• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you want morrison to succeed

leemurf

Suck It!!!!
well the title says it all, do you want:
"jomo"
"the shamin of sexy"
"the guru of greatness"
john morrison to succeed in wwe. Now im not talking about winning one wwe championship and a few months after losing it we never see him again in the championship picture and have boring fueds succeed im talking about triple h, shawn michaels succeed.
what is triple h/shawn michaels succeed? well its being in great fueds and getting a few titles.
i really want him to be successful because he has the look and moves (maybe he should be a heel)
I see him being a great champion one day and when he's not champion he could be in great fueds with stars like sheamus, cena, hell maybe even the undertaker. many people call him the next hbk and i agree because his in ring work is just phenominal.

anyway i want to know what you think of morrison and do you think he'll have great success in wwe and if he'll be the next hbk

This is a bit of a numb question really, of course I want him to succeed. Every guy who goes out there I want to succeed because to succeed means that first he is to entertain me. And if I'm entertained, I'm very happy. As far as JoMo is going, he's done a fairly decent job so far. Despite never having any real storylines since ECW, he's established himself as an Upper Midcard star and a hard person to get a win over. He's succeeding as we speak.

I hate when people compare a current Superstar to a past superstar..There will NEVER be another HBK, Shawn was one of a kind, these guys have to create there own legacy, not piggy back off another (See Ted Dibase Jr.'s Current Issue).

On point, I don't think anybody cares anymore, which is the WORST possible thing for Jomo.. IF people DONT want you to succeed, you are doing your job..If people DO want you to succeed you are doing your job..Right now nobody really care's, and with wins in the last year or two over Swagger (while champ), CM punk (While Champ), and Jeff Hardy (while Champ) and multiple Smackdown Title shot's he has nobody to blame but himself. He has let his character get stale, and has been pushed hard by Creative (again multiple world title shots, IC Champ run)..

Now he's gone through a rough patch with nothing to do (I think due to his failed push attempts in the past), and hopefully after this Nexus thing happens he get's into a real personal feud, that can help elevate his character.

EDIT: Guess I never really gave a straight answer, so

I honestly don't care anymore.. If he succeeds that is fine with me, and if he's gone within the month I have no problem with that either. He dosen't grab my attention or make me care about him, he has potential but it's well past time to live up to it. He isn't a young guy trying to "bust through that glass ceiling" , he is being passed up by better young talent time and time again as they move into the main event picture. He should be breaking into the main event right now, not Sheamus or The Miz. While I like sheamus and Miz better then Jomo he was next in line for the Main Event, but his lack luster performace over the past 6 months (since he got the IC title on smackdown) has honestly allowed these guys to leapfrog him, and it isn't creative's fault, or HHH's fault, or anyone else's. He got passed up because he stopped improving.

I used to want to see John succeed, back when he was actually somewhat interesting to watch. I found him decent back in the early 2009 period, ever since he won the Intercontinental championship he has been boring in one way or another however.

I don't care enough for Morrison to care about him succeeding or not, at least not right now. I do not see it ever happening, so I place any bets on him ever succeeding, so I guess in a way I don't want him to succeed.

He'd need some serious improvement all around for me to care about his chances in the top at any given point. He's inconsistent with some moves, most particularly his finisher, as well as he's bland on the microphone. Why would I want someone like that to succeed over someone who definitely has all the tools available to make it much bigger than Morrison, while keeping me interested?

I'm not understanding. I would be absolutely pissed to see some one post in here and sa they,regardless of who it is,want another human being to fail in their profession. I could understand if you said "Do you want to see JoMo as a staple in the main event or just upper mid card?" But damn dude,succeed or fail? That's pretty harsh.

To answer your question,yes I would love to see John Morrison in the main event,but not quite yet. He's been around for some years sure,but he hasn't had that feud quite yet where we'll look up and say"JoMo's got it"(whatever the hell "it" is) but we know it when we see it. He's got to start building his total package,and then he'll be able to move up into the big leaugues. As of right now,with the spot on NXT and holding the front line against Nexus alongside guys like Cena,Edge, Jericho and a legend in Bret Hart? That's got to be a major indication of how he's regarded backstage

I've been feeling a heel turn coming on for Morrison since Wrestlemania. I felt that the team he has formed with R-Truth was a ticking time bomb and I'm sure I heard a few rumours that one of the two is to turn heel. Right now, I'd have to single out Truth as the better of the two in terms of ability in ring and on the mic, actual personality and watchability too. If one of them is to turn heel and the two have a feud, I see it being a bigger success with Truth face and Morrison Heel. This is probably the only real way of boosting JoMo's character and add freshness.

