• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think the Tag Teams division is improving on Raw?

CenaFan

Occasional Pre-Show
I ask this, because we have tag teams such as Hart Dynasty and USO’s. Do you think they will help the division? and do you think WWE is going on the right track?

I do believe that they are, only because we are not seeing tag teams, just being thrown together. It’s nice that the division has a meaning to it again and is a actually division for real tag teams.

I know we need more tag teams, but I do think it’s a step in the right direction for Raw.

What do you think?

Absolutely. First we had Jeri-Show and ShowMiz, which may have been thrown together but really added some legitimacy to the division. Then we had the Hart Dynasty win and the Uso's debut in a very exciting fashion. Now we're getting some good matches between the two, with Natalya and Tamina making people talk about how they're the future of the Women's Division.

We also have two other teams in the Dudebusters and Hawkins/Archer, and several teams can be thrown together to pad the division if need be. The tag division is interesting nowadays and the titles are getting PPV time. The division has a little way to go but it is certainly improving.

It's improving through out the board!

Although Archer and Hawkins kind of seem thrown together.. I've enjoyed their matches and I felt the 6 man was great this week on SD!

The Uso's are very athletic and I have seen them tear the house down in Florida on numerous occasions. Some people say they're to spotty, but sometimes wrestling needs that.

And the Hart's have been golden since the return of Bret. Hopefully this Martha Hart news doesn't give creative any bad ideas on who to punish.

Also Husky Harris was a part of a tag team with his little brother Luke in FCW. They were said to be very exciting to watch!

Tag team wrestling has been irrelevant over the past couple years, so it's good to see them building some momentum towards the revival of it.

Without a doubt it is improving. If you think back to about 2 years ago, there were still 2 different sets of Tag titles and they were being used as nothing but props, and lower-card titles. However, once these titles were unified, we saw many main-event superstars hold these titles. Now-a-days, these titles are being featured prominently in the WWE. Being used to promote mid-card talent, and being used in great storylines. So yes, the tag team division has definitely improved.

Yes, definitley. Like you said, emerging tag teams the HD and the Uso's have really made people pay more attention to the division. Both young, strong teams who have loads of potential. I personally have been watching the Uso's since their time in FCW and have been thouroughly impressed by their body of work.

These two teams have the potential to carry a division for quite some time, and while their doing that, lets just hope the WWE can churn out some new tag teams, and push exisisting ones. All they need to do now is put the Dudebusters in a few (a lot) more televised matches so they can be seen as a legitimate threat to the Unified Champs. And it already looks as if they've got some plans for Hawkins/Archer in the division as they've been giving the team considerable TV time, I'm thinking they're next in line for a shot.

Yes...the tag division has really gone up hill recently since its unification...Even though now I don't think we're going to have people thrown together as often e.g. Jer-Show...look at how much they added to the title..having them to wrestlers on both shows holding the tag titles brought something back to the titles..

Now looking at the new tag teams coming through...The Uso's, Hawkins & Archer, Dudebusters...and some from developement..e.g. fortunate sons etc...when they come together..it should be good..only hope it gets even better...

The tag team division is definitely improving, we're seeing a new team that is going "toe to toe" and feuding with the Unified Tag Team Champions, it helps them come over as a great heel group, and they're interesting, both teams are very interesting.

Jeri-Show and ultimately ShowMiz helped build the division to what it is now, it made it interesting with some new blood in the tag team division with Jericho and The Big Show being upper mid-card / main event guys, stepping down to carry the division in an absolutely great reign.

So to answer your question, yes the tag team division is improving on RAW, and with time, it will ultimately improve all around the WWE, it has been flourishing a lot as of late with this new feud, that is even helping the Divas division a little bit.

If only the Dudebusters a.) had a better name and b.) dropped the "bros playing guitar hero" gimmick, I could say without a doubt that we're starting to see a tag team division revival. I have finally come to enjoy the Hart Dynasty, I'm excited as hell to see what the Usos truly have to offer, and the Archer/Hawkins team is pretty good too. They need more time to develop into characters I can care about, but I'm leaning towards enjoying their work.

