• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dolph Ziggler..The next...

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I dont get to watch Smackdown too often but after watching Dolph Ziggler aginst John Cena, (and watching him earlier in his wwe career), Could Ziggler be on the rise and the next big thing?? I mean i know he cant reach Cena or Miz level, but im talking CM Punk, and maybe even Edge and Jericho? I was very impressed Dolph Ziggler and hes quickly becoming one of my favorites (behind The Miz of course)...

Anyone else agree?

dolph ziggler is a rising star on the smackdown roster. i believe by this time next year he will be main eventing on smackdown and the year after, raw.

I agree, but I think it's time he ditched Vickie. I think she served her purpose and got heat on him, but it's time he went solo again to work on his mic skills. Also I would like to see him as a face. He has the look of one and splitting from Vickie while embarrassing her might get him over. Also Smackdown needs a face influence in the main event.

I dont get to watch Smackdown too often but after watching Dolph Ziggler aginst John Cena, (and watching him earlier in his wwe career), Could Ziggler be on the rise and the next big thing?? I mean i know he cant reach Cena or Miz level, but im talking CM Punk, and maybe even Edge and Jericho? I was very impressed Dolph Ziggler and hes quickly becoming one of my favorites (behind The Miz of course)...

Anyone else agree?

Well first off I don't know if I'm misreading what you are saying, but Egde and Jericho should both be above the Miz. But too your point I do believe Ziggler has the potential to be a main eventer. The only problem I have with him is that he can be a bit goofy at times. In ring he has great ability I'm just worried about what happens after the angle with Vickie is over because right now she is the only one that draws any heat,

He has become one of my favourites as well. He is catching the eyes of the crowd because of his in-ring work but his work outside of it is not there yet. It remains to be seen whether he is able to handle promos on his own without being paired with a valet like Vickie. Right now Ziggler is like a Ken doll that looks perfect for Barbie but there is something vital missing when you dig hard enough.

Dolph Ziggler looked like a star against John Cena. If the WWE can follow that up over the coming weeks, then I think that things could be big for Ziggler.

Over the course of his run as Intercontinental Champion, Dolph Ziggler has improved by leaps and bounds. He's finally managed to get over with fans and draw some real heat and Vickie Guerrero's presence has played a major part in that as well. His in-ring work is just a lot sharper and smoother than it used to be. Ziggler is letting more personality shine through and he's actually pretty decent on the mic whenever the WWE sticks one in his face.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ziggler wound up in the WHC picture sometime in the coming year. I expect him to drop the IC title at the Royal Rumble or the Elimination Chamber ppv, although it wouldn't bother me at all to see him carry the title into WrestleMania. I think Ziggler's been a great IC champ.

Ultimately, however, a lot could hinge on how the WWE decides to follow up his performance against Cena last week. I think that they'd have to be foolish not to notice that there's something there with Ziggler. He was put in a hot spot on Raw & SmackDown! in a big match situation against the biggest star in pro wrestling today and looked very much as if he belonged there.

I agree that he could be the next rising star. The youth movement hasn't really struck SmackDown! yet. There's Alberto Del Rio, Ziggler, to a less extent, Drew McIntyre, and to an even lesser extent, Cody Rhodes.

Del Rio will be champion someday, but I don't consider him part of the youth movement seeing as he's 33. I see him being the Seamus of SmackDown! in that he will win the title and do well with it, but it won't be the beginning of changes.

Ziggler is just now 30, but I see him being more like the Miz, ushering in a new generation of stars for SmackDown!

McIntyre will get there, but I don't believe before Ziggler. Rhodes is still up in the air.

So to answer your question directly, yes, Ziggler is next, but not THE next.

I sadly doubt that Dolph Ziggler will truly become the next big thing. There's a few things he lacks to become the next big thing really. First of all he's a little dry on the microphone, obviously that is something he can work on, and I think he will eventually be able to work it out fairly well. As well as the fact that he doesn't have quite the size to be considered a "big" legitimate guy to dominate in the main event scene.

