• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does TNA Need Another Show?

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
I was thinking.. everyone makes comparisons to TNA and WCW. some good.. most badly.

I was thinking about WCW today and remember that before Nitro and Thunder were ever on TV. WCW had one weekly TV show .. it was much like Impact. It was not in arena's it was called WCW Saturday Night. It would come on at 6:05pm on Saturdays.

then I look at Impact.. and it gives me the same feel. Now we know Hogan and bischoff are there, but we can not blame them for this since this was around BEFORE them. HOWEVER it got me thinking.. Thursdays impact in a live arena looked GREAT there was s different feel to it.. they were A LOT of people there as well. It pretty much elevated the over all product, regardless of booking.

I compare impact to WCW Saturday night.. maybe TNA needs to focus on another show that is much like what we all saw last night, on the road, in arenas.. and start fresh and new. Leave Impact how it is.. but lauch a new show.

the reason why I say NEW show.. is beacuse lets be logical.. they have the impact zone pretty much for free for a few years. (Not literally but you know what I mean) why give that up? you can keep impact and have another show and promote it everywhere.. it will not only help the new show but impact as well.. Last night proved that they can put butts in seats.

What do you think?

I mean there is only two ways out of this.. this way or move impact on the road and loss the impact zone liscense which could still be good for delevopment type show.

I was thinking.. everyone makes comparisons to TNA and WCW. some good.. most badly.

I was thinking about WCW today and remember that before Nitro and Thunder were ever on TV. WCW had one weekly TV show .. it was much like Impact. It was not in arena's it was called WCW Saturday Night. It would come on at 6:05pm on Saturdays.

then I look at Impact.. and it gives me the same feel. Now we know Hogan and bischoff are there, but we can not blame them for this since this was around BEFORE them. HOWEVER it got me thinking.. Thursdays impact in a live arena looked GREAT there was s different feel to it.. they were A LOT of people there as well. It pretty much elevated the over all product, regardless of booking.

I compare impact to WCW Saturday night.. maybe TNA needs to focus on another show that is much like what we all saw last night, on the road, in arenas.. and start fresh and new. Leave Impact how it is.. but lauch a new show.

the reason why I say NEW show.. is beacuse lets be logical.. they have the impact zone pretty much for free for a few years. (Not literally but you know what I mean) why give that up? you can keep impact and have another show and promote it everywhere.. it will not only help the new show but impact as well.. Last night proved that they can put butts in seats.

What do you think?

I mean there is only two ways out of this.. this way or move impact on the road and loss the impact zone liscense which could still be good for delevopment type show.

I get what you are saying about TNA having another. There is a problem though, the roster isn't big enough for two shows. Even with Xplosion, that is for all intent already the second show TNA has you don't have enough guys/girls for 2 big shows to take on the road.

I kind of see were you coming from when you say tna should have another show with the feel of last night rather than the feel of impact.The problem is they don't have a big enough roster like the guy above me said. I think instead they should just move impact on the road all the time. That way you can focus on TNA as a whole rather than trying to expand something that really cant be expanded just yet.

I think they do have enough people to do this. For one they have like 50 people on the roster and we only see what 20.

Lets do this take impact on the Road--either keep it on Thursdays or move it to another night with alot of ADVERTISING to let people know where it is going. Lets make explosion a new show on Spike or another chanell like my tv or something...using the other folks that are not predominatly being used to start the show and you can film that right in the impact zone and still get your money worth from them to get it started.

With this said they would need to start to hire some new writers for the second show because we all know Russo's head would explode (which might not be a bad idea at the moment)

With the dudleys and the hardy's both having schools to train people in they have their own school for training now.

They can keep impact they way it is now with the main stories there and move the others over and possibly move some older well established names to the new show to give it credability for awhile. I just don't want to see the same people on both shows like we did with NITRO/Thunder. it sucked way to much time wasted that way. You can have some of the guys go back and forth but not as much.

Personally, I'd have an Xplosion 1-hour show on Tuesdays to go head to head with NXT or whatever WWE show would be on that spot. Have that as the Universal Studios-based show, while Impact goes on the road. Being on Spike would give it and the wrestlers on it more visibility instead of just disappearing for months at a time, and keeping it in the Impact Zone warehouse would keep down costs. :shrug:

Guys the problem with TNA is simple it has nothing to do with where they tape the show where they travel to have a show or anything like that... It is Simple TNA is owned by Dixie Carter and whoever else helps her run it. They treat it like a kid treats a toy, when a new wrestler gets signed they shoot him to the moon ( ie play with him everyday ) then when a new one comes in the discard the last (toy) ...what happened with Jay lethal, eric young,the british invasion and everything else it all got abandoned when something new comes along... makes it hard to watch a show like that and impossible to care about a character when the keep falling by the wayside in wake of anything new hogan,bischoff and jersey shore actors......... Seriously they need to get back to basics create,build and stay behind stars..... if you don't agree Prove me wrong..........

