler
Ezekiel Jackson
Finlay (w/ Hornswoggle)
Jack Swagger
Paul Burchill
Ricky Ortiz
Sim Snuka
Tommy Dreamer
Vladimir Kozlov

Divas Division:
Alicia Fox
Candice
Jillian
Katie Lea Burchill
Maria

Cruiserweight Division:
Chavo Guerrero
Evan Bourne
Hurricane Helms
Jamie Noble
Jimmy Wang Yang
Rey Mysterio **Could also be in Heavyweight Division as well**
The Brian Kendrick
Tyson Kidd

So there it is...I'm really curious to see what other people think of these new rosters...I know there's a lot of superstars that change brands on my lists...however the live broadcast on RAW really only changes about 4-8 wrestlers, while the supplemental draft changes much more superstars.

Please leave me some feedback! I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

cbfed making all the division stuff and these are the changes only not the roster

RAW
Shelton Benjamin - to freshen up the Mid Card and maybe even a push to Main Event
MVP - to start his Main Event career maybe even a feud with JBL to get him on his feet and some credibility
Ezekiel Jackson - starting his career as a singles wrestler away from TBK and feuding with Midcarders
Undertaker - a heel turn is necessary an to bring him onto a new show sick of him on SD and feud with Kane
Edge - RAW needs a top heel (if taker doesn't turn) and some Main Eventers
Maryse - she is hot, so i would like to see her live
J.R - his rightful home is RAW with the King
John Morrison - a necessary split from The Miz with a face turn and maybe a run with the IC title
Mark Henry - great heel stuck in upper-midcard, wont go anywhere else should be on RAW
Alicia Fox - I don't know why i just see her being Ezekiel Jackson's Girlfriend

Smackdown
The Miz - splitting from John Morrison and getting a run as US champ, sure to be top heel
Jack Swagger - with a face turn could do some great things in midcard could be a great face
Theodore Long - with J.R gone he could Broadcast with Tazz or even be CO-GM with Vickie again with each of them having there own stables fighting over the show
Randy Orton - he will be the top heel on SD having a lengthy feud with HHH
Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes - following Orton
Shawn Micheals - he and Taker can't be on the same show after there epic battle at Mania it should be put of for a classic rematch and could help Triple H with the Legacy only to turn on him and join the Legacy
John Cena - SD is known as the kids show as he is the greatest draw for kids he should be on SD feuding with Big Show (not involving the title)
Santino Marella - as he is funny kids will find him hilarious better of on SD
CM Punk - with a heel turn could get some big heat even getting a push to Main Event status
Cryme Tyme - there is no need for them to be on RAW as there is no other tag teams on RAW
Jillian - she is funny to laugh at kids would love her on SD
Layla - maybe a push into the title scene

ECW
William Regal - could feud with Christian, they would have awesome matches
Jamie Noble - could actually not be jobbing if moved to ECW
Charlie Haas - same as Jamie Noble
Dolph Ziggler - with a huge push could enter the ECW title picture and be very hated
Hacksaw Jim Duggan - on ECW he could actually get some time to job to people and fans seem to like him
Candice Michelle - she sucks so she has to be on ECW
DH Smith - tagging with Tyson Kidd probably the best move for him right now
Jimmy Wang Yang - form a tag team with Kung Fu Naki
Kung Fu Naki - form a tag team with Jimmy Wang Yang
Hawkins & Ryder - makes a tag team division on ECW and they get no airtime on SD so what the point of them bieng on SD
Natalya - i guess she has to manage Kidd & Smith
R-Truth - could be top face on ECW, nothing for him on SD
Hurricane Helms - could be a badass heel

I agree a shake up is in order so I say this would be good:

Going to Smackdown:
Cena
Jericho
Rey
Batista
Mickie James
Kofi Kingston
Santino Marella(he needs a change and he is too funny to waste)

Going to Raw:
HHH
Edge
MVP
Chavo Guerrero(he also needs a change and could feud with CM Punk)
RTruth
Undertaker
Eve Torres(Someone who needs a change because she is boring on Smackdown already)

The Draft. Well the only problem i have with the draft is whats going to happen in the future. Look at Kofi Kingston. He was great on Ecw. They moved him to Raw to better his carrer. He won the IC title, and kept it a few months. But then what went wrong? He lost the IC title to a low mid-carder. Santino Marrela. So I think Raw should get the big names, and Ecw and SmackDown should get mid-carders to make them better. Such as Cm Punk, Kofi Kingston, Mike Knox, Rey Mysterio, and the likes of Kane.

Well I heard Vince wants to make Raw the A show again which is no surprise to me cause the draft AlwayS seams to benefit Raw. anyway.Last year a shitload of champs. (Rey.CmP.Batista.Kane) went to Raw, while SD seamed to get wrestlers from the IC level (Jeff.Umaga.Shelton.Carlito),,ok & daddy H,granted.
.In previous years though Benoit was meant to go to ECW &,,didnt,who took his place?-nobody.Yet Holly was meant to go from ECW to SD & ends up on Raw pushing Cody,no explanation given.Little things like that make it seam obvious & slightly unfair.
Not that I hate Raw but considering its ThE LiVe A" show where all the megastars & legends wanna be.Whenever recorded afterthought B" show SD outdoes Raw,,like when Longs enthuiastic NTI outshone Eric.,& allegedly speeded up his demise,I have to laugh & go Neugh-neugh nee neugh neugh! & other mature phrases.
In truth Im more looking forward to the Draft than WM.Two world titles held on SD.An all diva ECW planned.A unified Tag match on WM.Whats gonna happen? While Im anticipating big things I also feel the day after III be thinking "Oh,is that it?-again!"

If McMahon plans on robbing Smackdown blind, and taking away any ECW talent, he seriously at this point needs to just end the Roster Split. Otherwise, it just tells your viewers that those 2 other Brands don't mean a damn thing if you keep them filled of nothing but mid to low level talent.

Vince is obsessed with Raw, Raw, Raw ... and I just think that is a mistake on his part. But if he can't find a way to execute the Brand split so that all 3 Brands are treated as equals, then he needs to eliminate the Brand Split altogether. That's the best way to save face with the other Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back