• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Don't Leave Us Y2J

ForzaItalia

Layeth The Smackdown!
As we all know Y2J's contract is set to expire soon and he is claiming he is not going to retire, but he is wanting to take time off to spend time with his band Fozzy and work on other things. Now this something I have been thinking about. If Cena is indeed set to turn a heel at SS and cause his team to lose I can see this being a possibility. Jericho has had a couple of promos with Cena saying he is threat to RAW too and what not. So, if Cena does turn heel he would probably feud with Y2J first right. Now, if WWE management offered Y2J a top face spot on RAW do you think it would be enough to have him renew his contract? He would still be putting over talent because he would be putting over a heel Cena. Not to mention he would be a popular face again and we might even see the Y2J we all knew return with all the Jerichoholics. His band Fozzy would gain popularity too. So, do you see him staying if this the case?

Sadly, I can't see this happenning. But I would absolutely love it if it did, and it would make lots of sense with the promos and everything else like you said.

I do however think he will stay with the company, maybe they offered him it but wanted to stay heel. Then he decided to stay because they were nice enough to offer it. It's a long shot but hey never know.

So in short, no I don't see him becoming a face, but I do think he will stay with the WWE for a while longer, his next leave will probably be his last. But if he DO decide to leave when it expires, lets hope it's not his last leave with the WWE.

I read a while back that chris jericho prefers to be heel and didnt want a face turn. I say Let him take a break. Have a Heel John Cena beat him in a Retirement match to make him look more heelish. but dont forget he has kids let him have time to his kids and wife.

I like what Jericho does, he is a fantastic wrestler, and I really do hope Cena turns heel. So I don't get stick for not being his biggest fan. For Jericho leaving, I hope he doesn't yet, his returns are always fantastic to watch, I'm not to bothered if he stays or goes. I'm sure they can find another person to put talent over until his return.

i dont think Chris turning Face will effect Fozzy at all. Fozzy is a good band, have all there CD's on my ipod right now, and i really dont associate Chris in WWE with Chris in Fozzy, as really they are 2 different people. when he's on tour he aint up on stage calling the crowd liars and cowards, or claiming he's the best rockstar in the world.

but i think Jericho does deserve a little time off, recharge the battery's so to speak,. and who knows, might do a character re-vamp when he gets back, might not. either way for me he will still be the most enjoyable person to watch on Raw each week.

This is the first time i hve commented in over 6 months so im a lil rusty.

Look I try to watch RAW when ever i hve free time so i dont know wht really happened on last weeks RAW other then the fact than once agian Nexus kick ass. Then I saw Chris Jericho and John "im always good guy" Cena. Now obviously as a heel to a younger audiance that is so stupid now a days will boo Jericho because he is faceing Cena. Besides wht really makes Jericho a heel anymore he is speaking the truth in a way. He has competed all over the world and has been a big name everywhere he has been. So people shouldn't boo him for telling the truth.:worship:

Lastly someone said that Cena should turn Heel....I hve one question............ARE YOU A F@CKING IDIOT!? Think of it like this as always wwe has 2 priorities making money and making sense (in that order plain and simple) But if they did find a way to make him a heel i would laugh every time he insulted the crowd. :lol:

no way!!!

cena will never turn heel again or else i will stop watching wrestling

that is the dumbest thing i keep hearing from everyone and they don't know what they are talking about to be honest

Cena shines perfectly as a face and he knows how to make the crowd excited.. without Cena as face, no one can make people feel excited and happy, so until Cena quits, I don't think anyone will replace Cena as face and I hope that as well

i think Y2J is so cool as heel but is he really going to leave? i have always loved watching him, but he is getting old and i think he will quit when contract expires or within the next 1-2 years for sure.. i feel bad

no way!!!

cena will never turn heel again or else i will stop watching wrestling

that is the dumbest thing i keep hearing from everyone and they don't know what they are talking about to be honest

Cena shines perfectly as a face and he knows how to make the crowd excited.. without Cena as face, no one can make people feel excited and happy, so until Cena quits, I don't think anyone will replace Cena as face and I hope that as well

i think Y2J is so cool as heel but is he really going to leave? i have always loved watching him, but he is getting old and i think he will quit when contract expires or within the next 1-2 years for sure.. i feel bad

i have read all 7 of your posts now and in each one you have posted some total and utter BS. do you look into anything before you say stuff? like..ooh.. i dont know, the recent interview with Jericho where he said he is NOT retiring anytime soon, that he thinks he still has at least 5 years left? no, i didnt think so. and we know you\re all pro Cena, but this isnt the Cena thread, it's the Jericho one, so keep the Cena Heel change stuff to that thread, unless you're making a point about Chris Jericho's character and roll right now.