I made a thread a while ago discussing the chances of Dolph Ziggler becoming the next Chris Jericho, in the way that he will be a small yet successful guy who has great matches and is able to make everybody look like gold. This is something I see much more doable for a guy like Dolph, because he has the in-ring ability, as well as he has a lot of potential that has yet to truly be revealed and taken advantage of by WWE.

Dolph won't become the next big thing. But with a little hope, and a good push, he'll definitely become a great addition to the upper mid-card, and hopefully the main event of WWE.

I don't think Dolph will go far. Vickie is getting all the heat in the world, but Dolph still hasn't connected with the fans AT ALL. I like Dolph, but he doesn't seem to have much star power. Plus, he sounds like such a woman on the mic. I know that there have been guys near the top of the card in the past without mic skills, but it is hard to take Dolph serious when he talks.

Unless they get desperate or run out of young talent (and with Barrett, Sheamus, and The Miz on Raw I don't see it), he prolly won't get a run in the main event. Then again, who else is on SD?

Dolph Ziggler has nearly all the makings of the next big superstar. He's extremely talented in the ring, very good on the mic, has a solid look and good gimmick, and he is already attracting heat like crazy, though Vickie Guerrero deserves some credit for that one. The only thing holding Dolph back is his size.

Dolph Ziggler has put on a couple of great matches with Daniel Bryan, a wildly entertaining match with Kaval, and multiple entertaining matches with Kofi. He seems to work very well with other quick, agile, smaller men.

His work with Cena was very good. I was only able to catch his match on RAW which, while a little long for my taste, was very good and both men came off looking great. That said, it didn't quite have the same feel to me as the matches he had with DBD, Kaval, and Kofi. While his match with Cena was good, I never got the feeling that he had a chance. This could be simply because Cena is the top man in the company and Dolph Ziggler is the upper-midcard at best, or maybe it's because Cena is huge and Dolph Ziggler is comparably small, but either way, it's someting that's going to need to change for Dolph Ziggler.

With Miz as WWE champion, there is hope for Ziggler one day becoming a WWE or WHC himself. Miz isn't the biggest guy on the roster, and it opens up the possibility of having other mid-sized guys winning championships. (I know Rey has won the WHC recently, but Rey is a very special case as they have had him take down big men before.) Now having mid-sized guys win the WWE and WHC title is nothing new, guys like Benoit, Eddy, and Kurt have done it before, but in the past 2 or 3 years, the majority of champions are the huge guys like Cena, Batista, Orton, Edge, and Taker. If the WWE is going in the direction of giving the smaller guys a chance to hold the title, I don't doubt that Dolph Ziggler will have a reign as the World Heavyweight Champ.

Even if he does become a main event fixture, though, I doubt he'll ever be the WWE's big thing. I don't see him breaking into the top five of WWE superstars for more than a few months. Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Wade Barrett, and Kofi Kingston are all 30 or younger, and I think all 5 of them will wind up (some already are) being more popular than Ziggler. Furthermore, CM Punk, John Cena, John Morrison, and Sheamus are all just over 30 and will probably be in the WWE just as long as Ziggler, and I think all of them are ahead of Ziggler in the pecking order.

Dolph Ziggler has shown us a lot of good stuff in the past few months, but if he wants to be the next big thing he's going to have to show us a lot more and prove that he deserves to be in the main event more than the likes of JoMo, Kofi, Sheamus, and Daniel Bryan, which is an extremely tall order.

I have to say, Ziggler has really impressed me. While I don't know if he'll ever become a true main-eventer, I can see him being at the top of the Mid card while treading on main event status.

But hey, I never thought I'd see the Miz as WWE champ, so like they used to say.. Anything can happen in the WWF..er WWE :)

I do believe Dolph will be a main eventer before its over.

But i did like the idea of Him ditching vickie and turning face..SD could use that.

But yea, to what onee was asking, i did rank The miz above abover Edge and jericho

I do believe Dolph will be a main eventer before its over.

But i did like the idea of Him ditching vickie and turning face..SD could use that.

