• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think WWE is a Fail or Not?

KKKKwe

Occasional Pre-Show
Why the heck now a days does WWE for every ppv just focus on the main event match or matches. I mean i hate going into a ppv where they just throw in an extra match example Bourne vs Jericho at fatal 4way. Why cant they do it like back in the day where all the matches were focused on and matches that you would never really see on a raw like Austin vs Rock was never put on a Raw maybe once or twice in 98 but yea you guys know what I mean. I just feel like the other wrestlers arent really getting a chance.

i think that YOU is a failure posting such lame ass bullshit! if your precious TNA was doing the same exact thing you would be singing a different tune....AND I QUOTE..."TNA adding matches to their PPV is a good thing!!!" and " geriatric hogan and ******* is doing a splendid job in TNA!" so if you think WWE is a failure...

7 reasons why TNA is a failure and 1 good reason TNA will SUCCEED!

1. still stuck in orlando catering to 500-5000 sheep,plants and anyone who will suck hogans asscrack just to see a bunch of WWE rejects copy what WWF/E,WCW,and ECW did (YEEEEEARS)-years(for the IWC dummies) AGO instead of traveling the country or the world every thursday for IMPACT! shows.

2. a crackhead holds(that masquerade mask) you sympathizers call the TNA title!(and they say WWE caters to kids)

3. dixie is releasing all of the good talent that made TNA what it (supposedly) is today for washed up WWE rejects!

4. all you sheep act like TNA won the WAR because they gets what? a 1.0-1.7 rating...and you bash WWE and pick on WWE because they sometines get a 2.3-2.9 rating! but if TNA won this "so-called" war then why did WWE RAW kick TNA's ass back to thursday nights? WHY? because TNA is scared of WWE! and if they are not scared then TNA would be getting 2.0-4.0 ratings on monday's or thursday's then they will be a threat(LOL) to WWE U.S wise!

5.TNA can't think of their own shit! always gotta reference WWE or "copy" WWE just to snag in viewers! hey sheep remember the casket match(WWE MATCH) on thursday!

6. you bring in a washed up geriatric man who's wife left him for a teenager,who's son almost killed a man and left him braindead,and who's daughter will suck any man's dick or lick another womans coochie just for a new single and a man who's the reason why WCW is extinct and VINCE now holds the keys to the WCW kingdom

7. i think TNA should've gotten paul heyman! because if dixie would've gotten paul heyman TNA would have better programming instead of the shitty programming we are seeing now! i would rather watch WWE's crappy PG bullshit then that crappy bullshit spike tv gives us on thursday nights!

8.the only thing that will save TNA is their KO division! now i will admit that the TNA KO's is much better wrestlers,much classy,and much better acting then the WWE divas! i was a TNA diehard fan from it's inception until hogan and bischoff arrived and fucked things up so i reverted back to being a WWE fan again and even with WWE's CRAPPY pg programming i can understand WWE more than TNA and WWE fans are much smarter fans while TNA fans are ******ed and classless just like the IWC!

"EVERYTIME YOU BASH WWE,RANDY ORTON WILL GIVE YOU AN RKO!!!"

Why the heck now a days does WWE for every ppv just focus on the main event match or matches. I mean i hate going into a ppv where they just throw in an extra match example Bourne vs Jericho at fatal 4way. Why cant they do it like back in the day where all the matches were focused on and matches that you would never really see on a raw like Austin vs Rock was never put on a Raw maybe once or twice in 98 but yea you guys know what I mean. I just feel like the other wrestlers arent really getting a chance.

The main event has always been the main draw of a PPV. The other matches are going to entertain sure, but nobody is gonna buy a PPV just to see mid-carders wrestle. All wrestling, boxing and MMA promotions promote the hell out of the main event, that's how they get people to buy it and make money. Considering WWE's success it's hard to call them a fail.

Chameleon, can you read? I didn't see a single thing about TNA in the first post at all, most of your reasons were crap anyway (Jeff Hardy may be involed with drugs but on his arrest crack wasn't one of them), but I digress.

