Does TNA Need a Developmental System?

CrayzChris

Pretty simple question.

Do you think TNA would benefit from opening up a developmental system?

With the recent signing of Gunner & Murphy - who everyone seems to agree have potential, but are very green....I got to thinking that it might be a good idea if TNA had a place where some of these younger guys could hone their in-ring skills, practice promos, etc.

What do you guys think?

I'm not too sure but I've heard something about a developmental place TNA has in California. I need to do some research on this, see if it's true.

However, if they don't, I think that TNA could definitely use a dev. system, even though it's weird for such a small company to have such a thing. But if they do, and if they have one, it can't do any harm.

I heard that Matt Hardy's starting an OMEGA school and that might turn into a developmental system.

I think TNA would benefit greatly from it. I reckon about 1/3 of their roster are in need of a place to practice.

Well TNA's not had a REAL developmental territory, to my knowledge. But if you remember correctly, at one point TNA had a talent program going on with Ring of Honor (which is probably the best organized promotion back of WWE) until the Feinstein incident and ROH's move to PPV, along with other factors.

And trust me, ROH is where some of TNA's more talented people came from. Examples:
- Samoa Joe in 2005: The reaction was HUGE for his debut against one Sonjay Dutt
- Jay Lethal: Sad that he's being underutilized in this time of Fortune vs. Immortal. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with Kazarian.
- The list can go on and on, but people like Daniels and Roderick Strong and Aries that went back and forth got HUGE experience, and it allowed TNA to put on some of their greatest work. Must we discuss arguably the best match in TNA history: Joe vs. Styles vs. Daniels pt.1?

They already have a developmental system- it's called the WWE.

The indies- and by that I mean true indies like Big Time Wrestling or Chaotic Wrestling- teach the wrestlers the basics of performing. From there, they go to ROH to learn how to work in front of a crowd of more then a couple of drunks who couldn't afford to take their kids to a real show. After a couple of years, either TNA signs them and they fade into obscurity after an initial boost (Sonjay Dutt says "hi!"), or they sign with FCW to learn how to work in front of an arena crowd. The WWE then makes them famous.

Once they're already famous, TNA lures them away with promises of a lighter schedule and non-existent drug testing regimen, and that's how TNA's developmental system works.

They already have a developmental system- it's called the WWE.

--snip--

Once they're already famous, TNA lures them away with promises of a lighter schedule and non-existent drug testing regimen, and that's how TNA's developmental system works.

Um... lets get serious here... TNA doesn't lure ANYONE away.

TNA is on TV, so performers who are let go by WWE actually try to get a deal with TNA.

So no, WWE is not a developmental system for TNA. It's the other way around, if TNA could ever produce anyone good. Look at WCW... same formula. WCW actually did lure guys away, and a few years later they went under. Meanwhile, WWE took their under-utilized younger guys and made them in to huge stars (i.e. Jericho/Guerrero)

Pretty simple question.

Do you think TNA would benefit from opening up a developmental system?

With the recent signing of Gunner & Murphy - who everyone seems to agree have potential, but are very green....I got to thinking that it might be a good idea if TNA had a place where some of these younger guys could hone their in-ring skills, practice promos, etc.

What do you guys think?

Well i'm not sure about this one, but isn't the Team 3D school in Florida some kind of develomental system for TNA? If not, well every other independent company in the USA or around the world could be considered a developemental system for TNA because guys like Kazarian, A.J Styles, Crimson etc. come from the independennts.

TNA has a roster FULL of young, talented guys. I think a dev. system would really benefit the company. The rising stars can practice their mic skills, which seems very rare to have good mic skills these days, and in-ring abilities, but TNA's guys can really put on a good match, especially the "X-Division" if they ever bring THAT back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back