• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dolph Ziggler: his time is now?

I think Ziggler is horrendously over rated. I don't mind watching his work by any means, he is decent in the ring, not great on the mic but all in all he is a good entertainer and has a place in WWE's mid card, bordering main event.The guy has had a lot of false starts - I don't know if this is his own fault, bad booking or poor luck. It is probably all three, coupled with the fact the guy is an asshole outside the ring and regularly has said stuff about the company and his employees which only add to this opinion.

The issue I have with Ziggler is he is 34 years old. Dolph is now a 10 year WWE veteran and the Ziggler character is now 6 years old. I honestly think his time has passed and Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Wyatt and even Ryback are worth more investment.

I dunno...I still think Ziggler is kind of bland and whenever he talks, he reminds me too much of either Cena or Bryan. While Cena's hogging the mic was distracting, it also reminded me that Cena is MUCH more compelling on the mic.

But Ziggler has finally begun winning me over on a wrestling psychology level. He's always entertaining in the ring, but I never emotionally invest myself in his matches. If the lackluster Survivor Series did anything well, it was make me care about Ziggler.

But do I want to see him be the top guy? Not really...I think he should be in the upper midcard, while WWE should push Ambrose or Daniel Bryan (if he returns) or Cesaro (if WWE can undo the damage to his career).

I really like Dolph and I hope that right now is his time to shine. By all accounts, it seems like it will be. His performance in the Survivor Series main event has put him over big-time and with constant positive commentary that night, it seems as though the WWE might be backing that idea.

He is very talented in the ring and can tell a story like only few others in the WWE can at this point. He seems to have the backing of the fans and that might go a long way to securing Ziggler's main event status for the time being.

In the coming months, I would be surprised to see him brawling with Seth Rollins and catapulting himself up the ladder in WWE. I feel as though it is about time that he and the WWE start following through on his potential because he could be a star I'm every sense of the word if they do.

The issue I have with Ziggler is he is 34 years old. Dolph is now a 10 year WWE veteran and the Ziggler character is now 6 years old. I honestly think his time has passed and Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Wyatt and even Ryback are worth more investment.

34 isn't that old. Plenty of top guys had their big push in their mid 30's and they've turned out just fine, don't see why there's a problem with Ziggler who btw is only 1 year older than Ryback. The Shield guys and Bray are already getting a ton of investment and are likely to be the future top guys in the company, there's no harm in investing in a veteran when he's hot.

Where exactly is he meant to be pushed to? Look at everyone ahead of him, how likely is is that he is the one who gets the push of 2015? It's just not going to happen. The guy probably deserves a main event spot but if he gets it, it'll only be for a short time. Dolph being the sole survivor was just the WWE throwing the fans a bone, had Sting come out to save Cena, it wouldn't have gone down as well.

But do I want to see him be the top guy? Not really...I think he should be in the upper midcard, while WWE should push Ambrose or Daniel Bryan (if he returns) or Cesaro (if WWE can undo the damage to his career).

Dolph Ziggler on his worst night is FAR more talented than Dean Ambrose on his best. Ziggler could wrestle circles around Ambrose with his eyes closed, Ambrose's slurred promos and goofy facial expressions make it impossible to take him seriously on the mic, and Ziggler's crowd reactions are infinitely bigger than Ambrose's. Ziggler is THE most over babyface in the company and has been consistently for most of the last two years, with the only person able to eclipse him being Daniel Bryan. In 2-3 years, if he improves DRAMATICALLY, you might have an argument for Ambrose being in Ziggler's league. Today? Not a chance.

Dolphins Ziggler is certainly more over now than he's ever been. That said he will never, ever make it as the sole face of the WWE.

A) His mic skills are average. One of the reasons he's doing so well right now is because of his booking has been very good and he hasn't been forced to hold an audience's attention with a long promo. His promos come off as too forced and his voice sounds like he's still going through puberty.
B) Though he's toned it down a little bit, his style is still too dangerous to trust he'll be healthy enough to last. He already has 2 concussions.
C) His name is Dolph Ziggler. This is a fact that anyone outside of the blind marks know will always hold him down.

Post Survivor series Raw was the worst episode of the year, shit ending, Ziggler not being mentioned enough, his celebration with bryan, cena, was lame and that Anonymous angle. Words can't describe how stupid that felt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back