• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think the WWE draft should be a PPV

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now i no what most of you people are going to say no or they shouldn't or something like that but let me explain you see every year the draft is always on raw which i have no problem with cause that sometimes gets them rateing but im saying would it make more sense to make it into a ppv once a year like they can have battel royals with 5 to guys represented there own brand and the last one remaing get three draft picks and have champion vs champion and the winner get 1 or 2 draft picks and the divas can have there best diva rep there brand and the winner gets 2 divas drafts picks or something in that nature i no this might not be a good idea but i think it could work they can replace the ppv great amercain bash since its a wcw ppv and every year that ppv dose not do so well what are your opinoins on this idea

Nice idea in theory, but would people pay to watch a battle royale and a champ vs champ with no title on the line just to see who is going to get drafted? People buy PPV's for title matches, feud enders/starters, not to see matches in which the competitors don't really care. The PPV selling point would be the shock at seeing who got drafted. Now for me, I could get my surprise from this by reading the results and be content with it, unlike a title match PPV, for example when I missed Armageddon and I missed the moment Jeff won the title, I was pissed. Same with NWO when Edge beat up Kofi.

To sum up my rambling, I don't think the draft itself is enough of a selling point to warrant people to buy it.

Nice idea in theory, but would people pay to watch a battle royale and a champ vs champ with no title on the line just to see who is going to get drafted? People buy PPV's for title matches, feud enders/starters, not to see matches in which the competitors don't really care. The PPV selling point would be the shock at seeing who got drafted. Now for me, I could get my surprise from this by reading the results and be content with it, unlike a title match PPV, for example when I missed Armageddon and I missed the moment Jeff won the title, I was pissed. Same with NWO when Edge beat up Kofi.

To sum up my rambling, I don't think the draft itself is enough of a selling point to warrant people to buy it.

well i mean the title could be on the line with some sorta of simpulation is if the champion wins he retains his title and gets 1 draft pick but the challenger wins he gets the title and 1 draft pick

No i dont think this would work. Who would want to pay to see who gets drafted? even if you had matches with the brands it would still resolve no meaning. For example if they advertised Edge Vs Triple H as the draft main event with no Story behind it, nor a title on the line, people wouldnt be interested. Plus add to that the fact that you usually get ponitless people drafted, would anybody care to see a battle royal between Jimmy Wang Yang,Festus,Knox And Chavo on one team? i certainly wouldnt.

This could only work if they started "picking" wrestlers by victories in each match.

For example, Stephanie could pick anyone from SmackDown! or ECW if RAW won a match with all three brands represented. Could also be use for title defenses between different brands, like Cena vs. Edge would work properly, if Cena wins he wins the title and Steph one draft pick, if Edge wins, he retains and wins also a draft pick for Vickie (it could lead to great moments, like the loser being choosen by the winner to be drafted)...

But they should make it like, for example if ECW insn't represented in that match, no one from ECW can be choosen to change brands.

What do you think?

well i mean the title could be on the line with some sorta of simpulation is if the champion wins he retains his title and gets 1 draft pick but the challenger wins he gets the title and 1 draft pick

I still don't think a whole PPV could be made out of it. However, if you were to have a couple of "loser leaves brand" matches at a PPV they could draw. Say for example, Orton vs Jericho (now I'm NOT condoning removing one frow RAW, it is an example) they both piss the McMahons off, so they are placed in a match at Backlash or some other PPV around the draft time, the loser would lose their job on RAW so would be drafted to Smackdown or ECW. This is the only way I could see the draft and a PPV being used together.

This wouldn't work unless exsisting feuds were used. Think about it... People buy PPVs to watch the wrestling matches, if you take away the relevance of a match up itself and just throw random couplingas together you will end up with a December to Dismember style ratings flop.

The thing is is that watching a match and reading its resuts, or inferring them from the next night's Raw are two vastly different things, and this is why people shell out for PPVs. Watching the titantron say "CM Punk to Raw" and reading it online, or just watching Raw and seeing him on there are not really different at all. All you'd be paying for is to see the reaction, so no I think it is better as a three hour special.

