• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dolph Ziggler Is The *NEW* WWE Intercontinental Champion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
In the opening match of the TLC ppv, Luke Harper defended the IC title against Dolph Ziggler in a really physical ladder match that saw both men really lay into each other with the ladders. The results were both Harper & Ziggler bleeding the hard way with Ziggler on the bridge of his nose and Harper looked to have gotten some cuts on his arms.

I wanna be excited about this, but we've been down this road before with Ziggler. He's over, he has the crowd behind him, he puts on some great matches, he has the IC title and....that's usually about as far as it goes. Still, there's always that little spark of optimism in hopes of Ziggler having a strong run and ultimately moving onto bigger things.

I really, really hope Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins fight for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania. A nice one on one match with pure wrestling for the Intercontinental title at WM. I think they both have been on fire recently, and a one on one match will be completely gold in my opinion.

I see your point, OP, about this being the same story for Dolph. Massively over, great matches, mid card title, and then...nothing. However, for whatever reason, this time seems different. It seems like they are actually putting some stock into Dolph. I'm optimistic that it's finally Dolph's time.

He's held the title already this year a couple of times. Didn't he trade it back and forth with Miz. Anyway, after Harper won I thought Ziggler would move up especially after the SS match. Why do I think he's taken a step backwards tonight?

He's held the title already this year a couple of times. Didn't he trade it back and forth with Miz. Anyway, after Harper won I thought Ziggler would move up especially after the SS match. Why do I think he's taken a step backwards tonight?

Because he did take a step back down after going over big at Survivor Series...
Best case for his obvious momentum now, is a programme with Rusev for Mania.
It already has a backstory of sorts with Ziggler being the reason that Rusev got eliminated in the Survivor Series Main Event match.

Because he did take a step back down after going over big at Survivor Series...
Best case for his obvious momentum now, is a programme with Rusev for Mania.
It already has a backstory of sorts with Ziggler being the reason that Rusev got eliminated in the Survivor Series Main Event match.

Well like I said on the LD thread, there should have been a 6 week number one contender's tournament, with Ziggler involved. I don't think he could have beat Lesnar but he could have maintained his position going forward.

I was surprised to hear how commentary put over the IC Championship as the "Worker's Title".

They act like Ziggler never won the WHC twice and the MITB Briefcase.

I guess either Ziggler faces Harper one more time or faces a returning BNB. Meanwhile, Harper faces Ziggler or faces his former tag partner Harper. I'm hate to see Harper get lost in the shuffle during WrestleMania season, he's underrated.

Awesome match by Ziggler and Harper. I still thought it should have been Ziggler vs. Rollins in a Ladder match for the Money in the Bank contract instead but this was a great match. I can see him losing it tomorrow night in a rematch though.

This is just going back to square one as far as I'm concerned. Both with the title & Ziggler. Harper was a much more interesting choice as champion.

They tried to present Ziggler winning as a huge moment, but to me he seemingly holds one of those pointless mid-card titles every couple of months.

I can see where people are coming from with perceiving Ziggler "took a step back." What else is there for Ziggler at the present moment?

He was the sole survivor at Survivor Series. We all knew Brock vs Cena "3" (ahem 4) was gonna happen. What was he supposed to do? Lose to Harper one month after the biggest moment of his career? Could make the argument he would not have been pinned. Some would have said, baaaaaaah, his momentum was cut short. What now? With how Ziggler presents himself, why would he let how he lost the title go? The IC Championship means something to him, why not prove how you lost the title was not cool?

He has the rematch with Harper to look forward to. Possible match with Bad News Barrett. As long as Ziggler looks strong he'll be fine. As we all know WWE is stubborn with their plans. Unlikely Reigns will main event Mania this year if the reports are true. Lets enjoy the great matches Ziggler gives us, not so worried about what title he has.

I think Dolph will drop the title to either Big Show or Bray Wyatt next. My pick would be Big Show so he could drop it to Cesaro at WrestleMania in a fallout from the Andre Battle Royal stuff last year, but Bray could also be a good choice too. I still find it silly that Luke won the title before Bray though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the possibility of him dropping it to Kidd. While it's a pipedream, I would fucking love it.

We all knew Brock vs Cena "3" (ahem 4) was gonna happen.

It's actually going to be their 5th PPV match, one-on-one. 6th if you include a Survivor Series match with them on opposite teams.

Anyway, the problem here is that Ziggler needs to move beyond the Intercontinental Championship and into the main event scene where he belongs, but they needed to have Ziggler win the title back because Luke Harper is awful and shouldn't be anywhere near a championship match, ever. I think Ziggler will wind up dropping the title to Bad News Barrett at either the Royal Rumble or Fast Lane, and then have a high-profile match at WrestleMania, which Ziggler desperately needs. Ziggler needs to be in a top match at WrestleMania 31, and he needs to win it. I say he should either be beating Seth Rollins or Triple H.

I still find it silly that Luke won the title before Bray though.

While I find this odd, I find the odder thing was that both former Wyatt family members lost at TLC. No Bray on Raw, he's been almost pushed to Smackdown. When they first split off, it seemed like Bray was getting the shaft (Luke wins IC belt, Rowan becomes a genius?), yet now Bray was the only of the three to win at TLC.

I'm holding out hope that maybe...just maybe the idea is to bring the family back together. Think about it, Bray hasn't lost a big match since he lost them, they've both lost a big match(or two) now. So they come back to help Bray at Royal Rumble(when the Bray/Dean feud wraps up) which then slides Dean out of that feud to go back against Seth, Trips or whoever else they want him against at Mania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back