Mostly I feel while it there pay-per-views aren't fails they sure aren't high marks. I haven't wanted to buy a pay-per-view since WM 25, and I totaly blame this on there hasn't been suffecient build up to a ppv, and this is because there is too many of them per year. If they cut down the pay-per-views to 6 or so, not only would I not have to eat cheese on a bun 6 times a week, they could have a better quality pay-per-views. WWE could be better but right now they aren't doing horribly I guess is what I'm saying.

i think its a fail. im sure everyone gonna say how dumb i am or something. but to me the wwe isnt entertaining nor has it been it quite some time. I think nexus is dumb. they went like 3 months with cena in the main event, and everytime the match was ruined due to nexus. I dont like that, i like matches to have a ended with a clear cut winner. there are other reasons, but the bottom line to me is the matches are boring, the promos arent that good, and the product to me has jsut been really boring lately. i know its pg and im fine with that, but i think they could do a better job.

Chameleon, can you read? I didn't see a single thing about TNA in the first post at all, most of your reasons were crap anyway (Jeff Hardy may be involed with drugs but on his arrest crack wasn't one of them), but I digress.

Mostly I feel while it there pay-per-views aren't fails they sure aren't high marks. I haven't wanted to buy a pay-per-view since WM 25, and I totaly blame this on there hasn't been suffecient build up to a ppv, and this is because there is too many of them per year. If they cut down the pay-per-views to 6 or so, not only would I not have to eat cheese on a bun 6 times a week, they could have a better quality pay-per-views. WWE could be better but right now they aren't doing horribly I guess is what I'm saying.

I think your exactly right with a PPV every month they don't have significant time to build a full card. Back in the days of four or less PPV's a month. Every match on the card was announced weeks before the PPV. That also gave them plenty of time to build up every match on the card. They would have months between PPV to create feuds that ended at that PPV most of the time.

Now a days feuds carry over to multiple PPV's, and we see the same top guys wrestle each other a lot more often than we did back then. A lot of times the full card isn't announced to after you buy the PPV. I did like the way it was done back then better, but I wouldn't consider it a fail. Mainly because the WWE and the wrestlers make a lot more money this way.

It's not a fail for me...sure there are points that I'll gripe about and things I wish they'd do differently but I still get enjoyment from watching a lot of the roster. I do think that eventually the quality will pick up again it's just a matter of time.

I do agree that I miss the mid-card having decent storylines. I can't remember who it was I was reading recently (Lance Storm maybe?) but whoever it was was saying how everyone on the card used to have a story from Austin right down to Crash Holly. It might be the main event that draws but outside of the top top names, say Cena, Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, Mysterio, nobody really draws. The WWE has shifted so that the WWE 'brand' draws rather than individuals and the mid to low card guys are a part of that brand too.

This thread illustrates two things.

1) The "fail" meme is dead. Dead as dogshit. "Fail" used to be reserved for those moments of true human fuckery. Tacoma Narrows Bridgehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Narrows_Bridge_(1940)? Engineering fail. Glacierhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacier_(wrestler)? Wrestling fail. (Hell, WCW 1998-2001; epic wrestling fail.) What you meant to state was "I don't like the format, does anyone else agree with me?"

2) It's so trendy to rag on the WWE that we now have people asking if the #1 company in their industry is a "fail". It's sort of like asking if Google is "fail" because Wave didn't work out.

Yes, for me -- it is a fail. An epic fail. Here are my reasons. Here's what keeps me watching and satisfies my viewer needs.

1. Good wrestling - WWE does not have that. Do not dispute it. It's the same match every week. Vince has said many times that they are now "sports entertainment". WWE agents tell the talent to "slow down" in the ring. Every indy guy that had an exciting moveset is limited to maximum 4 moves. Wrestlers are artists, and wrestling is an art. Artists paint with many colors. They can't paint with just two. The picture just isn't this good. Wrestlers can't have great matches if they're handcuffed to the chin in rules and regulations, unless your name is Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Undertaker or any other legend. WWE's wrestling blows. The feuds end in a mediocre to low-quality match, which nulifies any excitement that the two wrestlers created during the storyline.

