• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think we will ever see another Two Man Power Trip Incarnation?

kcordloh

Occasional Pre-Show
So I was just watching Backlash 2001, and it got me thinking about the TMPP and how with the Unified Tag Team Titles it presents an opportunity to have the WWE & World Champions on both shows and a Two Man Power Trip type stable again.

I am honestly surprised they haven't explored this before, or at least had the UTT go after the two separate titles at the same time. Granted only two teams have had the star power (DX, Jerishow) but it could be nice. Like SurvivorSeries 2009 could have been Cena -vs- Jericho WWE Title and Undertaker vs Big Show WHC.

My question is, do you think WWE will explore this avenue, or not?

Two man power trip has to be my favorite tag team of all time. I would love to see another newer younger version of two man power trip but i dont really think wwe has two stars like that unless they put john cena and orton as a tag team. But if another two man power trip did happen it woudl not be for years.

Honestly...no, there will never be another Two Man Powertrip. The reason those two worked so well as that, was that they were THE top stars, with the biggest egos, perfectly capable of being great heels. There's no two like them today. Not even the HHH of today would be able to do it with anyone. It just wouldn't be the same, it wouldn't even be close.

No one has the same star power Austin did, not even Cena, and not even close. Furthermore, it was done in a time where Vince was a lot more active, if Vince was to step up behind 2 people again to do it, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Whether WWE will try it again...all things get repeated eventually, be they good or bad. So yeah, someday, if they ever get someone into the Vince type position, and get two incredibly over performers to do it.

Well lets say WWE has both of the world champion's team up to take on the Unified tag champs and the world champ's win and they request a tag team title shot, and if they win we could easily have another one.

Well lets say WWE has both of the world champion's team up to take on the Unified tag champs and the world champ's win and they request a tag team title shot, and if they win we could easily have another one.

Kane and Shameaus doesn't really scream Two Man Power Trip to me. lol

The TMPT will never be duplicated in the WWE. TNA was closest since Austin and HHH when they put together the Main Event Mafia, although it was more of a stable. Nash and Angle together could have potential to be a TMPT

the closest they could get to a TMPT would be Cena and Orton, but it would still be nowhere near the Austin/Triple H power trip. I mean lets face it the have tried it already with Cena and Orton and even though they got a good reaction from the crowd. The just didn't seem to click. As for the whole Shamus and Kane stuff I don't think so, they scream more psycho than ego. And TMPT's are about ego.

well you sorta had it with Rated RKO granted they were both on the same show but i think only those guys could or put Jericho or Edge on Smackdown throw the titles on them they could pull it off but no i dont see it happening anymore unfornatly

Not really. Just because it would bury the other guys and that's the last thing WWE should do. They need to build up multiple guys all at the same time.
I would however love to see a stable form with the purpose of collecting all the gold. This would be the same in so far as being one entity, but diverse that a hell a lot more of the roster can be involved in the various title scenes.
Not a bad idea in of itself, but I just don't see it being benificial to much of the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back