• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone here actually buy every WWE PPV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way. They are waaaay to expensive for one. There also are waaay too many and I feel that devalues each show. I watch them online for free. Ill let the WWE have my money when I feel the show will be worth my money. I can predict 90% of the card anyways and until they shake things up a bit I won't buy it. Tell me...is R Truth gonna take the title this week? Is there even a chance? I dont think so.

To the OP, Are you insane?? Nobody in there right mind would buy every single WWE PPV to see Cena dominate. Even when its a TNA PPV i wouldn't buy it( not because its not good) i can just watch the stream on the net.

I don't buy any ppv.. I find free streams online, if I feel like watching the show.. but if I miss the ppv's, I don't care because i find out what happened on Raw or Smackdown or TNA Impact.. or I just read the results :)

why pay for a ppv when you can get Raw or Smackdown free? Yeah, the ppvs don't feel like ppv's anymore.. they feel like the regular shows.. even the crapfest called WrestleMania.. It's not Mania anymore, it's a glorified Raw :(

Forget the money, why pay for a WWE PPV when you'll just see a rematch, or close to it, the next night on Raw?

No, when I was younger we used to get every Raw PPV and the 4 big ones. As of now I believe that the last PPV that we got was WM 23. They just keep going up in price making it harder to buy something that will be on the shelf in a months time for less money.

The only ones i would buy are the same as everyone else, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania and Summerslam. I used to purchase Survivor Series but now, that event dosen't seem to have the same reputation as the other big events. When WWE had the original Pay Per Views for eg, Backlash, No Mercy etc etc...I used to buy them because from all the years watching those events you knew that it was going to be good. Nowadays the WWE events are just like watching a 3 hour RAW. At Capitol Punishment CM Punk is facing Rey Mysterio. Its happened twice over the past two weeks of RAW. It should really have a stipulation. The best event ever in the history of WWE was WWE royal rumble 2000 and it was free on Channel 4 in the UK. lol So no, I do not buy every event.

BRING BACK CHANNEL 4 EVENTS....

I only buy the Royal Rumble. It is hard to predict the winner and it is a good hour match. It is also the original gimmick pay per view. Also, winning the Royal Rumble seems to be bigger then being champion. Plus there is always both titles on the line, just as any other pay per view. I just love the match. Will watch all the other ones online for free. Wrestlemania just doesn't do it for me. It has even lost its luster it seems.

Some of the PPV's are shown 'free' on Sky Sports as Sky Sports is an add on sports package available to Sky customers that isn't cheap

True, first you must buy the basic package which is around £19, then to add the Sky Sports Package costs a further £20. So thats £39, which is about $65 a month!!!

I remember when PPV's were on Channel 4 around 2000 which as COMPLETLY FREE. Channel 4 showed the Royal Rumble, they also had 3 more PPV's (think KOTR was one) aswell. They decided to pass this up on the second year because they got SEVEN complaints about Mae Young showing her tits to JR.

Channel 4 had never had such viewing figures at 1am in the morning like they did for the Royal Rumble. Yet this is the Channel which shows 'filth' like Shamelessand Eurotrash!!!!!!!! Just madness.

I would if I could afford it but I do not order EVERY single PPV because of money issues. However I make it a point to order most of them and then for any that I miss I'll look up footage of the matches online. After being a fan for so many years it gets to the point where you don't want to miss a single match. Plus it is always fun to see how my predictions do against the real results.

The only PayPerView I purchase is WrestleMania. For the past few years, I’ve contemplated not getting it, but my Step Daughter somehow convinces me every year to get it since 2007. Now my 2 year old Son is all about it. I refuse to get the others cause I just can’t afford it on a monthly basis.

I still get most of the WWE PPVs with the exception of a couple because either short on money or on vacation. I still get Royal Rumble,Wrestlemania,Summerslam,and Survivor Series. Plus I still get a few of the in-between ones like Extreme Rules and will be getting Captiol Punishment.

So yes I still do get alot of the PPVs.

I pay for a great majority of them... it just depends on my money situation and if I feel it'll be worth the pay... besides, if I don't then my neighbor will since that's how we do things lol... So far, WWE's been on a roll and has earned the 60 a month from me and I've not been disappointed by a pay per view yet. I'll be catching Capitol Punishment at my friend's house this weekend because my house is being repainted.

I buy one or two PPVs a year......and only when there's a card I can't resist.

It's simply too expensive, especially since I can remember the original "In Your House" PPVs that WWE was offering for $9.95. I love WWE, but I don't like the notion of them luring us in with initially low prices, then socking it to us in the end.

Whether you have the money or not, you have to look in terms of value. My cable supplier offers the PPVs at $45, and that's too damn much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back