But yea, to what onee was asking, i did rank The miz above abover Edge and jericho

Miz is nowhere near Edge and is about 10 years of stellar promos AND matches before he reaches jericho.

I really like Ziggler. I think he has a great chance to win multiple heavyweight championships in the WWE. His mic work needs improving and I'm not sure how much heat he can draw without Vickie. But his in-ring style is excellent and has brought some prestige back to the IC Title. I say have him hold that for a while longer, nobody else needs it on Smackdown yet so keep it on him to make him look as legit as possible. Maybe him continually beating the crowd-favorite Kofi will draw him the heat he needs as the champion that we all want to see lose.

I say within a year he could be main eventing. If Orton gets moved to Smackdown in the draft they could have a pretty good fued, maybe even stick him in a fued with Taker later this year to see how he does there.

Either way I enjoy Ziggler's work and look forward to his career.

Crazy idea for Ziggler. He continues matches against Cena (if he's injury isn't too bad) gets some wins, some losses. Cena gets into his head that he could be a superstar, a world champion if not for his ego and Vickie. They tag due to the GM, get some chemistry and wins. Fans start to get behind Dolph a bit.

Punk/Nexus continue to attack Cena, until Ziggler runs through the crowd and helps him take down Nexus. Face turn.

Cena gets him over. Ziggler starts main eventing.

He actually belongs in the main event, I see alot of Mr Perfect/Triple H in him.

i think HI MY NAME IS DOLPH ZIGGLER is headed slowley to baby face land when he is drafted to the raw brand and excapes Vickie EXCUSE ME Guererueo but watch him to safe his ex affair Kaitlynn from Vickie Atempting to fire her, and she will make him see the error of his heelish ways and tell him he has been traded and so has she and they can start over on RAW, By the JERICOH should be back, and if he returns a heel, A very personal ZIGGLER vs JERICOH fued could be a step towards the main event for DOLPH this match-up could help us as fans to decide if JERICOH a great mic and in ring technician could help ZIG to up his skills on the mic, as i think he is good enough in the ring to"fake it until you make it" as far as his ring skills toward as main event push, it worked for MIZ,ShEAMUS, & BaRReT

Wel I'd like to say what you guys are saying, but every time I watch Dolph Ziggler in the ring; I automatically think of Billy Gunn. I don't think Dolph Ziggler's character will break past the midcard. Once he breaks up with Vickie Guerrero; he'll be a one dimensional face which will lose all of his steam. He will then have a couple more IC Title reigns and a Tag Team title run, but ultimately will be like Billy Gunn in the company. If Dolph's lucky; he'll be drafted to Raw AWAY from Vickie, but will remain heel. This will keep his steam going, but he'll still get stale after a while. Either way, Dolph's position is the highest he'll get. On the plus side; WWE may notice this and will give him a LENGTH IC Title reign. We MIGHT be treated to see him last past the HTM's 13 month title reign.

wow guys, are we watching the same dolph ziggler? The guy that can't even be an effective heel because the only time he can win a match is because of vickie??? This dude is only over because of everyone's hate for that chic, not because of some impressive talent on his part. Sure, he's decent in the ring, but by no means IC champion material. It seems to me like smackdown is having a surplus of heels right now, and almost every single one of them are (IMO) more capable champs than he is.
Swagger is a former WHC but he can't beat Ziggler? Really? Also, did any of you guys watch the 3 way ladder match at TLC? That s**t was a joke right? Anyway, you've also got Cody Rhodes, who's in this pointless fued with Big show, instead of launching him into the title picture, Drew Mcintyre, who also isn't doing anything, and a whole plethora of others.

Seriously, I don't even really bother to watch his title defenses anymore, because EVERY SINGLE ONE follows the same pattern: Start out weak, pick up in the middle, and then almost lose, but wait a minute VICKIE GUERRERO HAS DISTRACTED THE REFERREE!!!

garbage title reign.

ziggy is just another classic example of a great wreslter with no charisma. Thats why they stuck him with vicky guerero and its working for him.