I don't even mind the thrown together teams from time to time. I mean, if MVP is just hanging around taking the random match, and JTG is doing the same, why shouldn't they team up and go for the titles? That makes sense to me in a "real" sort of a way. If I can't get momentum going as a singles competitor, I may as well see about going for some Tag Team gold if I can.

Absolutely the tag team division has been improving, we have The Hart Dynasty, The Uso's, The Dudebusters, Hawkins and Archer, the division is gaining legitimacy, and now we are getting a tag team division that is very good. The characters and storylines with these tag teams have been getting better and are starting to develop more, and this makes for a more enjoyable division to watch each week.

If by improving, you mean that there are two real teams...then yes. The Usos and the H.D. are two teams with a history, a family, and a reason to be tag teams. As much as JeriShow and ShowMiz was entertaining, it was annoying that they never had anybody real to fight, and the fact that there was only two teams on ALL of WWE programming put together was ridiculous. Two teams doesn't make a division though, and once the fans get tired of the Uso/HD feud, which is going to happen quick if something new doesn't hit the scene, they're going to be out of tag teams. They probably have nothing planned, and we're going to see Miz or Jericho or somebody end up in a quickly thrown together tag team that has a 50/50 chance of actually working out. This isn't Smackdown vs. Raw General Manger mode people, this is the real deal, and the WWE writers have no idea what they're doing when it comes to the tag team "division".

It has improved but it's still hardly a real division. But it wasn't so long ago that there were almost no tag teams at all. And compared to a few years ago up until they unified the belts, it's really bad. But it has risen from the lowest point it was at.

Is it improving? Yes

Is it there yet? No where near. Two tag teams does not make a division. And as much as you say this is signs of improvement, I'm yet to be totally convinced that this is headed somewhere good. It's not asif the WWE have been deprived of decent tag teams in the past. There's been plenty, they push them for a bit, then they dump them.

Now maybe that The Harts and The Usos are multi-generational superstars we may not see them drop the ball with them quite so quickly. But if we're still here in a year, thinking the same thing, then I'll be positive about things.

Right now, I think it's a false dawn.

No doubt the division is the best it has been over the past few years, with the Uso's and The Hart Dynasty having great matches, and if the Nexus start to have matches, there should be a tag team in there. There may only be a few tag teams, but it is certainly getting better, without a duobt

This has probably been the best division since back when there was a good division, with some more work and a couple more teams, its will be a very solid division with good teams and good feuds. And The Hart Dynasty is one of the best teams at the forefront of this new division and have helped cary it.

i've been rather enjoying the tag team division laitly. was a little upset at the break up of jericho/miz. they could have been a GREAT team. but it's not bad.. it's getting there. maybe one day they can get it back to the height it was at with E&C/Dudleys/Hardyz.

I wouldn’t say it is improving and if it is, then it is improving at a slow rate.

The problem that will always plague Raw, is that is so main event talent heavy, the divisions below that seem to be forgotten as the WWE tries to make time for the likes of John Cena and Randy Orton. Inevitably, the tag division will suffer as most of the air time goes to support the marquee fights that will make people buy the PPV’s. However, if you look at the last year, then you can see that the WWE has noticed this and has tried to remedy that situation.

First, they gave the tag team Championships to Jeri-Show and that really worked to give some credibility back to the Tag Team Championships. It may have been a thrown together tag team but it didn’t matter that much At the end of the day, Chris Jericho and the Big Show are main event talent and having them hold it for a while was probably the best thing that the WWE could have done for the belts. They were a dominant tag team and really did just beat up everyone. I always find when I am rooting for the team to lose simply because they have held them for “too long”, that the credibility is coming back.

Then they threw the belts on DX and this was just another tag team that brought some credibility back to the division. Again, Triple H and Shawn Michaels are great main event talents and whilst some people didn’t like their reign, I thought it did it’s job and allowed the tag team belts to be around the waists of people you knew deserved them.

Now, we have The Hart Dynasty and the Uso’s quarrelling over the Championships and it is thanks to the reigns of both Jeri-Show and DX that this feud is even remotely interesting. Without credibility, these guys feud would be dead in the water and I suppose that is an improvement. However, I preferred it when he was great quality talent in that mix like DX and like Jeri-Show. It may have lost the name talent that it had but I suppose that it is improving a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back