Does it make you sad?

While I’ll agree that there are a lot of guys that one could say was a total disaster and maybe shouldn’t have been champion. In my opinion, however, the Miz is not one of them. I actually found his title reign to be quite entertaining and fresh and I thought he deserved to be champion. He was gold on the mic, he was good in the ring, and back then the character that he was playing was a great heel. I’ll never forget the face that little girl made when he won the championship. The Miz was definitely over at that point, however, he’s just another example of the WWE ruining a good thing. There is no reason why the Miz shouldn’t be over right now. That’s just my opinion though.

Well, yeah man. Your opinion. Quite a lot of people opine the same as I did when it comes to the Miz. Surprisingly, I see a few people on here who practically call Dean Ambrose overrated and what not, but many of them want Dean Ambrose to be pushed.

Most of us here like Cesaro but you will find a few in the comments section on WZ who claim that he sucks in the ring! I think Lodaron just posted that somewhere in this thread or somewhere.

I watch for Lesnar, Sting and Owens.
Lesnar means i will see him wrecking someone/something and a good Heyman promo.
Sting is my nostalgia star.
Owens is the best current guy they have in my opinion.

I'am tired of The Authority storyline - it seems like WWE just can't live without evil GMs since 1998, and this storyline is always the same.
I tired of creative fails: "it looks like our fans want Daniel Bryan as RR winner. Then we will give them Batista, they'll learn to love it", "our fans want to see Brock vs someone new. Well, Big Show is new, isn't he?", "our fans want Taker vs Sting. Yeah, Triple H vs Sting is better for them", "we starting Divas Revolution, who will get the title? Nikki should hold title hostage to beat AJ Punk record!", "ADR is back, what we gonna do? Give him stupid MexicanAmerica storyline and Zeb Colter as manager", "fans almost agree to give Roman Reigns a chance as WWE champion! Nah, give them Sheamus" etc

Not so much sad as disappointed. I honestly think that the roster is very talented but they're given nothing from creative to work with. Now I understand that its up to the talent to make what they are given work but come on. A polished turd is still just a piece of shit.

Actually, it reeks of "We really regret Cesaro and Seth Rollins are injured and Sheamus is as boring as ever".

And again, we're still involving your opnion (minus the injuries of course).

Perhaps all of the others who have written paragraphs over paragraphs of bitterness as diehard wrestling fans and myself are fools right?

If they're actually getting sad about professional wrestling, yes.

The only person I like is John Cena. Everybody else is just there as nameless faceless bodies that sometimes win or lose a match or sometimes talk on the microphone about whatever. Me and Dean Ambrose share a hometown which is cool. But yeah no full time members of the main roster besides John Cena are must see to me.

In NXT I like Apollo Crews because he will be the next John Cena if he can overcome the obstacle of being a black man. I also like Samoa Joe because I watched him in TNA.

This doesn't make me sad. I just sit there and eat my weekly WWE then forget everything that happened until it's time for my next serving. The only thing that produces any emotion at all is when they have a chance to make something must see but instead do the opposite and put the world title on Lameus when they could have turned someone.

Idk man just sit there and watch it all unfold...or don't...ehh

In light of the recent injuries of Seth Rollins and Cesaro, I wanted to bring this up and ask you guys..

In the past, between 2002-2010, we were invested in so many wrestlers that it never occured to us that at any given point- Edge or Chris Jericho being out for a couple of months should hinder our joys and thrills from WWE programming. Think about it- that was a time when Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Batista, HHH, Randy Orton, and unfortunately John Cena, were the legend/maineventers with a solid group of wrestlers like Jericho, Edge, Booker T(until2007), Kurt Angle(until 2006), and newcomers like Mr. Kennedy and CM Punk to always look forward to seeing.

Fast Forward to 2014- CM Punk's gone. Daniel Bryan's gone. John Cena is still around but I don't care.

A disconnected fan like myself watches Cesaro and he's like "WOW!". He watches Seth Rollins and thinks, "man this guy is good. Good like Shawn Michaels good". Obviously, when I got invested in Mr. Kennedy/Anderson, he got fired. Jack Swagger although entertaining(at one point) in the ring, never reached there. So basically, my reasons for watching WWE now were/are Cesaro and Seth Rollins, and Kevin Owens being a pretty entertaining heel. And then they get injured.

My question to you is:- Does the fact that there are only 2-3 wrestlers one can be invested in today as opposed to 10-12 wrestlers in the 2000s, make you sad, especially when they get injured?

And point out all that talent from NXT you want but most of those guys are under 6ft tall and will likely never be main eventers, and that includes Nelville and Kalisto and Finn Balor. That makes me want to ask:-

Considering the current main roster-including the injured Cesaro and Seth Rollins and absent Daniel Bryan, whom do you look forward to seeing on a weekly basis? You could even say Damien Sandow so just go ahead and list them.

I think the 2000s are overrated. Personally I don't think things are much different than how they are now. Back then, we had HHH, Rock, Austin shoved down our throats but you had guys like Kane, Jericho, Benoit (before WM XXX), RVD (before 2006) never winning the big one.

I think the 2000s are overrated. Personally I don't think things are much different than how they are now. Back then, we had HHH, Rock, Austin shoved down our throats but you had guys like Kane, Jericho, Benoit (before WM XXX), RVD (before 2006) never winning the big one.

Yes EXACTLY. Back then, you had Jericho, Kane, Benoit, Angle, and Rob Van Dam or even Booker T to watch for or wish they were world champion instead of same old Austin/Rock/HHH.

Whom do we have today? Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus are already shoved down our throats.

Ziggler and to an extent even Dean Ambrose have no chance and no hope of ever becoming world champions/maineventers for a sustained period of time. And I by no means think that Dean doesn't have it or deserve it. But does WWE?

Bray Wyatt is just a watered down version of Mankind with not half as much of talent/in-ring ability/personality/originality as Mick Foley.

Hence, the thread. Once our favourites Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Cesaro are gone, that's it. Of course I like Randy Orton too but I doubt you would want an already stale and former 13 time champion Randy to be around and be champion. Let alone John Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back