I would like to see Morrison suceed as I would with any wrestler b/c there should never be somebody who you would want to fail unless they are a complete jackass in real life. Although, Morrison is just showing me flash in the ring and that is it at the moment. The only thing exciting about Morrison is his finisher which is poorly executed. He needs to go back to being the Morrison of 2007 who had fueds with Jeff Hardy, John Cena, CM Punk, and was in one of the most sucessful tag teams in the decade with the Miz. He doesn't have to be heel to this. He just needs to stop being less corny and actually make his character "cool" again. Every Morrison promo right now has him throwing out cheesy lines that no one cares for. If he actually showed more depth in his persona, I think you will get what you want with Morrison then.

JoMo needs to go back to Smackdown and have one last decently long run with the Intercontinental Title. He could get drafted to smackdown when it goes to SyFy and start a fued with whoever. Then everntually get back into the IC Title hunt. Maybe have Ziggler(c) vs Morrison at WM to build them both up. Or you could even have him fued with CM Punk and make him try to get Joey Mercury out of the SES. Really tho I would love to see him go back to being a heel and maybe reform Miz and Morrison. The difference being is they're both more established so it would be similar to the Edge/Jericho team. They could win the tag titles and build them up again. (Miz would have already lost the US Title and failed at cashing in MITB). Miz would not win the title simply because I think he has more to build on within the Upper-Mid Card level at this point.

Absolutely I want Morrison to succeed, he has a very unique in-ring style, but his problem is a lack of character... he has plenty of personality and a good sense of humor, but he's just a vanilla face right now. He needs some sort of distinguishing edge or characteristic to put him over... but technically that's the writing staff's job

I definitely want John Morrison to succeed, I really do, I have been a fan of his for a while now. But there's a catch: I want him to succeed after he turns heel again.

John Morrison is a natural heel and he was way better in that role than the wishy washy face that he is now. When he was the brash, cocky, arrogant heel who thought he was better than everyone, better looking than everyone, etc., that's when he was at his best, and that's how I want him to find his successful niche. Plus, it seems like some of his weaknesses in the ring were not as obvious when he was in heel mode as they are now. I realize he needs some work and some improvement, this can be developing while he's functioning as a heel.

If his character stays as is, it's not like I want him to fail, it's just I'm totally apathetic toward him as a face. He has no character, no identity, no uniqueness as a face. Great minds have suggested he's like a dialtone with his current persona, and I would tend to agree.

Get rid of the flippy nonsense like Starship Pain (which he usually misses anyway and just looks non-plausible). Get the arrogance back. And turn Melina back into a heel to re-join him as well for all of the same reasons.

They should be a young hungry heel power couple, instead they're both just meh. Turn him heel again and give him a big push, I'd be all over that.

Yes I definitely want him to succeed but as a face he quite simply won't, if he is to have a chance of succeding then he needs to go back to being a heel where he can actually cut a half decent promo. He has the in ring skills and has proven that he can put on very good matches with proven main event talent (Edge, Hardy, Punk, Mysterio) and he has a good look all he needs are some promo skills which he quite simply dosent have as a face.

I'd like to see John Morrison succeed, but I don't think that's going to happen as face. When Morrison was a heel, he was much more interesting than he has been and he just seems to have lost a lot of fire since he came to Raw.

This past Monday on Raw and Tuesday on NXT, Morrison seemed different to me. Maybe it's just me hoping to see something that isn't there, but he seemed to have a drive about him that he hasn't had in a long while. He looked like a star on Monday and Tuesday. I'd like to see him succeed because he's got the stuff inside the ring, but the guy's gotta do something to make me care about him ultimately and he hasn't really done that in a long while.

Of course I want Morrison to succeed. He has put on good matches and given good promos, so I have no doubt in my mind that he has what it takes to be a very entertaining WWE superstar.

