• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does the WWE have people who look on Internet Wrestling Forums?

MWats

Dark Match Winner
We asked for new stars and we got NXT, Sheamus, and Jack Swagger. We asked for unpredictability and we got the Hardy/McIntyre storyline, Randy Orton turning face, the chaotic opening to RAW this past week, and Batista leaving. We said no to Hornswoggle vs. Chavo and it stopped almost immediately. We showed our disapproval of the PG Era and not only did they force themselves to come up with more interesting storylines, like SES' SmackDown! reign, Undertaker being implied dead, Randy Orton's rule of Raw, and Jericho and Miz, we also got Edge to start his 'Controversy Era'. All of these things are not coincidences and I'm probably forgetting a whole lot more things that WWE has done recently that have satisfied the IWC.

With the rise of the internet and it gaining prominence in the wrestling world, do you think that the WWE has people to look on Internet Wrestling Forums to better their product and make it more fan friendly?

To some extent...... they probably browsed these forums but I highly doubt VKM did all of these aforementioned things to appease the IWC.
Christian isn't a world champion yet.......
He knows where the money is and all of those things - creating new stars (Thawgger and Shame-us), unpredictably on SD! and RAW- fattens his purse!

honestly if they were smart they would have people reading what people write about their product, and maybe say hey if we keep this b.s. up people are going to start turning away and that they do not want.

this PG rating has got to go, how can you have a hell in the cell, elimination chamber match or steel cage match with out having someone get busted open and this stopping the match because someone has a bit of blood showing come on its wrestling not story book time.

they want to attrack a younger group, thats fine but doing this water down stuff is loosing people interest, I have watch wrestling since I was 7, I am 37 now, 30 years I have been watching it, getting to the point I record it and fast forward to see if their is of interest or just read about it on line see if I should watch it or not.

so yeah I think they have people doing that, would be smart to know what the fans are thinking

Jesus Christ I hope not. I would shudder to think of what WWE programming would be like if these fucking insane ideas were to come to fruition. Most smarks on the internet have shit ideas, face it. Vince make stories and push people based on logic.... most of the time. I'll admit that sometimes they do put some insanely ridiculous shit on the air from time to time, but the overall program is pretty solid. Not because they get on the internet and look at what 6% of their fans want, but because they respond to PPV sales, tv ratings, merchandise sales, crowd reaction, and other things of that nature that apply to running a successful wrestling business.

Jesus Christ I hope not. I would shudder to think of what WWE programming would be like if these fucking insane ideas were to come to fruition. Most smarks on the internet have shit ideas, face it. Vince make stories and push people based on logic.... most of the time. I'll admit that sometimes they do put some insanely ridiculous shit on the air from time to time, but the overall program is pretty solid. Not because they get on the internet and look at what 6% of their fans want, but because they respond to PPV sales, tv ratings, merchandise sales, crowd reaction, and other things of that nature that apply to running a successful wrestling business.

Exactly and to further that point. What Vince said on Raw pretty much sums up his feelings on the matter. It isn't what the fans want, its about what is good for the business. Fans will always disagree, talk trash about Vince etc yet most of his decisions have been nothing but good for business. The biggest and most recent is John Cena as the leading number face.
If the WWE listened to the internet, Cena would be jobbing to Santino. Yet Vince and the WWE don't listen and make huge money from it

I think the IWC have to understand that they are a small majority (6%-8%) of the WWE Universe. They maybe 75%(or 80%) of TNA fans but not that majority of the WWE Universe. Look at the difference between WWE and TNA.....it is all about the $$$$ and I have given TNA....88 weeks since Jan 4th!...July 2011 if TNA is on par with the WWE...I will give up on them!

Hardy/McIntyre unpredictable? thats the sole reason for unpredicatability. Please!!!!
Asked for new starts, we got NXT.??? they were talking bout doing that for ages. and have done it lots of times in the past. aka Tough Enough and the Diva Search

They'd have to be braindead if they weren't planning for the future and training new people. Which they have been doing since day one, it's just that very few people have cut it when they are in development or get a push to mainstream WWE.

But yes, Michael Cole for one no doubt trolls the popular forums. Since he is a troll. and Joey Styles. Also it's well documented that JR looks around for ideas and talent

It's free research. Saying that doesn't mean that's what they judge everything they will do on. They do have polls on WWE.com and a WWEUniverse forum aswell ya know. and cashflow resulting from tested ideas.

As to Sebastion, well i guess you should give up now, there's no way they will be on equal footing with WWE within 88 weeks, unless WWE loses every major star in that time. They haven't done anything in this supposed resurgance of the WAR, it lasted what 1 month.