There was a recent interview with one of Chris Jericho's band mates up here a while ago. Now Correct me if I'm wrong but he said Jericho had no intention of calling it quits for more time with the band, and that they work out the schedule conflicts and have time to write and record there music, so if Jericho were to leave the WWE for any reason it would most likely be to spend more time with his wife and children. Now I have my doubts that he's leaving anytime soon because (IMO) he's one of the best, if not THE best heel in the WWE right now. If he were to leave now, I don't think it would be for the last time.

Now on to your scenario about John Cena turning heel at Summer Slam. I'm still debating myself on wether or not they would turn Cena Heel, but if they were, now is the best time to do it. I don't see Jericho being a face for the rest of his wrestling career, the Y2J days are over. So I don't see him taking that top face spot from Cena. I would think that someone like Randy Orton. But you never know what's gonna happen next in the WWE

Signed,
UserX​

i think he will sign a new contract but maybe take a bit off time off first. maybe cut his dates in wwe down he is a big enough star that vince will let him like he has with taker and did with Shawn

he is a good face but a better heel these last few months he been heel he really has been at the top of his game and best i have ever saw him so dont turn him heel. although he is a good face it also a waste of his talents

Jericho did say he's interested in doing other things, but he also said that he hs a few years left in the tank and he's really enjoying his time in the business right now. I see Jericho resigning for a 2 or 3 year extension, but with allowances to work on other projects.
I've been a fan of Jericho ever since I knew just who in the hell is was. Heel, face dont fuckin matter. The man is gold in the ring and on the stick. While I'll hate to see him retire from wrestling I'll support what ever project he decides to do next. I think it's awesome that Jericho is in a position to choose what he'd like to do and pursue things that interest him and he's happy doing. Not many of us truely get to do so.
He gave us more years than many. And not many gave more. Appreciate what we got right now cause in just a few years Y2J will be movin on.

no way!!! cena will never turn heel again or else i will stop watching wrestling. that is the dumbest thing i keep hearing from everyone and they don't know what they are talking about to be honest

Looks like you know everything about wrestling. What makes you think Cena will not turn heel again? Remember, even Hogan and Austin turned heel. And Cena is nowhere close to them. Before calling somebody's idea as dumb or dumbest, better see how you are sounding yourself. There is nothing dumb about Cena turning heel because he has been a heel before and almost every wrestler goes through heel and face stages in his career (except Ricky Steamboat, maybe).

Yeah he shines perfectly as a face, so much that he always gets booed and there are so many "You can't wrestle" and "Cena sucks" chants all over the arena, more so in bigger PPVs and all his opponents (even heels) get cheered in front of him. The front row of WrestleMania was full of guys wearing "Cena sucks" T shirts for the last 2 years.

Again, how can you say that nobody will replace Cena as a face? Maybe earlier, everyone used to say that nobody can replace Hogan as a face, but you have to agree that Stone Cold Steve Austin in his prime was more popular than Hogan was. Vince called him the greatest superstar in WWE history while inducting him to the HOF in 2009, and so did Ric Flair during his own HOF induction in 2008. And in fact, even Austin had turned heel. So, you can't say that Cena can't be replaced because he is not as big as Hogan and Austin were. Anyone can be replaced (except maybe Undertaker due to his gimmick, longevity and athleticism despite his size/ age - you will probably never have another darkside element in wrestling which was pulled off so well because nobody else has done it before - that's the difference while talking about Taker and while talking about the Hogans or the Cenas).

Just because you will stop watching wrestling if Cena turns heel doesn't mean every fan would do that - in most probablility, more fans will start watching it and it will boost ratings. His heel turn will happen, but not so quick. It has been reserved by Vince as a trump card to boost their ratings WHEN TNA starts competing for them, just like WCW/ Eric Bishoff turned Hogan heel to boost their ratings. Right now, Cena doesn't need to turn heel. And he won't be betraying his team at Summerslam. A lot of people were predicting he will turn heel and become the leader of the Nexus, and that is why the WWE did the segment on Raw where Barrett asked him to join Nexus, and he replied "no" - burying those ideas for the time being. If he had to be behind Nexus, why would he cause his own title loss and rematch loss and get himself beaten up so much every week - eventually everyone (heel or face) is usually after the title and that is the best way to dominate the brand (remember the heel stable Evolution also wanted to dominate Raw but they always had the title around HHH). So, for the time being, Cena is not turning heel and not joining Nexus.

