Dolph Ziggler and Maria???

650ballinwhiteboy

Occasional Pre-Show
Um i've been watching smackdown and the last edition of superstars and ive just been wondering, are Dolph and Maria still an on screen couple. I mean they where built of with these backstage skits and then Maria started joining him in coming to matches which i though was great but now wat. They haven't been together in like a couple of weeks. Am i missing something?????

I'm pretty sure on last night's smackdown they kissed in a backstage segment, after Melina told her about Dolph with another woman. So yeah you kind of are missing something.

Um i've been watching smackdown and the last edition of superstars and ive just been wondering, are Dolph and Maria still an on screen couple. I mean they where built of with these backstage skits and then Maria started joining him in coming to matches which i though was great but now wat. They haven't been together in like a couple of weeks. Am i missing something?????

No, they are an on-screen couple.

They were rumored to do a sex tape angle involving both of them, and the idea was evidently scrapped as that apparently did not fit in with their PG rating. However, they seem to be doing a cheating angle after last night in its place.

I am just happy to see them getting some storylines on Smackdown, as that show has desperately needed some for a long time now.

This purely on-screen relationship is going to do wonders for both Maria & Dolph Ziggler. Maria is best known & mainly loved for her non-wrestling roles in the business like being a valet or an interviewer. She knows how to act & attracts eyes towards whoever she brings out to the ring. As for Ziggler, it helps him solidify his place as a legit wrestler on the roster due to association & being given a damn by someone to valeted him. For the company, it is a step in the right direction for getting back into the managerial role business again that professional wrestling needs more of.

Yeah i did see the backstage cheating angle last night so i was pretty happy. and
AshLeigh FalKon you're absolutely right as Maria soldify's Dolph as a legit contender. MY only other question is why doesn't she come out to the ring for his matches anymore

Why doesn't she come out to the ring for his matches anymore?

I am going with the best assumption that the relationship between a face Maria & a heel Ziggler would not work properly. As with the Santino/Maria storyline before, Santino started to get areas of the audience to cheer for him due the fact he had a beautiful lady valeting him. I think the E might need Ziggler to remain as heel as he can & try to keep the audience in cheering him on. By limiting the amount of time Maria & Ziggler are together, this might be able to achieve keeping Ziggler as a heel & not turning one of the biggest face diva's into a heel or tweener with the crowd. Hence the reason why when they are featured in promo's they seem to have a sort of comedic aspect to it.

I for one am really enjoying what I'm seeing with this Maria-Dolph storyline. People forget that part of what made the Attitude era so great was the soap opera angles being made part of the show. People love a good story, and they love a good romance. Obviously the times have changed since the days of the Savage-Elizabeth Wedding, but I for one am really liking the chemistry that Maria and Ziggler have. Maria is slowly but surely starting to turn heel it seems, and I think she'd make a wonderful valet for Dolph. Ziggler is fast on the rise and already one of the guys I always look forward to watching each week, and this storyline has me very interested. Call me a sappy sucker if you will, but I like seeing these two beautiful people as a couple, incorporating the soap opera element more. Makes for very entertaining television.

When the Ziggler/Maria couple first started, I thought they were fuckin' adorable together. And now it's turned into a storyline. And that's great.

I love storylines. I love promos. They make the wrestling more interesting to me. Maybe if it's a success, they'll try more storylines out.

I haven't seen last night's SD yet, but I'm glad they're keeping them a couple and starting a real angle between them.

Sorry but I can't see this going anywhere. The only thing I could think of is..well was that Maria turns heel eventually and her and Dolph fights Melina & Rey Mysterio, but since Rey got suspended, I can't see much happening. And these onscreen couples in my opinion are so boring. Only couple that was exciting was Edge & Lita, why? Because Edge was a main eventer.

Only couple that was exciting was Edge & Lita, why? Because Edge was a main eventer.

:wtf: I have to disagree. Do you not remember HHH and Stephanie? Billy and Chuck?? Perry Saturn and Moppy???

Yeah they are together now. I didn't actually see any of the segments and when i watched Smackdown one week I was like What the Hell!?!? Has Maria turned hell or something?
So I watched the segments on Youtube and i understood it.
Maybe you should try that. It'll help.

Well muzzerman, Triple H was a main eventer, Billy & Chuck was unusual and so was Perry Saturn and the mop. I'm talking about these boring relation ships such as well Ziggler & Maria right now. Carlito & Torrie. When it's unusual, it's entertaining so are main eventers but this just isn't.

I'm liking the story so far but it'll probably get more into it once Ziggler has the IC title.

Having Maria valet Ziggler to the ring will be great, it'll provide more entertainment to his match's (which have been gold by the way) and he'll have someone there to provide some heel wins (interfeering etc).

I, like X, enjoy the soap opera style storyline here and there and this is going to be a good one if they continue it. The only problem with these types of storylines is when they shove it too much in your face or get too over the top with it. If they keep it simple, one promo a week and not over do it then it could be great and will definatley build Ziggler up more than he already is.

Very interested to see where they go with this.

When the Ziggler/Maria couple first started, I thought they were fuckin' adorable together. And now it's turned into a storyline. And that's great.

I love storylines. I love promos. They make the wrestling more interesting to me. Maybe if it's a success, they'll try more storylines out.

I haven't seen last night's SD yet, but I'm glad they're keeping them a couple and starting a real angle between them.

Im with you here Doc, i enjoy good storylines and segments alot and they keep me watching too. And i can see how having Maria make Dolph look legit as a competitor and this cheating angle is much better than a sex tape one...even on a TV-14 WWE they would allow that to much extent.

I say make her the heel manager. Like Dawn Marie back in the days. We all know Diva's boost the heels heat. I mean dont you just hate it to see some asshole heel having a beautiful chick and just talking trash at the crowd, lol. This could be a great opportunity. Let her in with the hopefully Morrison vs Ziggler feud. The more jerks the merrier right? Besides in the end if she falls for the Shaman of sexy wouldnt that boost Morrison as well. It could be some strange love triangle like a true soap opera. They should use that stuff from as the world turns to create some freaky shit. But this is just wishful thinking on my part :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back