"Everyone has to prove themeselves again." Yeah thats why new "top stars" get immediate title shots and washed up guys get Tag Titles, meanwhile the people carrying the show are still doing nothing. They still have NFI, and i doubt they ever will with current staff.

Exactly what I was think.There's no way Vince goes looking for ideas online. Dixie Carter does, and look how well that's working for TNA. I've seen some pretty out there ideas on here. It's seems like I see a thread about how to change Cena a few times a week. I'm sure Vince would find that hilarious since Cena is the biggest draw/star he has.

I think it's possible that people in the WWE looking over internet wrestling forums rather like this one. After all, creators are often also fans. We might have a few of them undercover in this sort of place, manipulating our ideas with their own comments, taking over our brains...AAAUGH! GET 'EM OFFA ME! THEY'RE ALL GREEN!

Ah-ha, sorry. Got a little carried away there. So before I get dragged back to my padded cell and sedated, lemme get back to reality.

Is the WWE watching us? Probably, but more than likely only to laugh at us. Maybe Vince is sitting at his computer somewhere, calling over Shane every now and again to say things like "Look at this here! I can't believe they want to give a push to him of all people." And the two of them share a hearty guffaw and then get back to work.

Face it, we won't change wrestling through the forums. Not even petitions (as good as they make us feel) will make a bit of difference. Still, we can dream, can't we? And who knows, maybe just occasionally we provide a few people in very stressful jobs with some much needed laughter. In my opinion, that alone justifies the very existence of these forums.

Didn't WWE.com have a section that showed different wrestling news of the day from different pro wrestling sites? I am almost sure of it.

Didn't WWE.com have a section that showed different wrestling news of the day from different pro wrestling sites? I am almost sure of it.

Simply No!!! Period End Of Sentence!!! Why would wwe use news from other wrestling websites? Honestly it's their own company they know what's going on in it. They wouldn't have to look at pwinsider to find out Carlito got fired. But back to the topic I don't believe Vince checks the internet for advice. Dixie Carter does tweeting if she should sign Shannon Moore or not.

Actually, yes, they did.

They still may, who knows.

On topic:

I'm betting that somewhere in the long arm of WWE there are cronies who surf the dirt sites, and see what every n00b has to say. how much do those people have to do with Vince McMahon and or decision making? Probably not at all. But you know Vince has feelers out all over the place. People watching the Indy scene (Cm Punk, Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, and Evan bourne anyone?), ROH, TNA, and yes, even the intra-net.

I believe this was it.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/industrynews/

It also has a few RoH and TNA posts. Alternatively I also notice there are fan sites like this http://fans.wwe.com/tnaknockoutsforever that people can make.

I think the intent was to bring more traffic to WWE.com rather than have people look to other websites. That way they would also have some degree and control of information.

For the original post I am pretty sure they do check out the forums and news columns of other websites. However it's probably more so no about looking for what people want, but more so researching what people know or possible leaks within the business. Had that be the case we'd have Matt Hardy in Edge's place. Although it is because of the IWC that Matt Hardy still has a job.

I'm sure WWE has people who look on internet forums. Does WWE have people who GET PAID to look on internet forums? ABSOLUTELY NOT. At least not directly. We all saw how long the "Industry News" section of WWE.com actually showed "industry news."

They don't have much to worry about in terms of a competitive market at this point, and if the pressure is put on them, they know better after the Monday Night Wars (the REAL monday night wars) how to prevent themselves from being in danger. I also think that as we, the IWC, will disagree with each other, so will the general population of wrestling fans. Whether or not they write on a forum or not doesn't matter. There are people who have the power to write the actual episodes, who probably felt that we needed new superstars. That Orton was respected enough by the fans in attendance to be cheered. That Brian Danielson could actually be "the best in the world."

As "Nate" with The Butcher pic said, I certainly hope not. I see some god awful ideas posted on these forums, probably two (kindly) for every one good one.

I think they do take in some of what the WE Universe say...when they read the forums on WWE.com......i don't think they take everything in what fans say though..

This is truth. No one is more self centered and self important than a member of the IWC.

Honestly, I believe the E does have a small group of people hired to go through these forums, and of course their own wwe.com forum. It would be stupid of them not to do it. Its better and easier to go online than to have some wwe douchebag with a microphone asking everyone one he see's "what should the wwe do to improve?" When some people are put on the spot like that they dont answer sincerely. Online is more private and people feel more comfortable expressing their thoughts.

This PG crap has got to go. Its freakin' 2010 for gods sake. Not 1930.

The reason Vince has this PG crap going on is because of his wife's senate run. He could care less if a wrestler loses a gallon of blood in a match, its happened before and it hasnt fazed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back