Dont think he will ever be out of the mid card though.
Does anyone tune in to see what dolph ziggler does?
unless its wreslte daniel bryan im not interested.

I think WWE realizes that someone that works (and SELLS) as hard as Ziggler does can be a great asset for a long time if they can get him over as at least a part-time main eventer. This IC reign has done wonders for him. He's really starting to look like one of Smackdown's top guys, a crafty heel who finds a way to win (without relying too much on cheap retentions like countouts and intentional DQ's.)

I may be crazy, but I see shades of Shawn Michaels' initial singles push with Sensational Sherri. Like HBK, Ziggler sells harder than anyone on the roster, which not only makes his opponent look good, but will help get crowds behind him whenever he finally turns face post-Vicki. And he's starting to show more and more personality. His entrance cracked me up last Friday, hugging and consoling Vicki as they walked to the ring. And while he's not a great talker yet, he was running circles around Kofi and Swagger during their three-way promo.

I thought the IC title was going to Swagger on Friday Night but I'm glad Dolph will retain for a bit longer. He's just now starting to hit his stride, the heat has REALLY cranked up over the last couple of weeks.

I agree with Darin Zion (sorry if misspelt username), was just speaking to my brother bout ziggler the other week, we both agree he is similar to Billy Gunn (bout half a foot shorter and less built) his attire, his hair, his manouevers, even his mannerisms in the ring compare to Billy Gunn.

I posted on another thread about first time champions for 2011, I did put ziggy on this list. There is alot of things about him that does need work and I see people saying that its only because Vickie that he gets heat, well IMO there is nothing wrong with that. Vickie is doing her job to help make him a hell of a superstar. What he cant get over on the Mic Vickie does for him. And incase some people dont know or remember this, there was a time in the WWF where some people had managers their whole career and nothing bad came from that. So if dolph needs Vickie then so be it, he is a hell of a superstar just needs some help from a manager. So I wouldnt say he is the next big thing or anything along those lines, but he is someone that could get shot and I think a title run.

Im a huge ziggler guy but i think there are too many options for stories atm with other peolpe so he wont win the title yet, hes just a diff heel for edge to face at the rumble and maybe a small feud til they can build up who they need to, but he doesnt have the look of a whc maybe in time with a new gimmick he could be taken more seriously as a champion, i just dont see him winning it til we see some more promos and mic work as he isnt truly proven on those yet, just in the ring, but maybe by next yr he could hold it

Last Friday we saw Dolph Ziggler become the Number One Contender for Edges World Heavyweight Championship, In my opinion i thought it was to early for a push up to the world title picture..

Whats your opinion on this push? Explain

I doubt he will be the next big thing, but he will definitely be a main eventer. He is already in a WHC match at the rumble and even though they usually have mid-carders or high mid-carders going against the title at the rumble it still looks very good on him. At this time last year if I remember correctly, he entered number 1 or number 2 at the rumble, getting eliminated by CM Punk just a few minutes after that. Now he is in a match for the top title on Smack Down. Things have sure been going better for him since then. I think if he were to loose his cool and get a sleeper hold on Vickie that could really get him over as a face. Just him fooling Vickie making her think he is hugging her and then out of now where just lock on the sleeper hold. Could be the start of better things for him to come.

Last Friday we saw Dolph Ziggler become the Number One Contender for Edges World Heavyweight Championship, In my opinion i thought it was to early for a push up to the world title picture..

Whats your opinion on this push? Explain

I have no problem with it. I feel that Dolph Ziggler is one of the best young talents in WWE and the match with him and Edge has the potential of being a classic if it's booked properly. They're both linked to Vickie Guerrero, so they'll have that to play off of.

I knew after the first few times I saw Dolph that he has what it takes to be great. About the only weakness he has is perhaps his mic skills, but those can get better with time. His matches with Daniel Bryan and Kaval were two of the years best, and he's had some great ones with John Cena and Kofi Kingston as well. I think by 2012 he'll win either the WWE or World Heavyweight Title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back