2. Interesting and Diverse Characters/Gimmicks/Personas -- The heels are all the same. They must speak like robots, repeat the same phrase again and again, dress up in suits and just be boring. WWE strips them off their charisma, they natural talent, and creates a shell that we're forced to boo. We have no reason to hate them. They never do heelish things aside from attacking a face.

The faces are identical. They always smile in a fake manner, give out high fives and then smile again. That is it. No entertainment value, nothing.

The characters are the same as we saw 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago. It's simple, but it's not entertaining.

3. Storylines that mean something -- If you're going to make a storyline, make it special. Make it stand out. Make me care.

Goldust stole DiBiase's belt. Big fucking deal. Why should I care. He gets married for some chick. Why should I care. Why should I buy the PPV, what is the pay off?

Morrisson and Sheamus are feuding. Typical WWE storyline. Thrown together, no motives no nothing. One guy attacks the other, the other guy attacks back, they go back and forth for 2-3 weeks until the PPV comes and the face wins. Whoo-pe-doo.

John Cena and The Nexus. Cool. Cena is a member of The Nexus. But they've made it so damn obvious that Cena will eventually overcome the odds and be his own person again. It's how it goes. We know the ending, so why should we care? Keep some hopes of something special happening? We've been doing it since WWE started sucking. Hopes, hopes, hopes, which get crushed by another dominant Cena win without anything of any importance happening.

WWE gives me no reason to watch. It's over-scripted, the humor falls flat, there is no drama, there is no excitement, nothing is happening, the good storylines are always kept for Cena/Orton which fucks up the mid and low-card because they look insignificant, the wrestling is slow-paced and boring, the characters are extremely bromidic.

WWE is a fail. Is it the number one company? Yes it is. But don't confuse size with quality. WWE is the number one company because of Vince McMahon's neck for business, not his ability to deliver good Television. Facts are this -- WWE is floating on success they created 20 years ago. It's not alive because it's good, it's alive because Vince has money. If the WWE was working shows in a 3.000 seat arena, they'd be dead in 2 months. People are used to watching it, they feel like it's their obligations as WWE fans to watch and love everything WWE, and hate anything non-WWE. WWE fans will keep eating up everything Vince does, not because it's good, but because it's WWE. I know it, I used to be a WWE fan.

WWE Raw November 13, 2000 - 5.0
WWE Raw November 8, 2010 - 3.1

Does this mean that WWE fails? No. They've done more than their fair share to build up new stars over the last few years, which was their biggest problem.

Does this mean that WWE PG fails? Absolutely. Family friendly may draw sponsors, house show crowds, and sell merch but at the expense of lesser ratings and buyrates. PG is alright, but it puts an effective cap on how creative and how far certain talents can go. The Nexus angle might have been very different and still had one Bryan Danielson had PG not been in effect, but that's neither here or there. But alas, Linda will probably run again in the future.

They are not a fail. A part of me would like to see them do less PPV's so they could build stories up and focus on every feud like it's the best or most important feud ever. Then again, I like having PPV's often as well.

I wish they would give more attention to the lower card feuds so it would feel like more was going on. I agree, it does feel like they give nothing but Main Event matches focus. In WWE's defense though, sometimes it feels like they do not give the main event matches enough focus either.

A lot of time is spent on comedy and random situations that mean nothing to the show as a whole, but trying to appeal to casual fans by integrating nonsense to get a cheap laugh from some new comer.

With over 60 years in the business, do you think that the WWF/E had failed? I believe not. Every pay per view has a match that nobody knows about. It have been going on since WWE start doing pay per views outside of Wrestlemania. The point is to full up the time space. It not cheap to have a ppv slot.

