• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does The Big Show Deserve More?

Does he deserve one last world title reign?

• No

• Yes but a short one

• Yes and a long one

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dibil

Dark Match Winner
I think he does,all of his world title reigns have been flunks with the exception of his ECW title reign. This man has given alot and in my opinion is the greatest big man of all time. He was way better in his early WCW days.If you haven't seen his WCW matches from 1996 and 1997,YOUTUBE THEM.He was in much better shape and WCW booked him better than WWE does.Lets look at his WWE world title reigns:

WWE Championship: 1st reign in 1999
Days held: 50

WWE Championship: 2nd reign in 2003
Days held: 28

ECW Championship: Only reign
Days held: 152

This man deserves a PROPER world title reign before he retires (which might be soon) Also in 1996 he was voted WRESTLER OF THE YEAR over Shawn Michaels by some magazine and their readers.What ever happened to this Big Show?

Lol in 96 he was a beast of a giant, since then he has done many things which now makes it harder to take him seriously...But I agree, just like Kane now, before Big Show leaves, he should have a high profile feud and a good last world title run...Why not? How much will it hurt, give him the World title on Smackdown, after all he held the very same belt back in WCW...It would be a good send off as well, I'm not too sure about the length of the reign though, maybe 2 or 3 months max TBH, depends really if its going to be him feuding with the same guy, or can he go from feud to feud holding the world title..

But, sure why not, lets see a last Big Show world title run!

He doesn't really need another world title reign. Big Show isn't the guy to carry the company, or the brand that he's on. So why would we want to put the championship on Big Show, especially considering he's older now, and while he's entertaining and all that, his legacy is already more than enough to warrant him a Hall of Fame future.

Big Show is great, we get that. But he's just not in the place where he's worth giving a championsihp anymore. There's a lot, and I mean a lot of better choices than Big Show. I'm not gonna say Big Show is above championships, because he's not. Sure he doesn't need it to seem legit and worth something, but his legacy could always become bigger by another championship reign.

And that's the exact thing, sure his legacy becomes bigger, but he doesn't need a bigger legacy. His legacy and his career is more than legitimate, credible and decorated as fuck. He has 13 championship reigns since he joined WWF, so that's more than fine really.

So Big Show doesn't exactly deserve more no. He's fine.

I voted yes but a short one because I think it would be a good send of for him, he doesn't need it for long just two months or something just so he can have one more reign. I don't think he needs one he's doing good as he is I just think one more before he retires would be a pretty good send off.

I voted no because Big Show is simply not world title material. He is not a very good wrestler, but he is a very good entertainer. He doesnt act seriously enough when he walks to the ring to be taken seriously for a world champion. I know his smiling, waiving to, and slappin hands w/ the crowd is good and all,but not for a great world champion.

No. And for the simple fact that Show doesn't draw as the world champ. Of course he's believable as one, no questioning that. But both his times holding the gold were just boring. But to say 50 days was not long, by today's standards it is! Look at the big thing he had going while he was WWF champ in 1999. The Big Boss Man/Big Show's dead father thing. That was just as bad as the Boss Man/Al Snow thing. I personally like Big Show chasing the title more then holding it. Give him the tag titles with Jericho? That was good. The US title thing with Cena? That was well done as well. But no more World titles please.

Big Show's ECW Title reign was a pretty entertaining watch, despite the fact that omgz it didn't draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a heel champion, Big Show would definitely be a great watch, and whoever would beat him would look pretty awesome doing it. I wouldn't be against it, but I really like babyface Big Show, too.

I'd love to see Big Show get another title reign one day, as a thank you to his service to the company. The Big Show is extremely entertaining to me. He's big, he's strong, he's really funny on the mic, and I love that he's a babyface now. He just looks like he's having fun out there. He'd make a believable champion, and who cares if he doesn't "draw"? No one watches Smackdown except a consistent base. The people who do watch Smackdown aren't going to turn it off just because of Big Show.

I want to see Show get another reign, even a short one! He's entertaining, believable and fun and deserves it after being with the company for so long. Plus anyone who beats him will get lots of credibility. There's no reason not to give him a transitional reign.

I have always been a fan of the Big Show. The man is massive, but on top of that has quite good mic skills. I have wanted a Big Show title run since his return, however at this point it doesnt seem likely.

Big Show's probably doesnt actually need another title run, he seems to do well in the place he is right now. Also his large size and overall dominance makes him great for putting over a young, up and coming star.

Another thing that will of course work against him is his inability to draw. He plain and simple has been proven not to draw, so putting the belt on him would be a pointless move from that perspective. That is unless of course he is made into a dominant champion so as to give the rub to an up and comer, Undertaker or even Kane at this point seems more suited to do that though.

This man deserves a PROPER world title reign before he retires (which might be soon) Also in 1996 he was voted WRESTLER OF THE YEAR over Shawn Michaels by some magazine and their readers.What ever happened to this Big Show?

No one, let me repeat that, NO ONE deserves anything in any business, let alone the wrestling business. "What have you done for me lately" will forever be the mantra of the day. And for good fucking reason.

Show should get the belt? Because he existed and was a mutant who practically coasted his entire career on the fact that he was a physiological anomaly? Fuck that. This is also the same fat fuck that couldn't get his act together and had to be demoted to OVW, and on the company's dime no less. Instead of making money for WWE his sloth-like behavior was costing them money. Then he tries his hand at boxing and working the indies with Hogan, finds he can't draw a cent and crawls back to WWE to pad his retirement portfolio.

IF, and that a big "if", he gets the belt it should be a big build-up that makes him look positively beastly. This of course is all for someone else to go over clean—and be made to look like a million bucks in the process—thereby furthering the business. It should NOT be done because he did stuff years ago and therefore "deserves" a championship run as a kayfabe gold watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back