The people saying he should be put back with Melina, though, are nuts. He doesn't need a diva to be a mouth piece or eye candy or anything. JoMo has the natural charisma the the look of a WWE superstar and the skills in both the ring and on the mic. He just has to start trying as hard as he did when he was on ECW. Back then he was fighting to get into the spotlight, get off the 3rd rate program and get some more exposure on Smackdown or RAW. Now that he has done that, he has grown complacent, but if he really wants to be a championship like so many predicted he would become, he needs to try harder.

I think they should move morrison back to smackdown. WWE should definatley put him in a feud with the undertaker. maybe have him be the one to end the WM streak. having him end the streak could really help elevate him in the the mainevent and to compete for the world title.

I think they should move morrison back to smackdown. WWE should definatley put him in a feud with the undertaker. maybe have him be the one to end the WM streak. having him end the streak could really help elevate him in the the mainevent and to compete for the world title.

The streak should only be ended, if at all, by someone who is a viable threat. Thus far, Morrison has not been that guy. It would not be believable and would generate hatrid, not heel heat, for him. That would eventually kill his career.

I would love to see JoMo succeed....I posted a thread a few months back saying he seems to be the next Shelton Benjamin....I will take back that entire thread because it seems recently he has a drive...I am not taking the thread back because I think he will succeed, but I take it back because he has one thing Shelton didnt, actually several....he has an actual reaction, and he appears to have drive which is something that couldnt be said for Shelton....he even nailed the starship pain flawlessly for once on monday.....we will just have to wait and see.....if he can develop some unique mic skills he will most def be a world champ within the next year

This guy is very impressive in the ring..what he can do, I don't think there are many in the WWE who can do what he does...I want him to succeed...I've always liked him...ever since he debuted on Smackdown...

I agree, succeed doesn't mean a lot of titles...I think JoMo can go the way of HBK..he wasn't all about the titles..he was all about in-ring performances and show-stealing...If he turns heel and has some good feuds with some top stars e.g. HHH, Cena, Sheamus (yes I said Sheamus)...and some others..he can really perform to the highest level..and so what if he hasn't got much mic skills, just give him Melina!!

I can see him in a few years...having some great matches at WrestleMania and just like HBK did...steal the show...

I also would like to see him compete in a ladder match, maybe at TLC..I think that is where he can show his true potential!!

What do I feel about John Morrison? As of right now the answer is: Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. It's hard to pinpoint why, he is very talented in the ring. He can be good on the mic when he tries to be. I guess when a wrestler gets that push then does nothing with it, he gets left in the dust and people no longer care. I do feel he was better as a heel, maybe if he turned we would give a shit again.

I don't think he would be a good guy to even challenge Taker for the streak, let alone be booked to win. If the streak ever ends it has to be someone who deserves it, it has to be to one of the biggest stars in the company which Morrison is not.

Someone posted something up in here earlier, about JOMO vs Undertaker..
Heres what you do, (Btw i want him to succeed as a heel)
Build him a better character, give him more persona.. hell when he's heel
he cuts half decent promo's in time he could only improve with training.
His ring skills are great already, for a finisher I don't mind starship pain.
Build him up over the next year and a half. give him a IC run for 4-5 months and then.
I world heavyweight championship run for about four? hell give him two WHW runs
that combined last about 6-7 months.
Then, have him fued with undertaker around royal rumble time of 2012?
WITH HIM ESTABLISHED and having him be placed in good storylines
and only improved. He would be a nice threat to Undertaker.
Having another IC run, Him being a 2 time WHW champion and being in arguably the best tag team within the last 5 years.

Sounds good to me, Hell and at this years Wrestlemania have him face Ziggler for the IC championship, and also book Ziggler to get better on the Mic, his In ring skills are pretty solid as well. and they do put on great matches with each other.

Like many folks have said, his most likely chance at matching his success to his in ring talent is through a heel persona. With that said, how many good looking, arrogant personas can we have before we tire of them? I'm not sure, but I am sure that path is the best one for Morrison.

He is very similar to HBK in athleticism, but isn't in his league right now personality wise. He might be one day, but not right now. I think Morrison would do better with a mouth piece. If there is a valet or manager that could speak for him, then we might be looking at a star in the making. I could see him become a Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan type of character.