kids are dumb (SUPERJCENA) cena will be a heel in time. to say he never will be. get your head outta your ass and grow up. i hate cena dick suckers aka little kids who thinks hes superman.

back to the thread, jericho is the top heel right now and i enjoy it way to much to see him leave, if he does leave, he always comes back with a code breaker to let you know its him without it saying it is. his returning promos are 2nd to best next to the undertakers. jericho is an awesome wrestler and has the best variety of moves in the whole E and that is what makes him the best at what he does. he mixes it up and can play face just as good as heel. if he does leave he'll most likely return somewhere around wrestlemania against a heel cena? he and cena are in bad ways with eachother right now it wouldonly fit to bring chris jericho back as a face and if he hates cena as much as he says as a character then cena will be heel by this time.

i have read all 7 of your posts now and in each one you have posted some total and utter BS. do you look into anything before you say stuff? like..ooh.. i dont know, the recent interview with Jericho where he said he is NOT retiring anytime soon, that he thinks he still has at least 5 years left? no, i didnt think so. and we know you\re all pro Cena, but this isnt the Cena thread, it's the Jericho one, so keep the Cena Heel change stuff to that thread, unless you're making a point about Chris Jericho's character and roll right now.

hey what's your prob?

i can have opinions and i believe cena will stay face until his career is over, nothing wrong with thinking that way okay?

and i was talking about Cena heel change because people were referring to it earlier in the thread

@mayankeagle

you make a great point and yea i think i went too far saying it's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.. i just get frustrated over hearing it so often, i'm sorry

but i really do believe Cena will stay face for the rest of his career, i just don't see him turning heel because he's just so much better as face.. but i do see and agree that maybe he will turn heel only if TNA starts getting better and your idea that Cena turning heel is like a trump card to Vince makes sense however i think most people don't see TNA ever catching up to WWE, right?

yea i know he gets boo'd all the time by the anti-fans but i think they don't know how to appreciate his character and his dedication to the company.. i love it but i guess it's just based on preference -- i can see how people think he is boring but i don't think that means that he has to turn heel, right? i still believe he's better suited for face and i enjoy the character he plays now -- maybe for other people, i think they may still enjoy him as face if they provided more interesting angles for Cena to the anti-fans

@porter1989

my first day on the forums and 2 people already hate me.. what is your problem now?

once again i apologize for saying that Cena turning heel is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.. i should not have worded it that way and i'm sorry

can you respect that i'm a Cena fanatic please? yes i enjoy his presence and great charisma, it gets me excited and i feel pumped whenever he performs.. i think you went too far calling me names like that but whatever..

i'm a Cena fan and you can't stop me

--

and sorry that i am talking about Cena in a Jericho thread.. so many responses towards me that I wanted to reply on

yea i know he gets boo'd all the time by the anti-fans but i think they don't know how to appreciate his character and his dedication to the company.. i love it but i guess it's just based on preference -- i can see how people think he is boring but i don't think that means that he has to turn heel, right? i still believe he's better suited for face and i enjoy the character he plays now -- maybe for other people, i think they may still enjoy him as face if they provided more interesting angles for Cena to the anti-fans

it has nothing to do with "dedication" look at the Undertaker. more dedicated to the WWE then ANY man in there today. he's in really rough shape, yet still comes out and puts on some great matches. doesnt bitch and complain or get anyone fired when he gets hurt by someone (Mysterio) but when he portrays a Heel, he gets boo'd, and when he's a face, EVERYONE in the arena cheers for him. im going to show you a video of Cena, and a real crowd reaction with him, compared to another guy who has a great character, and dedication as well, but is also able to play a Heel. (if you're reading Ferbian, sorry i stole your video idea, was just too good not to use)

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qnl-08GzeNU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qnl-08GzeNU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

now, granted, this is from England. but they market Cena as the Face of the WWE universe. well then why is he getting major heat in almost every other country then the USA, PLUS gets just as much in some states (NY anyone?)

where as someone like Jericho, who has been in every promotion, a world wide star, and fans appreciate him. he can come out on RAW and say every person on this earth is a fucking moron, but you are still going to hear a VERY noticeable Y2J chant. and as a face? i dont think he gained any heat at all.

it has nothing to do with "dedication" look at the Undertaker. more dedicated to the WWE then ANY man in there today. he's in really rough shape, yet still comes out and puts on some great matches. doesnt bitch and complain or get anyone fired when he gets hurt by someone (Mysterio) but when he portrays a Heel, he gets boo'd, and when he's a face, EVERYONE in the arena cheers for him. im going to show you a video of Cena, and a real crowd reaction with him, compared to another guy who has a great character, and dedication as well, but is also able to play a Heel. (if you're reading Ferbian, sorry i stole your video idea, was just too good not to use)

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qnl-08GzeNU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qnl-08GzeNU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

now, granted, this is from England. but they market Cena as the Face of the WWE universe. well then why is he getting major heat in almost every other country then the USA, PLUS gets just as much in some states (NY anyone?)

where as someone like Jericho, who has been in every promotion, a world wide star, and fans appreciate him. he can come out on RAW and say every person on this earth is a fucking moron, but you are still going to hear a VERY noticeable Y2J chant. and as a face? i dont think he gained any heat at all.

