• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you red-rep for spamming?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't if it's a n00b. If it is then I try and point them in the right direction of the rules and such or try and tell them how they could do the same post a little but better. I feel differently if they have been around for a while or have a decent post count or rep though because they should know a little bit better IMO.

So do you red-rep for spamming?

I green rep when I am spreading. Do you actively seek out bad posts to red-rep?

Don't you think sometimes that it would make more sense or be more productive to just direct them towards the rules, rather than giving out infractions to people? Or, indeed trying to make them a better poster.

There will be two warnings before an infraction, a warning is to say HEY IDIOT WE HAVE FUCKING RULES, READ THEM! If they don't get it after two warnings, they deserve an infraction.

Okay, so if you weren't a mod would you:

a) Report that person for spamming,
b) Red rep the person,
c) point them towards the rules,
d) Do nothing,

??

depends, if it annoys me no end I still red rep them, but why should I point them towards the rules? That's a mods job, as I am a mod, I do that, if I wasn't, I wouldn't.

I report sometimes. I've been getting into red repping more and more though as it seems to be the only thing that really pisses people off.

Unfortunately, I sometimes green rep accidently.

I can definitely tell you weren't here for the long argument between myself and Sly...

Yes...I red rep for spam...No matter how long they've been here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back