Guys the problem with TNA is simple it has nothing to do with where they tape the show where they travel to have a show or anything like that... It is Simple TNA is owned by Dixie Carter and whoever else helps her run it. They treat it like a kid treats a toy, when a new wrestler gets signed they shoot him to the moon ( ie play with him everyday ) then when a new one comes in the discard the last (toy) ...what happened with Jay lethal, eric young,the british invasion and everything else it all got abandoned when something new comes along... makes it hard to watch a show like that and impossible to care about a character when the keep falling by the wayside in wake of anything new hogan,bischoff and jersey shore actors......... Seriously they need to get back to basics create,build and stay behind stars..... if you don't agree Prove me wrong..........

Your point has some merit, but except for Jay Lethal everybody is used. Eric Young was in the Wedding segment last night, the British Invasion guys are used somewhat Williams had a match against Hernandez (The infamous Border Toss match) and Rob Terry is in a feud with Steiner. The only one of the British Invasion guys that is not used is Magnus and even then i think he also had a match with Hernandez.

What do you think?

This kinda makes me chuckle as I cant remember if it was Sat Night or Thunder that was taped at UNVERSAL STUDIOS in the SAME place that they now tape Impact.

Yes its the same freaking place just now with TNA banners...kinda Ironc isnt it?

I remember cause I went to a WCW show there when I was down there in FLA hey it was Free. A buddy of mine who went down there with his kids last summer called me and said hey dude you know they are usin the WCW building for something called TNA. He didnt go in tho cause they were not taping that day LOL.

It wouldn't be a bad idea, this way also they could spread the feuds a bit more, Nitro was 3 hours and they did a great job in giving everyone a spot on the show, now iMPACT hs 2 hours and TNA have a big roster! They struggle and try to use everyone on the same show... This is a problem and then we say we're getting bullshit stroylines and matches because they are being rushed and it's true.. I am not saying do a brand split but anotehr show could lift weight of some wrestlers and maybe jsut leave them without a match but even without a match you can still carry a feud witha strong promo.. Soo why not?

I believe WCW was taped at Disney. Jimmy Hart had a promotion filmed at the "Impact Zone" but that never made it to t.v. Could be wrong on this one but don't think WCW ever taped there.
Anyway a second show could help but it can also take away from ur main show. U either have to use it as a "B-team" show or give it more star power then ur main. Look at the brand split in WWE. It worked for few years but now has started to loose a bit of appeal.
WCW went over board with shows. At one point they were on Sat. for two hours, Sun. for an hour, monday for two hours, and thurs. for two hours. The sunday show was dropped pretty quick but four days was a bit much. Considering this was during the boom in the 90's and it still didn't work i think it would be much harder now.

This kinda makes me chuckle as I cant remember if it was Sat Night or Thunder that was taped at UNVERSAL STUDIOS in the SAME place that they now tape Impact.

Yes its the same freaking place just now with TNA banners...kinda Ironc isnt it?

I remember cause I went to a WCW show there when I was down there in FLA hey it was Free. A buddy of mine who went down there with his kids last summer called me and said hey dude you know they are usin the WCW building for something called TNA. He didnt go in tho cause they were not taping that day LOL.

Thunder went on the road like Nitro .. the impact zone is the same location as WCW Saturday Night was. If you look back on youtube of the first appearance of Macho Man in WCW he was in the same studio. It only aired on Saturday nights.. this was Pre-Nitro. WCW saturday night was on for years before Nitro. Before that it was called Georgia Championship Wrestling.. it was the catalyst for the NWA days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCW_Saturday_Night

I think going on the road is probably best. I can not stop thinking how good Impact looked last night, if they can keep that up it would be great business. but the last thing they want to do is lose there audience AGAIN on Thursdays from Impact. It might be best to have a new show.. on another night for arena type matches like last night. They proved they can put butts in seats already.

No they dont they need to go on the road more often, last night arena feeling and how it looked was great the impact zone just completely sucks, i hate the look and the feeling of it every week they really need to go out more often like last night that wat i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back