Do You See Mike Wallace on the Steelers Nest Season?

Paul Bunyan's Axe

Occasional Pre-Show
So, we all know how Wallace is trying to get a better pay from the Steelers, but now there's a possibility of trading Mike Wallace? Reported that several teams would be interested in Wallace.

As a Steeler fan, I REALLY don't want to let go of Wallace, but depending on what kind of players and/or picks we could get from this trade, maybe it'll be worth it.

I personally think we'd still have all the depth at the receiver position even without Wallace, but he is a game changer, no doubt.

So, do you see Mike Wallace wearing #17 in black and gold coming into the next season?

It'd be nice but I just don't see it happening. He wants way too much money. He wants 17 million a year and right now the steelers have maybe 4-5 million in cap room. In order to keep him they'd need to make some deep roster cuts.

It's been reported within the last couple days in the local Pittsburgh media that there is ZERO interest from other teams regarding Mike Wallace. He wants too much money and isn't worth having to give up a first rounder to get him. Nobody wants an overpaid one-dimensional receiver with an attitude problem.

He'll end up holding out till week 8 or whatever, not getting paid anywhere near what he wants and moving on next season, where he'll get a fraction of what he thinks he's worth. The Steelers don't play these ego-massaging games for marginal players.

With the emergance of sanders and antonio brown last year, you could go as far as saying that mike wallace isn't even their #1 option at wide out. He's not versitile, he disappears in double coverage, and he's only really good for a long bomb once in a while. He doesn't go up the middle, and he's not very big. He's not a 17 million dollar wide out. If that's what he's demanding, they should let him walk.

It's been reported within the last couple days in the local Pittsburgh media that there is ZERO interest from other teams regarding Mike Wallace. He wants too much money and isn't worth having to give up a first rounder to get him. Nobody wants an overpaid one-dimensional receiver with an attitude problem.

He'll end up holding out till week 8 or whatever, not getting paid anywhere near what he wants and moving on next season, where he'll get a fraction of what he thinks he's worth. The Steelers don't play these ego-massaging games for marginal players.

Exactly, if he wants Larry Fitzgerald money he's going to have to turn into a Larry Fitzgerald type of player. He's a good receiver but he's not a great receiver. He's going to have to check his ego in at the door.

Yes, I do think Mike Wallace will be with the Steelers next season. I doubt any team is going to give a first draft pick and any salary that Mike Wallace hopes on receiving. He's hot headed right now, because he thinks he deserves a bigger salary than he has gotten. I do believe he should get a bigger contract, nothing near what he's expects thought. They will resolve the issue before the season starts. Even if it's only a one year deal, they still have another where he's a restricted free agent. Although if another team decides to Mike Wallace, the Steelers have enough to contend, but it would be better to have Mike Wallace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back