I believe that in most, if not all, states he gets at BEST an extremely mixed reaction with some of the most vocal and antiCena members in the crowd. This is all for good reason, most people are tired of his same old "i'm gonna make jokes that only a 5 year old would laugh at and then get my ass beat, get angry, and take you down with my 5 moves of doom cause da champ isssssssssssss HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and if I'm not the champ you better know that I'll have it by the end of this feud because I am John Cena and I have been proverbially, if not literally, been sucking the dick of mr Vincent Kennedy McMahon for the past 5+ years and no amount of heat I gather from the crowd will change that, even if I am both the most cheered and most hated man in the arena in a given night." Honestly I have never seen heat given to Cena that was as huge as in that video but I have been missing out on the majority of wrestling for the past year due to lack of a tv so it could have happened then or I just wasn't paying attention because it's a Cena match and unless it is against Nexus or Nexus interferes in some way he'll always win the same way.

I recall in the last interview that Jericho done (At least what I read, on the WZ news page) he seemed reluctant to remain with WWE when his contract is up in a few months. I see him taking some time off, a couple of weeks for his UK tour dates with Fozzy, he's only doing a handfull and not coming to Newcastle which isn't far from where I live, and he said himself he thinks this is the best work he's done and loves being a heel so I don't see a face turn, at least anytime soon. But he's in great shape, still putting on top notch matches and involved in top storylines, WWE treats him great because of his dedication, surely when he needs the time off they give him it.

As far as your storyline idea goes, it'd be a little odd since Jericho has been one of the top heels since his turn in mid-2008. Had he retained the Y2J moniker without a doubt, they could turn Cena heel and build up Orton to be the face of WWE since he turned tweener, retained his Viper gimmick and has a huge following right now. But I don't see it playing out, Jericho would have to do something pretty huge to turn face at this point, if he chooses to as well, and Cena would have to do something pretty huge to turn heel (Reveal himself as leader of Nexus, or turn on a huge face)

Chris Jericho has already said in numerous interviews that he isnt going anywhere, why would he. Besides he needs to stick around to promote his DVD.

But if he was considering leaving then yes I think offering him a top face spot and being the first person to fued with a freshly heel Cena would be enough to convince him to stay.

Chris Jericho has already said in numerous interviews that he isnt going anywhere, why would he. Besides he needs to stick around to promote his DVD

EXACTLY! which is also why i think a Face turn is coming, usually when a DVD is released, that person is a Face at the time (I did say USUALLY, there are exceptions i know) but a Face can Sell their DVD better then a Heel can, even if that man is chris jericho.

EXACTLY! which is also why i think a Face turn is coming, usually when a DVD is released, that person is a Face at the time (I did say USUALLY, there are exceptions i know) but a Face can Sell their DVD better then a Heel can, even if that man is chris jericho.

The thing is though that fans absolutely love this guy so much that they don't care whether he's heel or face. Whether it be the IWC, old school wrestling fans, or marks that loved the guy when he returned as a face he always gets major pops along with the deserved heel heat, and sometimes the heel heat even goes out the window. This man is so good at his job that he didn't need unbelievably long World title runs or 9 mini runs in 2 years, Edge, and is one of the few greats that can put on an amazing promo week in and week out while also throwin down in the ring. Whatever this guy may be when the dvd comes out it will sell a shit ton of copies because he is that damn good, people love the story and want to see his classic matches.

I don't see how his alignment would change anything in Jericho staying or not staying. Considering he has expressed love for his current alignment as a heel. Believing it is some of the strongest he has put on in his career, and many agree with him. So why would he want to turn face so he can bring in Fozzy, and be all loved again, if that is not what he wants to do?

I don't think that Jericho will be leaving, not yet to say the least. And I don't believe it will be on the terms of him wanting to do more with his band and all that. He has done that before, I believe if he truly does leave, it will be on the terms that he feels he has nothing left to give to the business, or is too worn out for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back