Do you think Dreamer can still draw

This has essentially become a “flame the OP’s topic” thread. To even entertain the idea of Tommy Dreamer being a draw is laughable, and reading the thread title made me laugh a little.

No one wants to see Tommy Dreamer. He never did draw, and never will draw. He is not the person we want to see. He’s a good lower card guy who can get a decent pop out of respect, but he never was and never will be a guy who puts butts in the seats.

This has essentially become a “flame the OP’s topic” thread. To even entertain the idea of Tommy Dreamer being a draw is laughable, and reading the thread title made me laugh a little.

No one wants to see Tommy Dreamer. He never did draw, and never will draw. He is not the person we want to see. He’s a good lower card guy who can get a decent pop out of respect, but he never was and never will be a guy who puts butts in the seats.

Yeah I know it's more bashing of my topic title, they didn't read my first post because I say that I hate Dreamer and he put me to sleep but like I said in the previous post I just wanted to keep it open to discussion, which I could change it to "Since Dreamer never was able to draw why is Dixie Carter thinking otherwise".

Yeah I know it's more bashing of my topic title, they didn't read my first post because I say that I hate Dreamer and he put me to sleep but like I said in the previous post I just wanted to keep it open to discussion, which I could change it to "Since Dreamer never was able to draw why is Dixie Carter thinking otherwise".

No, not to knock you at all, but just pointing out the direction the thread has gone. As long as it sparks conversation, its a good thread IMO.

I wonder what Dixie Carter is thinking with a majority of her signings, and with the direction the company has gone, I wonder if there really is a long term plan in place. Dreamer cannot lead them into the future, and help them turn the corner. No ones cares about Dreamer, and its sad because he is a hard worker...but he just doesn't have it. He's a good enhancement talent, but should never be the focus of anything wrestling related in this day and age. He is not an interesting character for television.

I know that most of you don't read everything and just answer to the title and I know that Dreamer can't draw and never could but I wanted the topic opened for discussion because it's not face if you don't keep it open.

Now a lot of the people agree and the topic should have been Dreamer never could draw why is Dixie thinking otherwise.

Dixie is nothing more than a mark I think that's pretty obvious. She let the guy come in to here company, and take control of a PPV right away. Probably cause someone told her he was a huge draw in ECW, and she believed them. I agree with you and everyone else that said he can't and never could draw. He may of raised the WWECW ratings slightly, but he's done nothing for TNA. Just like he never drew for the original ECW.

To answer your immediate question. NO!

But the thing about it is... He has never been a DRAW. He was nothing in WWECW and was "Extremely", pardon the pun, lucky to even have been given the ECW Title in WWE. The dude is simply a lacky. He is nothing and never will be. I don't dislike him or anything. But truth be told, he has never really meant anything!

Even in his best days, which are considered his time in the real ECW. He wasn't really anything. ECW wasn't as big as people like to remember, they were more or less just there. Their true "stars" if they really ever had any, were guys like RVD, Douglas, Foley, and Sandman. But even on a grander scale, most of those guys weren't Main Stream Novelties.

Foley and RVD have become well known, not because of their ECW days really, but because of their WWF/E days! Who is and/or was, Sandman to the casual wrestling fan in 94-00 or even now!?

Same basically goes for Dreamer. The things he did in ECW mean nothing to anyone except to himself, other ECW guys and DIE DIE DIE HARD ECW Fans. He is known in name a lot more than most of ECW guys. But I think that is because of his time in WWE. AND WWE's relevance in general!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back