• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does TNA Really Need Jeff Hardy as Heavyweight Champion?

You do know it took him almost a year to get the title..right?

From March 13 2011 up until - the pretaped September 8th show, Hardy was off TNA tv dealing with legal shit and rehabbing. After his return the ENTIRE progress of his time was spent showcasing his chase to rise back from the bottom. He gained a title shot and beat the champ by DQ causing Hardy not to get the belt and work for it again, he then got screwed several times in number one contender matches, time and time again causing him to have to keep trying for more matches. HARDY LOST A NUMBER ONE CONTINDERS match to RVD, He then tried for the tag titles unsuccessfully, he wrestled devon for the tv title to a no contest, he lost a number one continders match to Mr. Anderson, Hardy then entered the BFG Series tournament (this is 2012 now with Hardy still not become world champion and fighting his way back up the ladder against all comers often losing) Hardy WON the BFG series to become Number One Continder once again this time defying both an attack by aces and eight, a possible injury. Hardy then defended the Number 1 spot against Bully Ray the next night, Then on October 14th, Hardy FINALLY faces Austin Aries for the belt...

So im sort of lost on how making a storyline that lasted from March 2011 till October 2012 on a weekly show with ppvs added..was 'built too fast and too easy'. Maybe you just missed a few episode of TNA?

Wow. I realize that you are completely correct, here. I guess that it was all too uninteresting to remember. There was no major villan in the vast majority of the story arc. Hardy is not Anderson or Angle. He is not a lot of guys who can take a minimalist plot like that and make it exciting. He is a cartoon character. This is not a rib. I like cartoon characters. But those guys need a nemesis. The nemesis (if a heel) needs lackies. Think how easy it would have been to build credibility if he had to take the title off of someone who had three minions to send to weaken Jeff, then to help their boss cheat. The BFG series was the wrong place for this. They had been building Storm toward a BFG victory for well over a year. They just inserted hardy into the storyline when he started to mention a possible WWE offer. His rise should have been his own story, instead of a hijacking of someone else's. I do not blame Hardy for this. He did nothing wrong, or even badly. TNA screwed up by punishing Hardy for a year and using the BFG series as a patch of sorts. It was really bad planning.

But, no. I didn't miss any episodes of impact, or even any PPVs. I just forgot about all that because TNA never gave me any reason to care.

I like Jeff Hardy but the belt looked better on people like Austin Aries and Bobby Roode. I hope this is Jeff Hardy's like run as champion because I would like to see the belt on others to have them in the main event picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back