The WWE as a whole is far from a fail. However, they are failing at certain things. The best example I could make right now is Survivor Series. We are officially one week from one of the Big Four pay per views of the year and the've given us nothing. We have 3 matches: Orton vs. Barret has certainly been done well, but Kane and Edge is the deffintion of thrown together and the Divas match doesnt sell anything. The WWE should be gratefull for the fact that its Survivor Series instead of seemingly just wanting to get it over with to talk about TLC. Right now they have dozens of talented young guys that get almost no exposure at all. They should take 3 diffrent midcard feuds and turn that into three 5 on 5 matches. Give them all 20 minutes and thats a third of the card taken care of. It the easiest booking of the year. This will give 30 guys that dont get much, if any, tv time a chance to get out there on pay per view in front of thousands of people. The WWE could use this as a great chance to see who gets over with the crowd and could possibly be the next big superstar.

There are a few things that WWE needs to work on but as far as being a fail as a company I'd have to say no. Both shows have there drawing points but they have there points where you just want to walk away.

One of the things I wished WWE would have done is have Cena become a full member of Nexus. Make his wear the shirt come out to the music just like all of the other members do or have done. The simple fact for me is once Cena didn't do that I didn't care for it cause I knew Cena was going to be out of it sooner or later.

I agree that they need to spend more time on there mid card wrestlers when they do storylines for them that wasy people will want to pay attention. If they do this then maybe they'll get more done with there feuds.

I wouldn't say it is a fail. I've actually enjoyed the mid card more than the main events over the last few months. Bryan, Ziggler, Morrison, and Drew McIntyre are guys I could happily watch just for the wrestling regardless of what storyline they're in.

One thing I do think they need though is to bring back the European Title so the lower mid card guys have something to do on a PPV to see if they can step up. Guys like Evan Bourne could really benefit from something like that.

nope it not a fail yes the product not as good as it used to be but at the end of the day it makes money a lot of money at lets be fair that what it all about money

Theres a reason for PPV's being solely focused on the main event *nowadays* and that's because you cannot give enough time for mid-carders to develop fueds etc if you barely have a month between fueds... So they end up with only having time for one main event fued in depth and thats it. Another reason being the mid-carders might steal the show xD I'm sorry but Danielson-Ziggler matches did exactly that even though their build up was relatively small in comparison.

I don't know where TNA comes into this but yeh TNA need to stop copying WWE. TNA NEEDS more than 2-3months between PPVs to add to the build up for each and every fued, they aren't at a place where they are just trying to make money yet. They would get some serious respect from a lot of people if they went to 4 PPVs a year and built them up like theres no tomorrow *which they're great at doing anyways so... ¬.¬*.

Here's the deal....The WWE is not a fail as a company. They are the biggest not only nationwide but worldwide. In the writing and show that they put on I would say so. Yea every ppv gets focus on the main event but then again what company whether it be UFC, TNA, or Boxing doesn't do that. Ya the pg rating is a big kick in the ass to the hardcore fans. We like blood and weapons. The problem with WWE is that they have pretty shitty ppv's until the main event. BAck in the attitude era (yea they had more freedom) they had their main event which was the best usually. They also had DX against the Nation among other good rivalrys. Think back to Goldust and Pillman(R.I.P) that whole thing with Marlena was genius. So they have good work but they need to build up more guys into bigger rivalries throughout the card and not just the main event. If it were me. I would send Ziggler to raw and have him fued with Miz. they are two young guys with great talent. The Nexus thing is great but what they need to do is when cena gets out WWE should let him make a Faction and rival Nexus. Have him Join with HHH, Orton, and whoever else. Just to spice it up a little bit. Give Ziggler a face turn and have him join Cena and have Miz join Nexus. Now you add two rivalries into one. It's not that hard. As for people bashing TNA on here. TNA puts out a better show every week then WWE does. The only reson WWE gets great ratings is because of their worldwide status. Those are my opinions. What do you guys think? Any other rivalries you might wanna add go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back