I would really like to see the WWE make Matt Stryker the new version of Bobby Heenan. I think he can talk the talk and Morrison could walk the walk. Imagine the new version of the Heenan Family. Stryker's Honor Society or Stryker's Alpha Club...Guys like Morrison, Ziggler, Hawkins, and Archer could all benefit from someone who could cut the promo's for them. Hell, even guys like Ted Dibiase, Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne could all benefit...

If I want Morrison to succeed? Maybe
Only if he becomes "Heel",goes back to Smackdown and change his gimmick.
Then I'll have interest in his character or probably WWE could do what they did with Batista/Cena in 2005 to The Miz and Morrison and make them both headline WrestleMania
to win their first title.Then Miz can take his spot as the face of WWE and not turn into some Superhero "Miz" like they did with Cena.:disappointed:

When I look at John Morrison I think 'Why the beard?'
No seriously when I look at him I see Jeff Hardy version 2. But without the baggage and drug issues.
He is the flashy showman. The Rockstar ( I say as I shamelessly steal his DVD title) And has mic skills that resemble the same level of quality as Jeff.. (But I do see potential for him to improve in that area. Morrison has cut some solid promos in his WWE tenure)

They've also had similar paths. Their main successes came in tag teams in which they were deemed the stars of. They've both had I.C title reigns. The only thing Morrison is missing is that main event chance. Jeff Hardy had plenty, he even got the rub off The Undertaker in a short feud in 2002 which ended in Jeff having a shot at his Undisputed Championship. This was shortly after the break up of The Hardyz. His main event push was immediate. The closest Morrison got to that, was beating Cm Punk clean whilst he was WHChamp.

So in my opinion, if Jeff Hardy can be successful, than John Morrison will be too. And I would like to see it. And I think WWE management would like to also. He is a product of Tough Enough afterall. They will of created their very own World Champion from a reality show. Surely that's what they were hoping for with that concept.

I just think he needs a little more work ethic and he could be something great.

I really want JoMo to suceed, but it not going to happen on Raw.

I honestly think the WWE has been dropping the ball on Morrison as of late. He's has been in some horrible booking since before Wrestlemania. He was better on SD holding onto the IC title. Then he teamed w/ R-Truth and everything went downhill. They need to put him back on SD and push him as a heel in the main event. Then that'll push him over this hump and into the main event scene. While he's on Raw, he'll live in the shadow of Miz.

I really could not care less if the guy succeeds in the WWE since he has not shown much charisma, mic skills, or notable in ring abilities aside from his kicks. This guy has never really shown any sparks of greatness aside from when he was teaming with the Miz and when he initially debuted as Johnny Nitro. When this guy has someone to team with that can carry him on the mic and help to bring out the best in his limited mic skills he can be entertaining but when he is on his own he tends to suck. Throughout his initial singles run with Melina the only notable thing about him was Melina, he sucked it up royally with his Jeff Hardy feuds and despite multiple IC title reigns the crowd never really reacted to him or found him all that believable in winning any title as shown by the whole IWC being shocked and slightly appalled by seeing him go over Punk at NOC in 07. He seemed to do ok in his lengthy feud with Punk but since the crowd still couldn't buy him as a champ it didn't work out either, it wasn't until he teamed up with the Miz and continually dominated the Smackdown and ECW tag team division that a lot of people, including myself started to dig his in ring ability and buy him a a legitimate title contender. I think that his current face turn has him going in the wrong direction and is slowly turning a good deal of people away from him and he seems to be returning back to the way he was before he tagged with the Miz. Since he has been so sporadic in his believability and has gone from the main event to jobbing to nobodies, I absolutely couldn't care less what happens in his career and would much rather see a fresher, more charismatic wrestler get pushed in his place

I am a Morrison mark, so I desperately wanna see him succeed.

I agree with the majority and say he needs to become heel first. I was watching old clips of the Dirt Sheet on youtube and I actualy think he was funnier than the Miz. He wasn't as charismatic as the Miz, but I like his cocky one liners. He definately has the talent to main event and as a heel he can deliver good enough promos. Lately he's shown some passion and has changed his look a little. I think with a heel turn and new theme music(his really sucks), he'd be a very believable champion. Just give him the ball and he'll roll with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back