Doink attacks Hogan in new interview

Doink The Clown Vs Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 9?

LMAO what a deluded fuck !

Thats like having The Rock Vs Naked Mideon at WrestleMania 16 or John Cena vs Yoshi Tatsu at WrestleMania 28.

WHAT A LOSER.

i like the way everyone is just pushing the idea that doink vs hogan could of been an idea for mania 9 because there was no way they would put hogan in the ring with a clown. If my memory is correct didnt the undertaker wrestle a giant in a hairy body suit?

1993-1995 the WWF was full of over the top gimmicks including clowns, dentists, hocky players and garbage men so to think that the possibillity of this match being brought up in a booking meeting didnt happen is stupid.

It probably did get brought up, maybe even thought about for a while but in the end hogan probably did say no.

Doink was fueding with Crush at the time which led to a rubber match at Mania 9 which i might add Doink lost or does everyone forget that? they even used two Doinks.

i like the way everyone is just pushing the idea that doink vs hogan could of been an idea for mania 9 because there was no way they would put hogan in the ring with a clown. If my memory is correct didnt the undertaker wrestle a giant in a hairy body suit?

1993-1995 the WWF was full of over the top gimmicks including clowns, dentists, hocky players and garbage men so to think that the possibillity of this match being brought up in a booking meeting didnt happen is stupid.

It probably did get brought up, maybe even thought about for a while but in the end hogan probably did say no.

Maybe it did get brought up but that doesn't mean it was the plan or it had a chance of happening. I'm sure a lot of ideas are brought up and quickly dismissed. There is a difference between brining up an idea and actually having a plan in place to follow through with it. It could have simply been a meeting among the creative team where someone pitched the idea. They talked about it for a while coming up with different storylines and by the end of the meeting they decided against it. Stuff like that probably happens a lot. For all we know it was just some bullshit that Borne was told to get him to agree to be a clown. Or maybe it was an actual serious idea but I have a hard time believing that.

By the way, Undertaker was not on Hogan's level in 1993 so having him against Giant Gonzalez is not a good comparison as Undertaker was actually a silly gimmick wrestler himself.

Doink was fueding with Crush at the time which led to a rubber match at Mania 9 which i might add Doink lost or does everyone forget that? they even used two Doinks.

Actually Doink won that match.

I for one loved the original concept for Doink's gimmick. Evil, sadistic clowns scare the living crap out of young children, so he would have been the perfect antithesis to the baby faces of the day. I don't see how he would not have been a good fit for the likes of Hogan, except for the fact that Hogan didn't deem Doink worthy of being in the ring with him. A sneak from behind attack on Hogan and a surprise win would have done nothing to tarnish the Hulkster's image, and would have been a great way for the evil Doink to gain more traction as a sadistic character.

I think the original Doink has been underestimated in this thread a bit. Vince was supposed to be high on him, and getting a match with Hogan would have been huge for Doink. I think the Yokozuna route was better, but it is an idea that shouldn't be dismissed as possible. As far as the Hogan black eye goes who knows what happened. I was a kid at the time so I just figured he was in a jet ski accident like they said. Haven't really thought about it since. All of this being said I hate when old stars come out and dry to air dirty laundry. It comes off as bitter and jealous even if they are telling the truth.

For sure he ha been... He wrestled at the original WM remember, against Steamboat in perhaps the best wrestling match of the night. Borne was well respected and also the son of a promoter friend of Vince Sr., so he would have dad a good deal of goodwill from Vince. Maybe he IS bitter. Ultimately he had a great gimmick, the talent but it was perhaps 3-5 years too soon... If he doesn't do the Evil Clown in 92, it could so easily have been Foley in 96.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back