Does anyone buy cd's anymore?

Not online or through itunes or whatever but an actual, physical cd bought at a music store?

The last cd I bought was like 2 years ago, don't even remember what it was. I think it was Danzig or something. Ever since I discovered torrents I just have been too cheap to pay for cd's, even from artists I respect.

Naw after years of downloading I can't bring myself to do that.

Also as a musician myself I feel I'm allowed to do it at this point.

Not online or through itunes or whatever but an actual, physical cd bought at a music store?

The last cd I bought was like 2 years ago, don't even remember what it was. I think it was Danzig or something. Ever since I discovered torrents I just have been too cheap to pay for cd's, even from artists I respect.

I used to download when I was younger, but now that I'm an adult and have a job, I just go ahead and buy the CDs. You get better quality, it's easier, the wear and tear on your CD burner is easier, and it's not like downloading torrents is completely free, you still have to pay for blank CDs.

Not very often, but that has more to do with lack of money and the fact that not to many bands out there are releasing albums I would want

last CD I bought was Stone Sour: Audio Secrency

Having an Ipod makes the cd itself almost useless to me (and most people) these days. Plus you can buy like 50 blank CD's for the price of one New CD. And I'll give up some quality to save some money. But I see what your saying as I've been telling myself since I started working consistently again that I would go back to buying CD's, just haven't yet for some reason.

I still buy cd's just to have them. People talk to me about this band and that band, yeah I got that cd for sure. I also like to look and have the album art work.

I bought the new Kanye cd last week Delux Edition so I can have the short film "Runaway". I usually buy the deluxe edition of albums bc I like to play them in my car.

Having an Ipod makes the cd itself almost useless to me (and most people) these days.
Not really. CDs still sound better in a car audio system than an iPod does, at least when running through an auxiliary jack.

Plus you can buy like 50 blank CD's for the price of one New CD.
Yes, but the quality isn't as good, and blank CDs deteriorate much more quickly than a pressed CD does.

And I'll give up some quality to save some money. But I see what your saying as I've been telling myself since I started working consistently again that I would go back to buying CD's, just haven't yet for some reason.

Yeah, not to mention that whole "breaking the law" thing.

I still buy CD's all the time. If there is some artist that I don't particularly care for, but I like one or two of his songs, I will probably just download those couple of songs and skip the CD purchase. But if it's an band/artist that I particularly like (such as Rush), I will buy the CD as soon as it's available. Better quality of sound, plus I like having the CD collection. For convenience sake, I can still put any of the music I like onto my ipod anyway.

The last CD I bought was Relapse: Refill. I have an iPod, so CD's do me no good. I just download all my music.

I have an iPod too, doesn't mean I don't still listen to CDs, when at home or or in my car if I'm listening to music it's most likely a CD and not my iPod, why the fuck would I want to where headphones/buds whatever the fuck you want to call them, at home, or while I'm driving... and I can't afford the fucking car adapter, shit is like $65-80, fuck that

I have an iPod, and do download music. However, I still buy CDs. I generally try to buy the new CDs of all my favorite artists.

And Justin, you don't need an expensive car adapter to play your iPod in the car. I have a small speaker case (that uses AA batteries) that I purchased at Best Buy for only 10 or 15 bucks, and use that in the car, and it works very well. I still use CDs in the car, if the batteries die, or if there's a specific CD I want to listen to that I have in my CD Visor case thing.

The only CD's I buy are ones where every song on the album is what I'm paying for. In other words, the main type of CD I get are greatest hit albums that are well-known and/or I like. Last ones I purchased was The Essential: Michael Jackson and Arch Enemy's "The Root of All Evil."

Although I must admit with the whole buying songs on iTunes, buying CD's are nearly irrelevant to me... as well as the fact that the store I can get bands/CD's/genres that I am interested in is JB Hi-Fi... and I don't like traveling too far and paying for parking for those.

I have an iPod too, doesn't mean I don't still listen to CDs, when at home or or in my car if I'm listening to music it's most likely a CD and not my iPod, why the fuck would I want to where headphones/buds whatever the fuck you want to call them, at home, or while I'm driving... and I can't afford the fucking car adapter, shit is like $65-80, fuck that

Does your car stereo not have an aux in port, because you could just buy and audio jack lead for like $3.

Otherwise, no i don't buy cds ever. i don't even have a cd player anymore. Why am i going to pay £10-£15 for an album when i can get it for £7.99 on iTunes or Amazon? Just for a plastic case and the booklet? Fuck that.

I'll only buy CDs of my favourite bands, I'll probably download or listen to a couple of tracks first beforehand and then make an eventual purchase.

I have a tape deck in my car, but it doesn't work. I have the tape that has the plug on the end of it, used it in my last car. The jacks for radios are incredibly cheap.

I still buy them, though not as frequently as I used to. I'm more selective about which ones I buy now.

I also like to have my music collection as something I can actually access and display in person (same with my movie collection) instead of just being on iTunes or on a computer, so I'm big on having copies of specific albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back