It's a very interesting thought.
It would give us a chance to see some PPV length Raw vs Smackdown matches that won't have happened before or after the draft...
But in terms of PPV buys, it wouldn't do well simply because there'd be no real storylines building up to the PPV other than SD vs Raw, and that isn't a very strong storyline as we've seen before.
I think they're better off just leaving the draft as a RAw special

No.
There would be no possible way to sell this as a meaningful PPV. As others have said, you could read the results on the Internet and it would be no different than watching it except for the reactions. So no, I don't think it would work at all. I'm just saying.

i dont think it would work, however i think your idea is probably the best way to carry it out if it did go through. I just think the whole draft pay-per-view would cause to much confusion amongst the majority of the fan and plus the ammount of recaping that would be on the next day on raw would be really boring to watch for the people who forked out for the pay-per-view. Actually tbh it wouldn't effect me in anyway because we get the crappy pay-per-views for free over in da UK :D

no this idea would not work
1. The WWE would loose PPV burates for that month
2. In the draft you usually see only upper mid carders and one or two maineventers drafted
3.The Draft would have only a couple matches that would have no storylines behind it and no positve or negative out comes at the end wich would make for a pretty boring ppv.
4. plus wwe already has two many ppv's and they just dont have time to squeeze it in between any of them(on side not we should start a thread about the whole ppv situiation)

Why on Earth would anyone want to buy a draft? Seriously, think about it. Would you biut the NFL draft if it was on PPV? Nope, didn't think so.

Having done the draft on Raw for years, how pissed would you be if it suddenly went on PPV? I don't see the need for it one bit, I wouldn't buy it, never. Whilst it is an enjoyable Raw, not a PPV. The draft is mainly promos anyways, PPVs are matches...conflict of interests methinks.

No way. Horrible idea lol.

The 3 hour episodes of Raw that they're supposedly contractually obligated to do every so often need something to make them special. Otherwise, they're just an extra hour of promos, rewinds, commercials for WWEShop, and so forth. Using the King of the Ring and the Draft in the 3-hour episodes works perfectly. The same goes for using the Supplemental Draft on the website. It gets them traffic. People like to say "nobody cares about the undercard guys", but I'll be damned if we didn't have a lot of people surrounding this forum during the supplemental switches, debating everything about how Kendrick was split up from London to how Finlay and Hornswoggle were moved together to ECW.

The draft on Raw just makes sense. It gives people a reason to tune into USA to watch and during that time period, you might be able to get them hooked into a storyline that's heading towards the next ppv, keeping their interest and making them want to come back to watch Raw the next week.

Oh hell no. The draft is fun to watch, because it's free, and usually has a few good spots worth saying "Oh shit" to. It's not something anyone would pay for. Why pay for it, when you can just tune in Monday and see who's new? why pay to see a group of mid-carders get moved to a show where they're destined to fail?

The Draft Special RAW is the 2nd most watch RAW of the year, and there's no reason to take it away. Even adding it as filler on an already existing PPV would be a bad idea, because it would take much needed time away from the matches.

No. Raw holding the draft is just fun. What's the point of paying for something when we can just read the results on their official website? It's fun to see on free tv and it's not like the current system is dull. The supplemental draft is a perfect thing to no hav eon tv as it's boring as hell with few big name guys moving. The way it's done now is fine. I know I wouldn't want to get the PPV. It makes Raw feel special. Leave it like it is.

No, That'll be a dumb move by WWE if they ever decide to do that. Why would WWE want to have the draft on a PPV when everytime Raw has a draft it gets one of the best ratings in the year, also I dont think they want to risk putting the draft on a PPV because it'll probably have low PPV buys

No. Raw holding the draft is just fun. What's the point of paying for something when we can just read the results on their official website? It's fun to see on free tv and it's not like the current system is dull. The supplemental draft is a perfect thing to no hav eon tv as it's boring as hell with few big name guys moving. The way it's done now is fine. I know I wouldn't want to get the PPV. It makes Raw feel special. Leave it like it is.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Why would anyone pay for the draft if they could log on to wrestling websites from around the world and get the same results right after the pay per view? Hell, even the official WWE website would post results minutes after the pay per view concluded. With matches it's different though, because wrestling matches are something that you want to watch but draft results simply isn't worth $30 or more.

When it comes to the draft lottery, nobody really cares about the matches on the show, because they simply aren't the main focus of the show. The WWE Draft works well on Raw, because it makes the ratings go up for that night as well as the increase of ratings in the following weeks/months. Last years WWE draft was possibly the greatest ever. I loved it. The draft moves were all surprising in their own right and the matches weren't all that bad either. And most of all, the show was fun to watch and sent the fans home very pleased.

Why change something that doesn't need to be repaired? It's one of my favourite things of the entire year, but I still wouldn't pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back