Does Goldberg Deserve A Retirement Match At WrestleMania?

Does he deserve to end his career at Wrestlemania?

He had a great run in WCW that many remember him for, and he also had a WWE run which ended at Wrestlemania 20. If his career ended at Wrestlemania I sure hope it would be better than THAT match. He does deserve to go out better than that in my opinion.

Who should end his Career?

It is difficult to say. He would obviously want to win the match. Who on the roster could put on a decent feud with Goldberg and not be damaged by a loss? That is the better question. Orton could put on a good feud with him and bring back his Legend Killer persona if even just for that angle. I'd want Orton to win though and Goldberg might not agree to that.

and would it Overshadow Rock/Cena if it happened at WM28?

Not a chance. The one and only way that ANYTHING could EVER overshadow Cena VS The Rock is if Taker's streak ended because it takes a huge shocking spoiler to be a bigger deal than a dream match between icons of two eras, and we all know the odds of the streak ending are next to nothing.

Does he deserve to end his career at Wrestlemania?

No he does not. He was in WWE for one year and it wasn't that great. He is a tiny blip on the radar in the long history of WWE.

Who should end his Career?

I'll twist this question around a bit since I don't feel he deserves a mania retirement match. If Goldberg were to return to WWE I would like to see him wrestle Taker at mania. It's pretty obvious. Who owns wrestling's greatest streak? Simple enough and a fresh and intriguing match. I would only like to see this if Goldberg were to actually return for more than just mania. He is not deserving of just showing up for one big match at mania and then leaving immediately after.

and would it Overshadow Rock/Cena if it happened at WM28?

I'll share the response of most people and simply say :lmao:

Nah, Goldberg never really looked that good in WWE, not really. He's the phenom of WCW and the man that held WCW's streak. Taker is the Phenom of the WWE and holds WWE's streak.

I would love to see Goldberg on TV wrestling again, but not when WWE does the booking. Same thing goes for Sting. Goldberg, & Sting would be great opponents for The Undertaker, but not at Wrestlemania and not in the WWE.

I don't think anyone needs to end Goldberg's career. Goldberg decides when he's done, not some kayfabe opponent.

Goldberg vs Taker OR Goldberg vs Austin at WM28 might overshadow Rock vs Cena, but it's all about the buildup, and how good the writers can make the story-arch and then how willing Goldberg & his opponent are willing to work together. I also don't think creative has it in them to make anything Goldberg does look good, not when you look to see who the head of creative is.

Goldberg & Austin are good friends IRL, so that would provide for the better feud since they'd be willing to put each other over and work together longer to make the feud great too.

Taker on the other hand doesn't like to put over WCW guys, it's part of the reason Vince has him at #2 on his personal top 50 list of all time favorite superstars.

Ultimately Goldberg didn't do enough for WWF to deserve a retirement match at Wrestlemania, and he'll never go into WWE's hall of fame, but I would like to see him in TNA/Impact Wrestling and get the kind of star treatment you're talking about there.

Does he deserve it? No.

While Goldberg was big, huge even, during the wrestling boom, that's it. He was just a product of the time. He's the equivalent of a Quarterback who had one really good season. Personally I think he's awful on the mic. I don't think he's that great in the ring, though he is extremely agile for his size.

Honestly, I don't think he did much. You can argue he brought a lot because he was a top guy and a focal point, but without Goldberg, I think WCW would have done the same. Even at the time people called him a Stone Cold rip off (even though the only similarities were black trunks, a bald head, and a goatee).

Now if Goldberg showed up on RAW would people pop? Probably. But...

Would it improve ratings? No.
Would it sell PPVs? No.
Would it matter? No.

Well, does he really deserve one? I mean what has he done for the company? i think that you should only get a retirement match if you deserve one, i mean look at Shawn Michaels, he deserved his, but that's because he was with the company for more that a decade, Goldberg on the other hand, was in the WWE for less than 3 years, and was stale and boring. No one remembers Goldberg most for his WWE stint, but his WCW stint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back