Does one of WWE's big 4 have a purpose in Stableless wrestling?

Bobby B

Time to play the game
Survivor Series? When was the last time the 4-4 format actually had a purpose? When was the last time any match akin to Team Miz vs Team Morrison drew any buys?

Although I like the name, and I do like the elimination concept (I'm a fan of it) but I really don't think it has a purpose anymore. 4 on 4 matches don't serve us any purpose - just look at last years event.

The Nexus may be invovled in a big match at Survivor Series - but I question what long term future this PPV has.

As a quick side note. I don't mind the PPV staying, I just don't think random Team X vs Team Y matches are going to draw much.

What do you think? Weren't there rumours that the WWE were thinking of dropping the Survivor Series PPV?

I made a thread about how the Nexus could bring back War Games if the WWE was smart.

Have this feud go up all the way up until the Survivor Series (to do this, they need to make the NXT look like they belong in the ring with the highest of the food chain)

We f'n get it, they can beat people up 7-1... Let's get them in the ring and actually put them over! I felt they made Barrett's match with Henry good, but Barrett already had the over appeal. They should of gave Sheffield that match and let Sheffield have the Henry pick-up spot.

But like I said, if they could get the stable as itself (not just Gabriel and Barrett) over.. than Survivor Series match-up could do buys. I'm not going to comment to much on War Games because a PG War Games would defeat the purpose... but how amazing would it be.

Survivor Series presents War Games: Team WWE vs. Nexus

The Survivor series isn't about stables. It's about continuing feuds in a gimmick match where titles don't have to be on the line. Anybody else remember the good old days when there was more to wrestling than title matches? Hogan, Jake, and Demolition were not a stable in 1989. Likewise for their opponents DiBiase, Zeus, and Powers of Pain.

Yes, Survivor Series has a purpose. Today's generation doesn't know it since they didn't grow up with good ones.

Yes, but they unscarpped it..

I have to agree, its not what they used to be, its the cerative team, they don't know how to book them anymore, I say steal some ideas from the very first Survivor Series, 80% of those watching WWE now will have no idea they have taken the old idea..

Bak in the early days, you had like 4 matches on the card and all of them where the elimnation matches and each lasting like 20-40 mins..and they never had boring names like Team Miz vs Team Morrison (which could have easily been Team Awesome vs Team Greatness), back in the days they had names like Team Warriors vs. The Heenan Family...

Back then the WWE champion was also invloved in the tag matches, they never defended the titles and that is something I liked a lot, and also whenw as the last time we had a elimination tag match as the main event?? 2005...I think this year we should see another one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back